EclipseLink/UserGuide/JPA/Introduction/About This Documentation
|Mailing List • Forums • IRC • mattermost|
|Open • Help Wanted • Bug Day|
About This Documentation
EclipseLink provides the reference implementation of the Java Persistence Architecture (JPA) 2.0 specification. It also includes many enhancements and extensions. This documentation primarily documents the EclipseLink enhancements and extensions to JPA. Please refer to the JPA specification for full documentation of JPA. Where appropriate, this documentation provides links to the pertinent section of the specification.
- See Basic JPA Development for more information about EclipseLink support of JPA.
- See the [Java Persistence 2.0] specification for complete core JPA documentation.
- See the [EclipeLink Javadoc] for complete EclipseLink JPA API reference documentation, including core JPA plus the EclipseLink enhancements:
- Core JPA include the javax.persistence.* packages.
- EclipseLink JPA enhancements include the org.eclipse.persistence.* packages.