< EclipseLink | Development
Java SE 6 Integration
This section describes current issues and resolutions for compiling and running EclipseLink on a Sun Java 6 JRE (currently 1.6.0_03-b05).
What is not working
- eclipselink.jpa test - UnsupportedClassVersionError when running using 1.6 compiled classes in core.
- Workaround: for now, compile core under 1.5 and run tests under 1.6 to get the junit report
- Class generation fails using 1.6 tools.jar - fix to be verified.
- If recompiling sdo.core with 1.6 - Use Java 6 JDK 1.6.0_10-rc2 (as its classLoader has been fixed)
- eclipselink.moxy - (javax.xml.bind) JAXB 2.0 is now moved from the JWSDP to JDK1.6 - API collisions will need to be sorted out
- Compiling under 1.6.0 with a target of 1.5 is working fine.
- There are 133 errors in 213261 as follows when compiling under 1.6.0 with a target of 1.6 in the following test projects
- New JDBC 4.0 Intefaces - stubs were added
- Changes to the java.sql package in the JDBC 4.0 API added new interface changes that affect our test code using the following classes
- Wrapper, Connection, DataSource, PreparedStatement, Statement and ResultSet
- These changes are not Java SE 5 backwards compatible.
- ER 236185: Java6 API Support
- Bug 248019 Java6 JVM The JDK 1.6 JRE classLoader has a 10x slowdown until JDK 1.6.0_10-rc2 for JUnit tests