EclipseLink 1.2.0 Release Notes
The EclipseLink 1.2.0 Release became available for download October 23, 2009.
Resolved Bug Queries
- All Bugs and Enhancements Requests (ordered by priority)
All known issues with EclipseLink are tracked in the Eclipse bugzilla database. Queries for current open bugs in EclipseLink are available here.
JPA 2.0 Preview Limitations
With the JPA 2.0 there are some capabilities that are incomplete or differ in functionality from the current draft specification
- Criteria API
- QueryBuilder (javax.persistence.criteria) has been renamed to CriteriaBuilder in the final JPA 2.0 release
- Predicate.negate will be renamed to Predicate.not in final JPA 2.0 release
- Majority of QueryBuilder operators not yet implemented
- Metamodel: Some API not yet implemented or partially functional
- IdentifiableTypeImpl.java: get*Id and get*Version methods
- MappedSuperclassTypeImpl.java - Partially implemented: public Type<?> getIdType()
- EntityTypeImpl.java - Partially Implemented: public Type<?> getIdType()
Dynamic Weaving on JBoss Server
Using EclispeLink with JPA Dynamic Weaving on JBoss 5.1.0 (and higher) may result in multiple exceptions due to how transactions are handled by the container. Some classes may already have been loaded by the real classLoader in JBoss before EclipseLink weaves them.
This error occurs only with dynamic weaving -- static weaving executes correctly.
See Bug 293581 for details.
The following features have been newly deprecated in the 2.0 release
|JPA||Standard Properties||JPA 2.0 introduces common properties for JDBC configuration. The implementation of these makes some of the existing 'eclipselink.jdbc.*' properties redundant for both JPA 1.0 and 2.0 usage and therefore have been deprecated in this release. They will be removed in a future release. In Eclipselink 1.2.0 the use of these properties will result in a log warning.|
Persistence Specifications Supported
|EJB 3.0 (Java Persistence) - JSR 220||1.0|
|Java Persistence (JPA) - JSR 317||2.0||Preview based on final public draft|
|Service Data Objects SDO - JSR 235||2.1.1||Reference Implementation provided by EclipseLink 1.1.0.r3634|
|Java XML Binding Architecture (JAXB) - JSR 222||2.1|
Java Persistence (JPA) 1.0 & 2.0
|Java Architecture|| JPA 2.0 Preview
| JPA 1.0
Included with EclipseLink ZIP
| JPA 1.0|
| Java SE
| Java SE
| Java EE
| Java EE
| OSGi (Equinox)
Database Platform Certifications
- Database Platform Certification Notes
- (O) - Certified by Oracle TopLink QA for the EclipseLink project