< EclipseLink | FAQ | JPA
Sybase is a commercial relational database, currently owned by SAP. Sybase has existed since 1980.
- Sybase supports most of JPA and most standard SQL and JPQL.
- Sybase's primary JDBC driver is Sybase JConnect.
- Sybase supports IDENTITY sequencing.
- Sybase support temp tables (used in complex update/delete all queries from JPA).
- Sybase supports stored procedures, (but has some issues).
- "com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybSQLException: Operand type clash: VARCHAR is incompatible with VOID TYPE "
- Sybase requires that any OUTPUT parameters be registered as INOUT parameters when called from JDBC.
- "com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybSQLException: Stored procedure 'SProc_Read_InOut' may be run only in unchained transaction mode. The 'SET CHAINED OFF' command will cause the current session to use unchained transaction mode."
- This seems to be a Sybase JDBC/stored procedure issue, EclipseLink provides one solution through the API, session.getLogin().handleTransactionsManuallyForSybaseJConnect().