< EclipseLink | Building
- If you notice a slowdown of network/disk transfers or your CPU is around 50% when moving a lot of files - the SVN cache scope must be minimized. It turns out that TSVNCache.exe (part of TortoiseSVN) is caching all I/O not just during SVN transactions.
- 1)Depending on the files transfered or the dest being a network/usb drive your TSVN may use upto 30% of your CPU.
- See the following - thanks Ron.
- Disabling TSVN cache
- In TortoiseSVN Settings, under Icon Overlays, set your Status cache to either Shell or None.
- 2) Disable Virus protection - aka NAV
- Not recommended, but by being very carefull you will not incur CPU and HD cycles on any file transfer.
- To change the diff viewer from the default do the following
- right click TortoiseSVN | Settings | External Programs | Diff Viewer = "C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 2\BC2.exe"