The (proposed) Incubation component of EclipseLink allows new functionality and prototypes to be developed in isolation of the shipped components and does not affect the regular build/test processes. Each incubation sub-component will exist on its own and will be developed in association with an open bug or enhancement request.
Current Incubation Sub-Components
|200045 Dynamic Persistence||dclarke||EclipseLink/Development/JPA/Dynamic|
Incubation Process Guidelines
The development of incubation sub-components is intended to be simple.
Creating a new Incubation Sub-Component
In order to create a new incubation sub-component the following steps should be followed:
- Open a bug or enhancement request for the proposed incubation work
- Send an email to the firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list proposing the bug for development in the incubation component
- At the next weekly committer meeting present the idea and seek approval
The creation and development of the sub-component should include the following:
- Create a folder in the incubation component for the work /trunk/incubation/my-project
- Create a WIKI for the work under: wiki.eclipse.org/Development/MyProject
Promoting an Incubation Sub-Component
After the incubation work has reached maturity and the owning committer(s) wish to promote it into the product