EclipseLink 2.1: Enhanced FetchGroup Support
This feature will enhance EclipseLink's existing FetchGroup support to include the following additional features:
- bug 244124: Add Nested FetchGroup support
Previous FetchGroup Functionality
In 2.0 and earlier releases of EclipseLink FetchGroup had the following functionality:
- Requires the entity class to implement FetchGroupTracker, which is generally only added during weaving.
- Supported single level attributes only
- The attributes specified and required (identify and version locking columns) are read on the initial query
- Requests for attributes not in the FetchGroup will be loaded together on a request for an un-fetched attribute (2 level load only).
- Relationship attributes
- 1:1/M:1 attributes in the FetchGroup will have their FK columns read
- Collection attributes ...