Difference between revisions of "EclipseLink/Development/ServerPlatform/NetweaverPlatform"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 07:57, 6 April 2010
The NetWeaver server platform is a subclass of the ServerPlatform class that can be used by customers using SAP NetWeaver Application Server Java:
Starting with release 2.1 it is contained in the standard EclipseLink repository.
The NetWeaver server platform allows using EclipseLink within SAP NetWeaver Application Server Java. The following versions are supported:
- SAP NetWeaver 7.1 including EHP 1
- SAP NetWeaver 7.2
- SAP NetWeaver 7.3 (not yet publicly available)
Using the NetWeaver Platform
The recommended deployment option is to create a separate deployable application (i.e. an SDA file) containing both eclipselink.jar and netweaver_platform.jar and to reference that application from your Java EE application. See the NetWeaver Help Portal for a description how to do this using SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio.
In order to use EclipseLink in your application, the persistence.xml file must contain the following entries:
- Add a <provider> tag to each of the defined persistence units (must be the first line after the <persistence-unit> tag) so that EclipseLink will be used as the JPA provider for the respective persistence unit:
- Include the following property at the end of each persistence unit so that EclipseLink will make use of the NetWeaver platform:
<properties> <property name="eclipselink.target-server" value="org.eclipse.persistence.extensions.platform.server.SAPNetWeaver_7_1_Platform"/> </properties>
- SAP NetWeaver AS Java (version 7.1 to 7.3) is a Java EE 5 server, hence supporting only JPA 1.0.
- Dynamic weaving cannot be used inside SAP NetWeaver AS Java. Applications should use static weaving instead.