Simple Example - student
The "student" example is intended to provide a simple example of using JPA-RS with a single entity persistence unit in a web application.
The following are the minimal requirements for this example.
- EclipseLink 2.4.2
- Eclipse Java EE IDE - Juno Release
- Git access to eclipselink examples git repository. The steps to connect to the repo can be found below.
- Glassfish 3.1.2
- REST client (Chrome Postman REST Client is used in this example, but you can use your favorite REST Client)
The following steps will be performed in setting up and running this example in your own environment
- Installation & Configuration
- Check out student example from GIT
- Database connectivity
- GlassFish - Datasource configuration
- Verify config
- Populate database
- Running the Example
- Deploy Web Application
- View metadata
- Query entities
- Create entity
- Delete entity
- Update entity
Installation and Configuration
1. Clone "examples" from git. The "student" example is stored under student folder.
2. Configure datasource. Create a JDBC Connection Pool called "jdbc/JPARSStudentDS" and define a new JDBC Resources using this connection pool. You can use any of the databases supported by the eclipselink.
3. Run createDDL.jdbc script under examples\student\student.model, populate database tables required for the student example.
4. Lauch eclipse. Select File->Import->Maven->Existing Maven Projects, hit next and point Root Directory to student folder. Hit finish.