This set of examples is intended to introduce you to meet-in-the-middle mapping. This is when you are mapping an existing object model to an existing XML schema. This can commonly occur when you have an existing application that you wish to expose as a web service using a XML schema corresponding to some industry standard.
- Advantages - Compare meet-in-the-middle mapping to other approaches.
- XPath - XPath based mapping.
- XMLNameTransformer - Customized XML Name Conversions.
- ElementMappingByAttributeValue - Mapping elements based on the value of an attribute.
- MetadataRepository - Retrieve and use XML binding definitions from outside your application.
- Extensible - Virtual properties defined by the MOXy metadata to provide a way to extend a class without modifying the
- RefreshMetadata - Update the metadata (in this example to include information about new extensions) without stopping the application.