EclipseLink 2.3.0 (Indigo) Development
Application developers are continuously faced with deploying to larger clusters and application grids as well as public and private clouds with SaaS and PaaS. In order to do this effectively they are challenged with how to address persistence in these environments as well as how to minimize future development costs as they address:
- Monitoring and Management
- Growing volumes of data using partitioning strategies
- Built in support for end user extensible applications
- Multiple tenant data architectures
- Application version upgrade
While EclipseLink has supported these advanced persistence capabilities in previous releases the Indigo release will focus on simplifying how these are used, educating the community on their use, and supporting their use with documentation and examples.
The above listed themes for this release are translated into the following features.
The [Indigo/Simultaneous_Release_Plan] governs the overall release. The EclipseLink contribution dates to the release are:
- Indigo M5+1 - Jan 31
- Indigo M6+1 - March 14
- Indigo M7+1 - May 2
- Indigo RC1-4 May 16,23,30 and June 6
- Indigo GA - June 22