EclipseLink/UserGuide/JPA/Introduction/About This Documentation
|Mailing List • Forums • IRC|
About This Documentation
EclipseLink provides the reference implementation of the Java Persistence Architecture (JPA) 2.0 specification. It also includes many enhancements and extensions. This documentation primarily documents the EclipseLink enhancements and extensions to JPA. Please refer to the JPA specification for full documentation of core JPA. Where appropriate, this documentation provides links to the pertinent section of the specification.
For more information, see:
- Basic JPA Development - More information about EclipseLink support of JPA.
- Java Persistence 2.0 specification - Complete core JPA 2.0 reference documentation.
- EclipeLink Javadoc - Complete EclipseLink JPA API reference documentation, including core JPA plus the EclipseLink enhancements:
- Core JPA include the javax.persistence.* packages.
- EclipseLink JPA enhancements include the org.eclipse.persistence.* packages.
- XML schemas (XSDs) - Definitions of the elements used for configuring persistence units and mappings:
- The Java EE 5 Tutorial, Part V, Persistence - Task-based information to help you implement JPA 2.0 applications. This tutorial does not include EclipseLink-specific information, but it contains much useful information about JPA 2.0.
- Java Persistence - Wiki-based, "open-source" book about JPA 2.0. The title page contains a number of useful links to other resources.