Design Specification: MOXy Extensions: Additional MOXy external metadata and annotation support required
|Date||Author||Version Description & Notes|
|2010/06/25||David McCann||Initial Contribution. The work outlined in this design document is a continuation of the work done for ER 293925|
- Provide MOXy annotation support equivalent to our XML metadata support.
- Provide additional MOXy annotation support that will allow similar configuration abilities as with deployment XML.
- List any relevant concepts here.
The following sections will expand the goals of this project into more concrete requirements.
EclipseLink MOXy Annotations
We require the same level of support through annotations as we have via EclipseLink XML metadata
EclipseLink JPA Annotations
The annotations should have the same feel as the equivalent annotations for EclipseLink JPA whenever possible.
High Level Design
EclipseLink MOXy extension support
This support will be added as outlined in the following phases:
- Phase #1 – Provide MOXy annotation support equivalent to our XML metadata support
- Phase #2 – Provide additional support that allows similar configuration abilities as with deployment XML
Design / Functionality
The basic testing strategy will be to have a test suite for each annotation (JAXB) and mapping (MOXy). Each suite will, at a minimum, test schema generation, unmarshal and marshal operations.
This section lists the open issues that are still pending that must be decided prior to fully implementing this project's requirements.
|Issue #||Owner||Description / Notes|
This section lists decisions made. These are intended to document the resolution of open issues or constraints added to the project that are important.
|Issue #||Description / Notes||Decision|
During the research for this project the following items were identified as out of scope but are captured here as potential future enhancements. If agreed upon during the review process these should be logged in the bug system.