Difference between revisions of "EclipseLink/Release/1.0"
|Line 67:||Line 67:|
Revision as of 08:31, 18 October 2011
A patch release for EclipseLink 1.0 is now available. EclipseLink 1.0.1. includes the same feature set, along with some bug and usability fixes.
The 1.0 release is the first release of the Eclipse Persistence Services (EclipseLink) project. It brings the entire functionality of Oracle's TopLink product to the entire Java community with the first comprehensive open source persistence solution. The EclipseLink committers are very proud to deliver this initial release and encourages all developers to download the release, try it out, provide feedback, and join this growing community of users, contributors, and committers.
The 1.0 release offers some of the most advanced persistence capabilities based around leading standards. The following are highlights of this release:
- JPA: Implements the 1.0 specification with many advanced features
- MOXy: Implements JAXB2 features as well as enabling meet in the middle mapping
- SDO: Implementing the 2.1 specification
- Common core shared across the other persistence services
- Includes the classic (native) object-relational mapping, object-XML binding and EIS mapping support
- Migration utilities to help customers using TopLink Essentials or previous versions of Oracle TopLink to migrate to EclipseLink
- Workbench utility enabling meet in the middle mapping for classic ORM, OXM, and EIS
- Documentation is provided through the User Guide (wiki)
- Examples: A growing set of how-to's, functional examples, and tutorials illustrating the use of EclipseLink.
For a complete list of features please see features index.
The 1.0 release is available for download here. The release offers both a zip file intended for standard JavaSE and JavaEE usage. There is also a ZIP file provided of OSGi bundles.
To get started with EclipseLink you will want to review the examples and documentation links in the EclipseLink User Guide.
All known issues with EclipseLink are tracked in the Eclipse bugzilla database. Queries into this database for EclipseLink are available here. The following is a list of known issues that are highlighted to assist users of this release.
|237545||JPA||Attribute change tracking does not work on 1:M with @OrderBy||Fixed in EclipseLink 1.0.1 - Workaround: Use deferred change tracking|
|239882||Utils - Package Renamer||The Package Renamer utility does not always properly rename xml files||Workaround: Use your existing TopLink 10.1.3X xml files|
|241979||JPA||MappedSuperclasses are not weaved unless they contain a OneToOneMapping causing issues with change tracking||Fixed in EclipseLink 1.0.1 - Workaround: Set persistence unit property eclipselink.weaving.changetracking to false|