< EclipseLink | Development
Java SE 6 Integration
This section describes current issues and resolutions for compiling and running EclipseLink on a Sun Java 6 JRE (currently 1.6.0_03-b05).
What is not working
- eclipselink.jpa test
- Class generation fails using 1.6 tools.jar - fix to be verified.
- If recompiling sdo.core with 1.6 - Use Java 6 JDK 1.6.0_10-rc2 (as its classLoader has been fixed)
- eclipselink.moxy - (javax.xml.bind) JAXB 2.0 is now moved from the JWSDP to JDK1.6 - API collisions will need to be sorted out - fix to be verified
- Compiling under 1.6.0 with a target of 1.5 is working fine.
- There are 133 errors in 213261 as follows when compiling under 1.6.0 with a target of 1.6 in the following test projects
- New JDBC 4.0 Intefaces - stubs were added
- Changes to the java.sql package in the JDBC 4.0 API added new interface changes that affect our test code using the following classes
- Wrapper, Connection, DataSource, PreparedStatement, Statement and ResultSet
- These changes are not Java SE 5 backwards compatible.
- ER 236185: Java6 API Support
- Bug 248019 Java6 JVM The JDK 1.6 JRE classLoader has a 10x slowdown until JDK 1.6.0_10-rc2 for JUnit tests
Features new to Java 1.6
- The following features new to Java 1.6 are being considered for the future as enhancements or customer requests. These features will only be available when we have moved our compile baseline from 1.5 to 1.6.
- JMX 1.4 ( new JMX static class, MXBeans...)
- JDBC 4.0 in Java 6 - see the JDBC 4.0 introduction to Java 1.6 as part of the JavaDB introduction - http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/sql/package-summary.html
- JAXP 1.4 RI in Java6