EclipseLink/UserGuide/JPA/Basic JPA Development/EclipseLink JPA
|Mailing List • Forums • IRC • mattermost|
|Open • Help Wanted • Bug Day|
About EclipseLink JPA
This section introduces EclipseLink implementation of Java Persistence API.
As a specification, JPA needs to be implemented by vendors or open source projects.
EclipseLink provides a complete, JPA 2.0-compliant JPA implementation. It provides complete compliance for all of the mandatory features, many of the optional features, and some additional features. The additional nonmandatory functionality includes the following:
- object-level cache;
- distributed cache coordination;
- extensive performance tuning options;
- enhanced Oracle Database support;
- support for NoSQL databases;
- advanced mappings;
- optimistic and pessimistic locking options;
- extended annotations and query hints;
- dynamic and extensible meta-data.
EclipseLink offers support for deployment within an EJB 3.0 container. This includes Web containers and other non-EJB 3.0 Java EE containers.
Through its pluggable persistence capabilities EclipseLink can function as the persistence provider in a compliant EJB 3.0 container.
For more information, see About EclipseLink.