Simple JPA-RS Example - student
The "student" example is intended to be the "Hello World" example of using JPA-RS with a single entity persistence unit in a web application.
The following are the minimal requirements for this example.
- EclipseLink 2.4.2
- Eclipse Java EE IDE - Juno Release
- Git access to eclipselink examples git repository. The steps to connect to the repo can be found below.
- Glassfish 3.1.2
- REST client (Chrome Postman REST Client is used in this example, but you can use your favorite REST Client)
The following steps will be performed in setting up and running this example in your own environment
- Installation & Configuration
- Check example out of GIT
- Database connectivity
- GlassFish Configuration
- Verify config
- Populate database
- Running the Example
- Deploy Web Application
- View metadata
- Query entities
- Create entity
- Delete entity
- Update entity
- First checkout the examples from git. The example explained in this tutorial is stored under student folder.