The NetWeaver server platform allows using EclipseLink within SAP NetWeaver Application Server Java. The following versions are supported:
- SAP NetWeaver 7.1 including EHP 1
- SAP NetWeaver 7.2
- SAP NetWeaver 7.3 (not yet publicly available)
Building the NetWeaver Platform
As a prerequisite, you must have checked out the EclipseLink sources from the trunk branch and performed a successful ant-based build. See EclipseLink/Building for detailed instructions. You should then:
- Checkout the NetWeaver Platform extension from the location given below.
- Edit the build.properties file in the checked out sources so that the property trunk.dir points to the root of the EclipseLink source tree (trunk).
- Call 'ant'.
As a result, you should get a file called netweaver_platform.jar, which you can place alongside with the standard eclipselink.jar.
Using the NetWeaver Platform
The recommended deployment option is to create a separate deployable application (i.e. an SDA file) containing both eclipselink.jar and netweaver_platform.jar and to reference that application from your Java EE application. See the NetWeaver Help Portal for a description how to do this using SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio.
In order to use EclipseLink in your application, the persistence.xml file must contain the following entries:
- Add a <provider> tag to each of the defined persistence units (must be the first line after the <persistence-unit> tag) so that EclipseLink will be used as the JPA provider for the respective persistence unit:
- Include the following property at the end of each persistence unit so that EclipseLink will make use of the NetWeaver platform:
<properties> <property name="eclipselink.target-server" value="org.eclipse.persistence.extensions.platform.server.SAPNetWeaver_7_1_Platform"/> </properties>
- SAP NetWeaver AS Java (version 7.1 to 7.3) is a Java EE 5 server, hence supporting only JPA 1.0.
- Dynamic weaving cannot be used inside SAP NetWeaver AS Java. Applications should use static weaving instead.