Difference between revisions of "EclipseLink/UserGuide/JPA/Basic JPA Development/Mapping/Basic Mappings"
|Line 14:||Line 14:|
* [http://www.eclipse.org/eclipselink/api/latest/org/eclipse/persistence/mappings/.html DirectToFieldMapping]
Latest revision as of 10:31, 27 October 2011
|Mailing List • Forums • IRC|
Simple Java types are mapped as part of the immediate state of an entity in its fields or properties. Mappings of simple Java types are called basic mappings.
By default, EclipseLink persistence provider automatically configures a basic mapping for simple types.
Use the following annotations to fine-tune how your database implements these mappings:
For all mapping types there are a common set of options:
- Read-Only: Specifies that the mapping should populate the value on read and copy. Required when multiple mappings share the same database column.
- Converters: Allows custom data types and data conversions to be used with most mapping types
- Annotations: @Converter, @TypeConverter, @ObjectTypeConverter, @StructConverter, @Convert
- XML: <converter>, <type-converter>, <object-type-converter>, <struct-converter>, <convert>
See Default Conversions and Converters for details.