This is the EclipseLink FAQ, please feel free to post "common" questions here about EclipseLink that you believe "other" users we find "useful". Please do not use this to ask general questions or for issues you are having using the product or for support, please post these types of questions to the Forum.
Please add your questions to the most suitable category or create a new category. (to add a question edit this page and provide a link to your question).
These are general frequently asked questions focussed on what the Eclipse Persistence Services (EclipseLink) project is, what the various persistence services are as well as general questions about the project.
- What is the Eclipse Persistence Services Project (EclipseLink)?
- What is the relationship between EclipseLink and the Oracle TopLink product?
- What are the components of EclipseLink?
- Where can I download EclipseLink?
- How do I get started using EclipseLink?
EclipseLink's object-caching is one of its most powerful and unique features. The caching applies to users of EclipseLink's JPA (and Native ORM), DBWS, and EIS. These frequently asked questions focus on how EclipseLink's entity cache works and how it is most commonly used and configured.
See Caching with EclipseLink and Guidelines for Configuring the Cache and Identity Maps in the EclipseLink User's Guide for additional information.
EclipseLink JPA, ORM
- What is Object-Relational Persistence: JPA
- What are the best practices for using EclipseLink JPA?
- Migrating to EclipseLink JPA
- What databases are supported?
- How is EclipseLink integrated with the Oracle database?