< EclipseLink | Development
EclipseLink 2.4.0 Development Plans
This page is a working document for what is being planned and developed for EclipseLink 2.4.0, which is scheduled for fall/winter 2011.
- Tycho/Maven Migration Incorporate the use of Tycho to generate OSGi bundles using a manifest-first methodology. This will remove the need for BND, but will rely heavily upon developers properly maintaining the manifest files.
- Enhanced Schema Provisioning: Schema upgrade to handle application version upgrades. Upon request the Schmea will be extended to add additional tables, columns, indexes.
- MetadataSource support for PU Properties: During the bootstrap of a JPA persistence unit the Metadatasource will provide additional PU properties that can come from an external source to customize the PU properties used in the EntityManagerFactory creation.
- JPA 2.1: Provide early access to some of the JPA 2.1 defined features. This will dependend on the progres sthe expert group makes.
- Gemini JPA: With the Gemini JPA 1.0 release scheduled to come out this summer the current solution available (which we have deprecated) need to be fully transitioned to leverage the Gemini solutions. This will involve updates or migration of examples but may also involve a coordinated Gemini release if feature work is included.
- RESTful JPA: Provide a JAX-RS solution for easily making a JPA persistence unit available through REST calls.