1.0 Release: July 2008
The 1.0 release is currently under development while the project is in incubation. The is release is focussed on delivering the full functionality of the initial contribution (Oracle TopLink) within a formal Eclipse release.
- JPA: 1.0 compliance with advanced ORM capabilities
- MOXy: JAXB 2.1 functionality (not complete compliance) with advanced mapping capabilities
- SDO: 2.1 compliance
- OSGi Bundles for JPA, MOXy, and SDO components
- Utils: Workbench and migration utilities
- Examples: How-to's, complete examples, and tutorials
- Documentation available on Wiki
1.0 Release Schedule
The following dates are the planned roll-out of EclipseLink 1.0. The graduation and release reviews must also be schedule and will be added to this when available.
|1.0M7||May 7, 2008||EclipseLink OSGi/Equinox support|
|1.0M8||June 4, 2008||Final functionality freeze|
|1.0RC1||June 18, 2008||Release Candidate 1|
|1.0RC2||June 25, 2008||Release Candidate 2|
|1.0 Release||July 9th, 2008||Final 1.0 Release|
For more details and milestone information see the detailed 1.0 exit criteria and milestone information.
1.0.1 Release: TBD
The 1.0.1 release will be the first maintenance release of 1.0.
1.1 Release: TBD
The 1.1 release will be the first feature release after 1.0.
- JPA 2.0 preview Functionality
- MOXy will provide JAXB 2.1 compliance
2.0: Spring 2009
The following are items not currently planned for the 1.0 release but which will be addressed for future releases
- JPA 2.0
- Data Access Services (DAS) for SDO Data Objects
- Database Web Services (DBWS) using JAX-WS