Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "Eclipse/Status meetings/Minutes"

(Nov 2)
 
(864 intermediate revisions by 23 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
__notoc__
 
__notoc__
 +
<!-- Hints:
 +
* Copy the empty template for the next week from the very end of this edit box.
 +
* Use templates to refer to {{bug|455135}} or {{bug|455135|5}} (2nd argument is the comment #)
 +
-->
  
<!-- Hint: Copy the empty template for the next week from the very end of this edit box. -->
+
== November 2, 2016 ==
== May 1, 2013 ==
+
  
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
+
==== Releng (Sravan and Markus) ====
 +
* Looking into getting rid of N-builds and move to daily 'I'-like builds, see [[Eclipse/PMC#Meeting_Minutes]]
 +
* Neon.2 news document is awaiting your additions: http://git.eclipse.org/c/www.eclipse.org/eclipse/news.git/tree/4.6.2
  
=== Status ===
+
== October 26, 2016 ==
  
==== Platform Workspace (Szymon) ====
+
==== Releng (Markus and Sravan) ====
 +
* M3 milestone week. Schedule has been added at the end of https://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/platform-releng/buildSchedule.html#milestones
 +
* Have a look at test failures and compile errors, e.g. http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops4/I20161024-2000/testResults.php
 +
** Try to address the new repeated (non-transient) failures if possible with low-risk changes.
 +
* Have a look at Bundle versions compared to reference repository http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops4/I20161024-2000/buildlogs/reporeports/reports/versionChecks.html
 +
** We still have 7 IUs that decrease in version compared to M-builds
 +
** Address these as soon as possible via {{bug|501505}}
  
==== Platform UI (Paul) ====
+
== September 21, 2016 ==
* added 'Show In' and 'Open With' buttons to Open Resource dialog
+
  
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
+
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 
+
* [Markus] Component leads: Remind your committers and yourself about contribution quality. Eclipse is not your pet project, and there is no free quality control that fixes your bugs. I had to file tons of bugs just when going over the N&N.
==== Platform Debug (Mike / Pawel) ====
+
** N&N contributions reached an unacceptable low again. Read the instructions and follow them!
 
+
==== Platform Ant (Mike) ====
+
 
+
==== Platform SWT (Silenio) ====
+
 
+
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
+
* Test results page: Ctrl+. now scrolls to the next test failure, e.g. [http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops4/I20130423-0800/testresults/html/org.eclipse.equinox.p2.tests_linux.gtk.x86_6.0.html here]
+
  
 +
=== Status ===
 +
==== Platform Resources (Szymon P) ====
 +
==== Platform UI (Lars or Dani) ====
 +
==== Platform Debug (Sarika) ====
 +
==== Platform Ant (Sarika) ====
 +
==== Platform SWT (Arun) ====
 +
==== Platform Releng (Sravan) ====
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 
+
==== JDT Debug (Sarika) ====
==== JDT Debug (Mike) ====
+
==== JDT UI (Noopur or Markus) ====
 
+
==== PDE (Vikas) ====
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
+
 
+
==== PDE (Curtis) ====
+
 
+
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
  
==== Equinox p2 (Ian Bull) ====
 
  
 
+
== September 14, 2016 ==
== April 24, 2013 ==
+
  
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 +
* [Markus] Should we reopen R4_6_maintenance for 4.6.2? E.g. start updating the POMs next Wednesday and scheduling first M-build in 2 weeks?
 +
** Decision: Sravan plans to finish up our contribution for 4.6.1 next week. After that's done, he will open the bug for migrating the POM versions.
  
 
=== Status ===
 
=== Status ===
 
+
==== Platform Resources (Szymon P) ====
==== Platform Workspace (Szymon) ====
+
==== Platform UI (Lars or Dani) ====
 
+
==== Platform Debug (Sarika) ====
==== Platform UI (Paul) ====
+
==== Platform Ant (Sarika) ====
 
+
==== Platform SWT (Arun) ====
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
+
==== Platform Releng (Sravan) ====
 
+
==== Platform Debug (Mike / Pawel) ====
+
* bug fixing / triage
+
* In good shape for M7 / no issues left for M7
+
 
+
==== Platform Ant (Mike) ====
+
* bug triage
+
* In good shape for M7 / no issues left for M7
+
 
+
==== Platform SWT (Silenio) ====
+
* one important fix remaining for GTK+ 3
+
* various bug fixing, especially around accessibility
+
 
+
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
+
 
+
* Starting Sunday 8 PM, I-builds only, for M7 stabilization week
+
* org.eclipse.test now has 4 part version number ... will take some (yet to be determined) changes to "how to run standalone tests".
+
* Still chipping away at [[Platform-releng/Releng_Plan_for_CBI_adoption]]
+
 
+
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
* Bug fixes for Kepler - M7 bugs still open, some may be moved out.
+
==== JDT Debug (Sarika) ====
* Making progress on Java 8 work
+
==== JDT UI (Noopur or Markus) ====
 
+
==== PDE (Vikas) ====
==== JDT Debug (Mike) ====
+
* bug fixing / triage
+
* In good shape for M7 / no issues left
+
* One issue has been moved to RC1: [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=358681 bug 358681]
+
 
+
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
+
* Java 8 work (spec reviews, API reviews)
+
* patch reviews (e.g. for Bidi processing)
+
* bug fixing:
+
** don't remove necessary parentheses
+
** action enablement in Javadoc and Declaration views
+
 
+
==== PDE (Curtis) ====
+
* PDE JUnit runner now supports e4 tests (Platform UI Workbench not required) {{bug|296599}}
+
* Persisting bindings forever results in bad/conflicting bindings that cannot be removed {{bug|406003}}
+
* Bug fixing
+
 
+
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
  
==== Equinox p2 (Ian Bull) ====
 
  
 
+
== August 31, 2016 ==
== April 17, 2013 ==
+
  
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
* When enabling Gerrit on your repositories:
+
* Please fix the [http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops4/N20160830-2000/testResults.php#PluginsErrors compile problems] that have been lingering for a week now.
** Remind the web masters you want to be able to bypass Gerrit via the old URLs (same setup as Platform UI or PDE)
+
* {{bug|500583}} is for the missing test results
** Check that your urls are correct [[Platform-releng/Git_Workflows#Gerrit_workflow_for_a_committer|Gerrit Workflows]]
+
** This was the bug for enabling Gerrit on PDE: {{Bug|405017}}
+
* Reminder to keep your baseline up to date (see the [http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Version_Numbering#API_Baseline_in_API_Tools rules])
+
** There were API changes in 4.2.2
+
** If you modify an installation used as a baseline, you need to reset the baseline IDE (Preferences > API Baselines > Edit... > Reset > OK)
+
  
 
=== Status ===
 
=== Status ===
 
+
==== Platform Resources (Szymon P) ====
==== Platform Workspace (Szymon) ====
+
==== Platform UI (Lars or Dani) ====
 
+
==== Platform Debug (Sarika) ====
==== Platform UI (Paul) ====
+
==== Platform Ant (Sarika) ====
 
+
==== Platform SWT (Arun) ====
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
+
==== Platform Releng (Sravan) ====
* bug fixing
+
 
+
==== Platform Debug (Mike / Pawel) ====
+
* bug fixing / triage
+
 
+
==== Platform Ant (Mike) ====
+
* triage
+
 
+
==== Platform SWT (Silenio) ====
+
* added XULRunner 10 support on 64-bit win32
+
* fixed leak in IE-based Browser
+
* bug fixing
+
 
+
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
+
 
+
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
Will not be able to join the call tonight and here's the update:
+
==== JDT Debug (Sarika) ====
* Kepler bug fixes ({{bug|385154}} and others)
+
* Java 8 work
+
* Inbox tracking etc.
+
 
+
==== JDT Debug (Mike) ====
+
*bug fixing / triage
+
 
+
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
* working on Java 8
+
==== PDE (Vikas) ====
* content assist now automatically adds a semicolon when inserting a void method
+
* bug fixing
+
 
+
==== PDE (Curtis) ====
+
* Initial @noreference on type support now available {{Bug|235618}}
+
* Pre-OSGi plug-ins can be valid dependencies for API Tools scans in the IDE {{Bug|405375}}
+
* Default start levels and autostart settings are available when launching with all bundles {{Bug|405081}}
+
* Improved support for launching without a workspace location (-data @none) {{Bug|405578}}
+
* bug fixing
+
 
+
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
  
==== Equinox p2 (Ian Bull) ====
 
  
== April 10, 2013 ==
+
== August 17, 2016 ==
  
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 +
* 4.6.1 endgame has started, see [https://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/development/plans/freeze_plan_4_6_1.php plan & rules]
  
 
=== Status ===
 
=== Status ===
 +
==== Platform Resources (Szymon P) ====
 +
==== Platform UI (Lars or Dani) ====
 +
==== Platform Debug (Sarika) ====
 +
==== Platform Ant (Sarika) ====
 +
==== Platform SWT (Arun) ====
 +
* 4.7 M2 and 4.6.1 bug fixes
 +
* Sorting out few build machine issues
  
==== Platform Workspace (Szymon) ====
+
==== Platform Releng (Sravan) ====
 
+
* (Markus) Added API in bundle org.eclipse.test.performance to take a screenshot during a JUnit test:
==== Platform UI (Paul) ====
+
:: org.eclipse.test.Screenshots#takeScreenshot(Class<?> testClass, String name)
 
+
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
+
* bug fixing
+
 
+
==== Platform Debug (Mike / Pawel) ====
+
*bug fixing / triage
+
 
+
==== Platform Ant (Mike) ====
+
*bug triage
+
 
+
==== Platform SWT (Silenio) ====
+
* Browser CEF3 work continuing
+
* investigating XULRunner support for 64-bit Windows
+
* bug fixing, particularly on GTK+ 3
+
 
+
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
+
 
+
* Working my way through [[Platform-releng/Releng_Plan_for_CBI_adoption#Towards_M7| "CBI transition plan"]] for M7 (comments welcome)
+
  
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
* Java 8 work
+
* Checked and updated bundles whose version had to be updated for 4.6.1
* Bugs for Kepler {{bug|385154}} and others}
+
* Back porting bugs for 4.6.1
 
+
==== JDT Debug (Mike) ====
+
*bug fixing / triage
+
  
 +
==== JDT Debug (Sarika) ====
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
* bug fixing
+
==== PDE (Vikas) ====
* working on Java 8
+
 
+
==== PDE (Curtis) ====
+
* Having problems with git repo after Gerrit install {{Bug|405017}}
+
* Reworking API Tools tag support
+
* API tools support for pre-osgi plug-ins
+
* Bug fixing
+
* Sick time
+
 
+
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
  
==== Equinox p2 (Ian Bull) ====
 
  
== April 3, 2013 ==
+
== August 3, 2016 ==
  
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 
* [dw] {{bug|402494}}: Simplicity vs. Correctness of "local CBI Builds". As a general rule, if a bug is entered from community based on the results of a "CBI Build", they should normally be immediately considered "invalid" and ask originator to reproduce on one of our production (I/S-Builds). There's just too many variables involved in "local CBI Builds".
 
  
 
=== Status ===
 
=== Status ===
 
+
==== Platform Resources (Szymon P) ====
==== Platform Workspace (Szymon) ====
+
==== Platform UI (Lars or Dani) ====
 
+
==== Platform Debug (Sarika) ====
==== Platform UI (Paul) ====
+
==== Platform Ant (Sarika) ====
 
+
==== Platform SWT (Arun) ====
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
+
** pom updates
+
 
+
==== Platform Debug (Mike / Pawel) ====
+
 
+
==== Platform Ant (Mike) ====
+
 
+
==== Platform SWT (Silenio) ====
+
 
+
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 
+
* Ready for M1?
* Working my way through [[Platform-releng/Releng_Plan_for_CBI_adoption#Towards_M7| "CBI transition plan"]] for M7 (comments welcome)
+
* e4Build id is no longer used.
 +
* all those e4Build cron jobs have been moved to [https://hudson.eclipse.org/releng/ Releng HIPP] which will has an id of "genie.releng".
 +
* As previously announced ...
  
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
* Java 8 work
+
==== JDT Debug (Sarika) ====
* Bugs {{bug|385154}} and {{bug|395897}}
+
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
* Bug fixes for Kepler
+
==== PDE (Vikas) ====
 
+
==== JDT Debug (Mike) ====
+
 
+
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
+
*working on Java&trade; 8 (for details see [[JDT UI/Java8]])
+
*deleting '&lt;' also removes '&gt;' and type arguments inserted by content assist
+
*pom updates
+
 
+
==== PDE (Curtis) ====
+
 
+
* Working on @noreference on types
+
* Package default members no longer considered API
+
* Tags on members with private/package default parents marked as invalid
+
* Pom updates
+
 
+
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 +
==== Equinox p2 (Pascal) ====
  
==== Equinox p2 (Ian Bull) ====
 
  
== March 27, 2013 ==
+
== June 8 &ndash; July 27, 2016 ==
  
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 
+
'''* please send your top plan items for Oxygen (4.7) to eclipse-dev'''
{{bug|403352}} - Update all parent versions to match our build stream
+
* no further status calls till end of July, but please watch or check this page for important notifications
 +
* if you have major status updates, please still post them here or to eclipse-dev
 +
* master is open for Oxygen (4.7) contributions
 +
** I-builds for Oxygen will only start after Neon has been declared
 +
** do not update parent POM versions (but do update the bundle versions according to [[Version Numbering]])
 +
** do not create R4_6_maintenance at this point
 +
** if we need a rebuild for certain bundles, we will create an R4_6_maintenance branch for that repo and build from there
  
 
=== Status ===
 
=== Status ===
 +
* no changes planned for Neon on top of 4.6 RC4a
  
==== Platform Workspace (Szymon) ====
 
  
==== Platform UI (Paul) ====
+
== May 25, 2016 ==
  
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
+
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
* looked at contributed pom parent patches
+
* Copyright years don't need to be updated any more, see {{bug|485257|17}}.
* bug fixing
+
** The year of creation is still mandatory, but the ", <modificationYear>" can be omitted or left as is.
 
+
==== Platform Debug (Mike / Pawel) ====
+
 
+
==== Platform Ant (Mike) ====
+
 
+
==== Platform SWT (Silenio) ====
+
  
 +
=== Status ===
 +
==== Platform Resources (Szymon P) ====
 +
==== Platform UI (Lars or Dani) ====
 +
==== Platform Debug (Sarika) ====
 +
==== Platform Ant (Sarika) ====
 +
==== Platform SWT (Arun) ====
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 
* Working my way through [[Platform-releng/Releng_Plan_for_CBI_adoption#Towards_M7| "CBI transition plan"]] for M7 (comments welcome)
 
 
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 
+
==== JDT Debug (Sarika) ====
* Making good progress on Java 8 work
+
* {{bug|395897}} - INDEX_LOCATION_ATTRIBUTE_NAME attribute value is ignored when the index is rebuilt
+
* And working on other bugs for M7
+
 
+
==== JDT Debug (Mike) ====
+
 
+
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
 
+
==== PDE (Vikas) ====
==== PDE (Curtis) ====
+
* applying pom patches
+
* bug fixing
+
* fixing PDE Build and API tools tests
+
 
+
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 +
==== Equinox p2 (Pascal) ====
  
==== Equinox p2 (Ian Bull) ====
 
  
 
+
== April 27, 2016 ==
== March 20, 2013 ==
+
  
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 +
 +
* Should we shift schedule due to issues getting a "good I-build" on Tuesday? If so, half a day? A whole day?
 +
* Two changes made to Platform Hipp
 +
:- Have changed parent pom to use I-builds for "build-individual-bundles".
 +
:- Have changed Platform Hipp so that all the jobs there will use the "Eclipse mirror of maven central" {{bug|492502}}
 +
* During RC period, we only do I-builds, no N-builds. But, I do not recall, does that start "right after M7" or does that start "right after RC1"? (I'd recommend "right after M7", but thought it deserved discussion.)
 +
:- Dani: after M7
 +
* Please read the [https://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/development/plans/freeze_plan_4_6.php Eclipse Neon 4.6 Endgame Plan] carefully and follow the fix pass rules of engagement when we enter the endgame.
 +
:- Next Monday and Tuesday are test days. Component leads make sure to have a test plan that covers all Neon work.
  
 
=== Status ===
 
=== Status ===
 
+
==== Platform Resources (Szymon P) ====
==== Platform Workspace (Szymon) ====
+
==== Platform UI (Lars or Dani) ====
 
+
==== Platform Debug (Sarika) ====
==== Platform UI (Paul) ====
+
==== Platform Ant (Sarika) ====
 
+
==== Platform SWT (Arun) ====
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
+
* shipped M6
+
* bug fixing
+
 
+
==== Platform Debug (Mike / Pawel) ====
+
* tested / released M6
+
* inbox triage / bug fixing
+
 
+
==== Platform Ant (Mike) ====
+
* tested / released M6
+
* inbox triage
+
 
+
==== Platform SWT (Silenio) ====
+
* Lina Kemmel now has SWT commit rights (BIDI)
+
* BIDI fixes released
+
* reviewing GTK+ 3 patches, GTK+ 3 shows new problems on Fedora 18
+
* CEF3 work continuing, focus on messaging between browser and render processes
+
* 4.3M6 test pass
+
 
+
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 
* finishing M6 SimRel
 
* updated [http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/platform-releng/buildSchedule.html build schedule] (please review)
 
* updated [[Platform-releng/Releng_Plan_for_CBI_adoption#Towards_M7| "CBI transition plan"]] for M7 (please review)
 
 
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
* M6 went well
+
==== JDT Debug (Sarika) ====
* DOM/AST part for JSR 308 is complete.
+
* Making progress on JSR 335.
+
* Failing tests on CBI built ECJ are due to missing files (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=385154)
+
 
+
==== JDT Debug (Mike) ====
+
* tested / released M6
+
* inbox triage / bug fixing
+
 
+
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
* shipped M6
+
==== PDE (Vikas) ====
* working on Java 8 plan for JDT UI (in progress)
+
* bug fixing / reviews
+
 
+
==== PDE (Curtis) ====
+
 
+
* updated support for correct problem placement for local types: [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=403258|bug 403258]
+
* working on support for @noreference tag on types: [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=235618|bug 235618]
+
* M6 test pass
+
* bug fixing
+
 
+
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 +
==== Equinox p2 (Pascal) ====
  
==== Equinox p2 (Ian Bull) ====
+
== April 13, 2016 ==
 
+
 
+
== March 13, 2013 ==
+
  
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 +
<!-- Eclipse Project PMC approval pending:
 +
* Copyright years don't need to be updated any more, see {{bug|485257|13}}.
 +
** The year of creation is still mandatory, but the ", <modificationYear>" can be omitted or left as is.
 +
-->
  
 
=== Status ===
 
=== Status ===
 
+
==== Platform Resources (Szymon P) ====
==== Platform Workspace (Szymon) ====
+
==== Platform UI (Lars or Dani) ====
* new developer on board (Daniel Rolka) who works on Platform UI
+
==== Platform Debug (Sarika) ====
* failing tests related to timeouts on cvs server will be disabled for M6
+
==== Platform Ant (Sarika) ====
* no more bug fixing planed for M6
+
==== Platform SWT (Arun) ====
 
+
* M7 bug fixes
==== Platform UI (Paul) ====
+
* added API BidiUtils for handling structured text display and base text direction enforcement ({{bug|383185}})
+
* added command line arguments to control bidi support ({{bug|307307}})
+
* added full bidi support to New File/Folder wizards
+
 
+
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
+
* added whole word option to File Search page (external contribution)
+
* added option to open Search dialog on last used search page (external contribution)
+
* full day test pass for M6
+
* vacation
+
 
+
==== Platform Debug (Mike / Pawel) ====
+
*bug fixing /triage
+
*nothing left for M6
+
*testing
+
*dropped pin & clone support from Kepler to give us more time to work out the kinks
+
 
+
==== Platform Ant (Mike) ====
+
 
+
==== Platform SWT (Silenio) ====
+
- test pass on 4.3M6, no changes currently planned
+
- CEF3 work continuing
+
- XULRunner 17 work continuing
+
  
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 
* M6 CBI builds are about as done as they are going to be. But appear to be usable (for end users, and other's builds).
 
: Most notable omissions: Delta pack isn't quiet right. Equinox drops are not being "collected and published".
 
 
* At least Windows Tests are finally working. (If any of failing Unit tests, such as in p2? On Mac? appear due to proxy problems, let me know and there is more tweaking I can do).
 
 
* Announcement: A new drop from EMF went into this morning's build, so ... may deserve a little retesting.
 
 
* Discussion? Instead of composite of all milestones, should M6 be just M6?
 
 
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 
+
==== JDT Debug (Sarika) ====
==== JDT Debug (Mike) ====
+
 
+
*bug fixing / triage
+
*testing
+
*nothing left for M6
+
 
+
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
* fixed several visibility issues in quick fixes
+
==== PDE (Vikas) ====
* CBI build: fixed all Javadoc generation problems in the SDK
+
 
+
==== PDE (Curtis) ====
+
* Added committer FAQ to wiki [[Eclipse/Committers/FAQ]]
+
* New builder option to check POM file versions (must be turned on PDE > Compilers preference page)
+
* PDE tests failing due to pending CBI fixes have been disabled
+
 
+
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
* cleansed the org.eclipse.equinox.bidi APIs
+
==== Equinox p2 (Pascal) ====
  
==== Equinox p2 (Ian Bull) ====
 
  
 
+
== March 23, 2016 ==
== March 6, 2013 ==
+
  
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
Line 432: Line 228:
 
=== Status ===
 
=== Status ===
  
==== Platform Workspace (Szymon) ====
+
==== Platform Resources (Szymon P) ====
  
==== Platform UI (Paul) ====
+
==== Platform UI (Lars or Dani) ====
  
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
+
==== Platform Debug (Sarika) ====
 
+
==== Platform Debug (Mike / Pawel) ====
+
* bug fixing / triage
+
* pin and clone testing (bug 145635)
+
* expression view working sets (bug  372181)
+
  
==== Platform Ant (Mike) ====
+
==== Platform Ant (Sarika) ====
  
==== Platform SWT (Silenio) ====
+
==== Platform SWT (Arun) ====
* CEF3 work continuing (Benoit)
+
* M6 verification
* XULRunner 17 work continuing
+
* M7 bug fixes and patch reviews
* reviewing GTK+ 3 patch that re-implements much of DateTime
+
* 4.3-stream bug fixing
+
  
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
  
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
* AST/Rewrite work for JSR 335/308
+
* M6 bug fixes
* Sementic analysis for JSR 335
+
* Java 9 work
* Inbox tracking
+
  
==== JDT Debug (Mike) ====
+
==== JDT Debug (Sarika) ====
  
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
* CBI stuff, e.g. {{bug|402392}} about Javadoc generation problems
 
* reviewed/cleansed AST APIs for Java 8
 
* updated to JUnit 4.11
 
  
==== PDE (Curtis) ====
+
==== PDE (Vikas) ====
 
+
* CBI work
+
** PDE UI tests, PDE Build export, API description file generation
+
* Bug fixing
+
  
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
  
==== Equinox p2 (Ian Bull) ====
+
==== Equinox p2 (Pascal) ====
  
 
+
== March 16, 2016 ==
== February 27, 2013 ==
+
  
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 +
* [Markus] {{bug|477575}}: As standard procedure, switch "gerrit build reference" to I-build during milestones
 +
** As we had to learn in {{bug|489493|5}}, this is really necessary, because the absence of N-builds can break Gerrit jobs.
 +
* [Syzmon/Markus] The milestone week is a lockdown week, where we only push fixes for regressions or major problems, but not regular feature work. Component leads must monitor their repositories and remind misbehaving committers. Every committer can and should revert commits that violate the rules.
  
 
=== Status ===
 
=== Status ===
  
==== Platform Workspace (Szymon) ====
+
==== Platform Resources (Szymon P) ====
  
==== Platform UI (Paul) ====
+
==== Platform UI (Lars or Dani) ====
 
+
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
+
* CBI testing / fixing
+
  
==== Platform Debug (Mike / Pawel) ====
+
==== Platform Debug (Sarika) ====
*bug fixing / triage
+
*CBI testing / patches
+
*pin and clone testing (on-going)
+
  
==== Platform Ant (Mike) ====
+
==== Platform Ant (Sarika) ====
*inbox triage
+
*CBI testing
+
  
==== Platform SWT (Silenio) ====
+
==== Platform SWT (Arun) ====
* changes for CBI builds, doing test pass of CBI builds across all platforms
+
* preliminary HiDPI support has been released for Win32 and GTK
* initial CEF3 work released to branch, getting help on it from our student Benoit
+
* XULRunner 17 work continuing
+
* accessibility bug fixes
+
  
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
  
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
* CBI Builds
 
* progress on Java 8 work
 
* Bug fixes for Kepler
 
  
==== JDT Debug (Mike) ====
+
==== JDT Debug (Sarika) ====
*bug fixing / triage
+
*CBI testing
+
  
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
* Declaration and Javadoc view now indicate when the linking is not in sync
 
* fixes for CBI
 
* bug fixing / reviews
 
  
==== PDE (Curtis) ====
+
==== PDE (Vikas) ====
* CBI Testing
+
* M6 bugs
** Bug 401572 - PDE Build test failures - eclipse.exe is not copied into final destination
+
** Bug 400740 - PDE UI test failures - Source bundles do not have correct folder structure
+
  
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
  
==== Equinox p2 (Ian Bull) ====
+
==== Equinox p2 (Pascal) ====
  
  
== February 20, 2013 ==
+
== March 2, 2016 ==
  
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 +
 +
* Are we meeting next week?
 +
:: ''Yes, will still have the time reserved, even though several of us can not make the call.''
 +
* {{bug|488787}} Do we want an official update site with patched feature for 4.5.2 stream?
 +
:: ''Will have one "ready", but just note it in bug, not automatic update, not widely advertised, since effects only a special case.''
 +
* {{bug|179924}} Do we want to introduce "JDK internals" (via 3rd party bundles)?
 +
:: ''Will continue "holding" until we hear from developer of those 3rd party bundles.''
 +
* {{bug|488667}} Do we want to continue testing "delta pack"?
 +
:: ''David to work with Vikas to create the delta pack during tests (just as we tell users they can do, if they want to continue using it).''
  
 
=== Status ===
 
=== Status ===
  
==== Platform Workspace (Szymon) ====
+
==== Platform Resources (Szymon P) ====
* bug fixing
+
  
==== Platform UI (Paul) ====
+
==== Platform UI (Lars or Dani) ====
  
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
+
==== Platform Debug (Sarika) ====
  
==== Platform Debug (Mike / Pawel) ====
+
==== Platform Ant (Sarika) ====
* bug fixing / triage
+
* still testing / improving pin and clone - [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=145635 bug 145635]
+
* vacations
+
  
==== Platform Ant (Mike) ====
+
==== Platform SWT (Arun) ====
* bug triage
+
 
+
==== Platform SWT (Silenio) ====
+
* CEF3 work continuing, classified as a "works-with" dependency
+
* XULRunner 17 work continuing
+
* 4.3 bug fixing, many related to accessibility
+
  
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
  
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
* Progress on JSR 308 and JSR 335
 
* Inbox tracking and triaging
 
  
==== JDT Debug (Mike) ====
+
==== JDT Debug (Sarika) ====
* bug fixing / triage
+
  
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
* Improved heuristics for auto-insertion of '}' after user typed '{'
 
* working on improving the Javadoc view to indicate when the linking is not in sync
 
* fixes for CBI
 
* bug fixing / reviews
 
  
==== PDE (Curtis) ====
+
==== PDE (Vikas) ====
* Bug fixing
+
* 4.6 M6 bug fixing & reviews
* Adding unresolved bundle support to API Tools freeze task
+
  
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
  
==== Equinox p2 (Ian Bull) ====
+
==== Equinox p2 (Pascal) ====
  
 
+
== February 24, 2016 ==
== February 13, 2013 ==
+
  
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
Line 586: Line 338:
 
=== Status ===
 
=== Status ===
  
==== Platform Workspace (Szymon) ====
+
==== Platform Resources (Szymon P) ====
 +
* 4.6 M6 bug fixing.
 +
* Working on the integration with ssh-agents - {{bug|179924}}.
  
==== Platform UI (Paul) ====
+
==== Platform UI (Lars or Dani) ====
 
+
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
+
* adopted SWT#COLOR_LINK_FOREGROUND in textual editors
+
  
==== Platform Debug (Mike / Pawel) ====
+
==== Platform Debug (Sarika) ====
* bug fixing / triage
+
* continued evaluation of pin and clone - [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=145635 bug 145635]
+
* reverted fix for [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=156134 bug 156134] - caused way more breakage than imagined
+
  
==== Platform Ant (Mike) ====
+
==== Platform Ant (Sarika) ====
*bug triage
+
  
==== Platform SWT (Silenio) ====
+
==== Platform SWT (Arun) ====
* investigating various accessibility bugs
+
* Neon M6 bug fixes
* CEF3 work continuing, and CQ logged
+
* Patch reviews
* XULRunner 17 work continuing
+
  
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
  
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
* Inbox tracking
 
* Progress on JSR 335 and 308
 
* Going over the open bugs for potential API candidates
 
  
==== JDT Debug (Mike) ====
+
==== JDT Debug (Sarika) ====
*bug fixing / triage
+
  
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
* removed org.junit4 and org.junit version 3.x; fixed failing tests
 
* fixes in Eclipse JUnit view for re-running tests with names containing spaces
 
* fixed Javadoc view/hover for multi-line {@link ...} and @see <a href=...> tags
 
* reviews for jsr308 changes and for bidi APIs
 
* bug fixing/reviews
 
  
==== PDE (Curtis) ====
+
==== PDE (Vikas) ====
* API Tools Analysis scans can now run on bundles with an incomplete hierarchy (ant tasks only)
+
* 4.6 M6 bug fixing.
* Improving tests (DNF from Bug 399995, excess console output, transient failures)
+
* CBI build test failures for PDE indicate an incomplete target platform (missing doc/source bundles?)
+
  
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
  
==== Equinox p2 (Ian Bull) ====
+
==== Equinox p2 (Pascal) ====
  
 
+
== February 17, 2016 ==
== February 6, 2013 ==
+
  
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 
* Discuss how and when to tag SR2. See {{Bug|400102}} - Tag Juno SR2 Release
 
* Sign-offs needed for Juno SR2. See {{Bug|400107}} - Declare Juno SR2 RC4
 
* Reminder that [http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/eclipse.org-committers/msg00901.html eclipse.org is offline] this weekend (2/8-2/9).
 
  
 
=== Status ===
 
=== Status ===
  
==== Platform Workspace (Szymon) ====
+
==== Platform Resources (Szymon P) ====
  
==== Platform UI (Paul) ====
+
==== Platform UI (Lars or Dani) ====
  
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
+
==== Platform Debug (Sarika) ====
* full day test pass against RC3
+
* shipped 4.3 M5 (test pass, N&N)
+
* bug fixing/reviews
+
  
==== Platform Debug (Mike / Pawel) ====
+
==== Platform Ant (Sarika) ====
  
==== Platform Ant (Mike) ====
+
==== Platform SWT (Arun) ====
 
+
* Neon M6 bug fixes
==== Platform SWT (Silenio) ====
+
* Fixed a regression in 4.5.2 for RC4 [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=487687 (Bug 487687)]
* lots of testing
+
* CEF3 work continuing
+
* GTK3 work continuing
+
* various 4.3-stream fixing
+
  
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
  
* Juno SR2
+
* Consumed with "signing" issues (e.g {{bug|487833}})
* Kepler M5a
+
* CBI builds
+
: have been focusing on mechanics of automating builds, promotion, unit tests.
+
: have not looked (too much) at "correctness" yet.
+
  
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
* Test pass RC3
 
* 4.3 M5 testing and bug verification
 
* Cherry-picking commits from master to BETA_JAVA8
 
* Progress on JSR 308 and JSR 335
 
  
==== JDT Debug (Mike) ====
+
==== JDT Debug (Sarika) ====
  
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
* full day test pass against RC
 
* shipped 4.3 M5 (test pass, N&N)
 
* prepared JDT UI for removal of org.junit4 and org.junit version 3.x (org.junit version 4.x will be used for JUnit 3 and JUnit 4 tests)
 
* Javadoc hover/view now also show packages as links
 
* working on improved if-else closing bracket hover
 
* bug fixing/reviews
 
  
==== PDE (Curtis) ====
+
==== PDE (Vikas) ====
 
+
* Neon M6 bug fixes
* 4.2.2 RC3 / 4.3 M5 testing
+
* Improvements to API Tools ant tasks (report resolver errors, report missing filter files)
+
* Fixing tests, still some intermittent failures
+
  
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
  
==== Equinox p2 (Ian Bull) ====
+
==== Equinox p2 (Pascal) ====
  
 
+
== February 10, 2016 ==
== January 30, 2013 ==
+
  
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 
+
* Should we adapt this template to reflect Platform Text and UI merge?
* What's our standard for java source code encoding? Join the fun discussion in ...
+
:* {{bug|399441}} - [CBI] Warnings about UTF-8
+
:* {{bug|399451}} - Some projects have incorrect encoding set
+
 
+
* Proposed Plan for RC3/M5/RC4
+
:* Last scheduled M5 build tonight, 8 PM, sign-off tomorrow, contribute Friday
+
:* If that final build goes well (and no need for Thursday respin of M5) then we'll respin RC3 on Thursday with the known bugs fixes.
+
::* What are those bugs again?
+
::* Will schedule 3.8.x for 8 AM Thursday and 4.2.x 10 AM Thursday (Eastern), but will 'pull plug' if problems with M5
+
::* sign-off RC3 tomorrow, contribute RC3 on Friday
+
:* I believe some bugs are still planned for RC4? Should those builds be "on demand", once PMC approval is given? Final RC4 build on Wednesday?
+
  
 
=== Status ===
 
=== Status ===
  
==== Platform Workspace (Szymon) ====
+
==== Platform Resources (Szymon P) ====
* investigating/fixing failing tests
+
* Two previously rejected CQs for JNA are now approved by EMO under the new version of the IP Policy. Waiting for the guidance how to proceed with this further to finish the integration with ssh-agents - {{bug|179924}}.
* testing
+
  
==== Platform UI (Paul) ====
+
==== Platform UI (Lars) ====
  
 
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
 
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
* full day test pass against Juno SR2 RC3: no issue found
 
* full day test pass against Kepler M5: no issue found
 
* bug fixing
 
  
==== Platform Debug (Mike / Pawel) ====
+
==== Platform Debug (Sarika) ====
*Juno SR2 RC3 test pass
+
* Neon M6 Bug Fixing
** found [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=399423 bug 399423], considering for RC4
+
* Kepler M5 test pass
+
* bug fixing / triage
+
  
==== Platform Ant (Mike) ====
+
==== Platform Ant (Sarika) ====
*Juno SR2 RC3 test pass
+
* Kepler M5 test pass
+
* bug fixing / triage
+
  
==== Platform SWT (Silenio) ====
+
==== Platform SWT (Arun) ====
* 4.2.2RC3/3.8.2RC3 testing
+
* Neon M6 bug fixes including HiDPI work in progress
* identified regression, back-ported fix to 4.2.2/3.8.2 stream, but not yet included in any builds: Bug 398711 (win32)NPE in AbstractTreeViewer.getSelection trying to select non-expanded nodes
+
* Patch reviews
* continuing GTK+ 3 work
+
* SWT updated to require Java 7 [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=483635 Bug 483635]
* continuing XULRunner 17 work
+
* revisiting embedding of Chromium Embedded Framework
+
* committing CBI patches to 4.3 stream
+
* 4.3-stream bug fixing, including: Bug 395169 (win32)Table contents disappear when scrolling horizontally)
+
  
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
  
* Juno SR2
+
* ICU4J was upgraded to 56.1 ({{bug|482922}}) Those that know other languages (and/or how to test them) might kick the tires a little to make sure the bundle was correctly assembled in Orbit.
* Kepler M5
+
 
* CBI builds
+
* Added a new version of javax.annotation that "requires system.bundle". 2/10 Nighly will be the first build that it is in. No adverse effects expected ... but ... you never know. ({{bug|462686}})
 +
 
 +
* Cross-project work:
 +
: - Finished build of "Repo Tests and Reports" ({{bug|467449}})
 +
: - Proposed they move to CBI project ({{bug|487535}})
 +
: - Made first-draft build of b3 Aggregator Editor ({{bug|487478}})
 +
: - Proposed it move to CBI project ({{bug|487543}})
  
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
* 4.2.2 RC3 test pass - no issues found
 
* 4.3 M5 test pass - no issues found
 
* Progress on Java 8 work
 
  
==== JDT Debug (Mike) ====
+
==== JDT Debug (Sarika) ====
*Juno SR2 RC3 test pass
+
* Neon M6 Bug Fixing
* Kepler M5 test pass
+
* Java 9 work
* investigating mass test failures: [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=399373 bug 399373]
+
* bug fixing / triage
+
  
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
* full day test pass against Juno SR2 RC3: no issue found
 
* full day test pass against Kepler M5: 1 minor issue found and fixed
 
* bug fixing
 
  
==== PDE (Curtis) ====
+
==== PDE (Vikas) ====
 
+
* Neon M6 Bug Fixing
* 4.2.2 RC3 / 4.3 M5 testing
+
* Improvements to API Tools ant tasks (report resolver errors, report missing filter files)
+
* Fixing tests, still some intermittent failures
+
  
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
  
==== Equinox p2 (Ian Bull) ====
+
==== Equinox p2 (Pascal) ====
 
+
== February 3, 2016 ==
 
+
== January 23, 2013 ==
+
  
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
  
* [davidw] Reminder there are two M-builds this week. Today's, and again Friday. With Friday being the "official" one for Juno SR2 RC3. Which we would like to be the final one for Juno SR2 ... though, for emergencies/blockers there is always RC4? (Recall, we are trying to finish "early" since next week is Kepler M5 stabilization week).
+
* Neon
 +
:* The deadline to submit CQs for Neon is February 12, 2016. Make sure to specify that the CQ is required for Neon.
 +
:* M6 is the API freeze milestone - make sure to address bugs that require API changes by then.
 +
:* Is the Platform ready for "equinox.bidi 1.0"? See {{bug|487047#c3}}
 +
:: - Some manifests and features will need to be adjusted, so needs to be coordinated.  
 +
:: - And does the equinox.bidi bundle need work to "declare API"? Such as update @since tags?
 +
::: ''The decision was "yes", can bump up to 1.0. Tom was to open a bug to cover the work and the coordination, but turned out there was one left over from Juno! ({{bug|380397}})''
 +
::: ''And, I learned, ''@since'' tags are not needed for version 1.0, since that is implied. But, as Markus said, we will need to check to be sure its Javadoc is included in our documentation bundles.''
 +
* Mars
 +
:* Wednesday's 10 AM (Eastern) M-build is our Mars.2 RC3 candidate build -- and ideally our last for Mars.2.  
 +
:: - Please [http://eclip.se/8U triage "4.5.2/Mars.2" bugs].
 +
:* Thursday is a one-day test pass against Mars.2 (4.5.2) RC3
 +
:* There will be no RC4 ''scheduled''. We will build RC4 "upon request" as soon as all approvals/reviews are done.
 +
:: - But 2/12 is last chance for us to contribute a "final build" to Sim. Release without disrupting schedules.
  
 
=== Status ===
 
=== Status ===
  
==== Platform Workspace (Szymon) ====
+
==== Platform Resources (Szymon P) ====
* bug fixing, testing
+
* 4.5.2 testing
* can we add 3.8.2+/4.2.2+ target to Bugzilla?
+
* Szymon will not join today's call :|
+
  
==== Platform UI (Paul) ====
+
==== Platform UI (Lars) ====
  
 
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
 
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
* bug fixing/reviews, vacation
 
* test pass for Juno SR2 RC2
 
  
==== Platform Debug (Mike / Pawel) ====
+
==== Platform Debug (Sarika) ====
* bug fixing / triage / reviews
+
* Neon M6 Bug fixing
* Juno SR2 RC2 testing
+
* nothing else planned for 3.8.2 / 4.2.2
+
* kicking the tires of [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=145635 bug 145635] for inclusion in 4.3M5
+
  
==== Platform Ant (Mike) ====
+
==== Platform Ant (Sarika) ====
* bug triage
+
* Neon M6 Bug fixing
* Juno SR2 RC2 testing
+
* nothing else planned for 3.8.2 / 4.2.2
+
  
==== Platform SWT (Silenio) ====
+
==== Platform SWT (Arun) ====
* one fix submitted for 4.2.2RC3: Bug 398386 - Tooltips appearing randomly
+
* Neon M5 and Mars.2 RC2 testing
* continuing GTK+ 3 work
+
* Neon M6 bug fixes including HiDPI work in progress
* continuing XULRunner 17 work
+
* Linux-PPC32 resurrected as a supported platform
+
* various 4.3-stream bug fixes
+
  
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
  
* Good progress on CBI-based Kepler builds (no more "blockers", once I moved up to JDK 1.7.0_11 instead of 1.7.0!)
+
* Working on improving and automating "repository checker" (such as for "version checking", and similar quality checks).
: Not "urgent", but "this week" would be good for two CBI related fixes for Kepler:
+
* Built "BETA_JAVA9" patch that works with M5 ({{bug|486749}})
:: SWT: {{bug|398848}} [CBI] Please port pom build sections forward to master branch
+
* Have created a [https://hudson.eclipse.org/releng/ "Releng HIPP"] to help migrate away from "shell access" -- over time. (Tracked in {{bug|487044}}.)
:: Equinox launcher PPC: {{bug|398141}} Request to resume builds for gtk.linux.ppc (32-bit)
+
  
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
* Bug fixes on master and 3.8.2
 
* Progress on JSR 308
 
  
==== JDT Debug (Mike) ====
+
==== JDT Debug (Sarika) ====
* bug fixing / triage / reviews
+
* Java 9 Work
* Juno SR2 RC2 testing
+
* Neon M6 Bug fixing
* nothing else planned for 3.8.2 / 4.2.2
+
  
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
* bug fixing/reviews, vacation
 
  
==== PDE (Curtis) ====
+
==== PDE (Vikas) ====
 
+
* Neon M6 Bug fixing
* Nothing else planned for 3.8.2
+
** Waiting for tests to run on Mac (2 failures last week)
+
* Bug fixing
+
  
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
  
==== Equinox p2 (Ian Bull) ====
+
==== Equinox p2 (Pascal) ====
 
+
  
== January 16, 2013 ==
+
== January 27, 2016 ==
  
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
  
* Should we revisit our current practice of leaving failing tests in the build ({{bug|398159}}).
+
* What is the policy on increasing features versions that increase simply because they have a branding bundle? See {{bug|486616}} both for this question, as well as a "late report" on other bundles and features that may need to be "bumped" for Mars.2.
 +
* Neon M5 sign-off on Thursday
 +
* Mars.2 RC2 test pass on Thursday
 +
* PMC approval is needed for any change after Mars.2 RC2
  
 
=== Status ===
 
=== Status ===
  
==== Platform Workspace (Szymon) ====
+
==== Platform Resources (Szymon P) ====
 +
* Neon M5 testing
 +
* Can't join today due to conflicting meeting
  
==== Platform UI (Paul) ====
+
==== Platform UI (Lars) ====
  
 
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
 
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
* bug fixing
+
* Neon M5 Bug fixing and testing
  
==== Platform Debug (Mike / Pawel) ====
+
==== Platform Debug (Sarika) ====
* Getting ready to commit pin and clone feature: [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=145635 bug 145635- (Support for debug view pin & clone)]
+
* Neon M5 Bug fixing and testing
* Refactoring contribution for expressions view: [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=372181 bug 372181 (Working set support for Expressions View)]
+
  
==== Platform Ant (Mike) ====
+
==== Platform Ant (Sarika) ====
 +
* Neon M5 Bug fixing and testing
  
==== Platform SWT (Silenio) ====
+
==== Platform SWT (Arun) ====
* backported last planned fixes for 4.2.2
+
* GTK+ 3 work continuing
+
* various 4.3-stream fixes
+
  
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 
+
* Moved about 12 bugs "out" to future milestones. Most minor, a few "P2".  
* Working on Juno SR2 RC2
+
* Still plan to move to "released" version of CBI 1.1.3 for final M5 build {{bug|484495}}
: See [http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/platform-releng/buildSchedule.html| Build Schedule]: build today, test Thursday, sign-offs due Tues. End of next week (and the week after that) we will be "doubled up" on Juno SR2 and Kepler M5.  
+
* Working on getting CBI-based builds to run for Kepler. {{bug|398201}} is current "blocker".  After that, I'll work on getting unit tests to run against our CBI-based N-builds.
+
  
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
* Will not be able to attend the call today
+
* Neon M5 verification and testing
* One open item for 4.2.2 ({{Bug|395897}}, INDEX_LOCATION_ATTRIBUTE_NAME attribute value is ignored when the index is rebuilt)
+
* Bug fixes and inbox tracking
+
* Progress on Java 8 work
+
  
==== JDT Debug (Mike) ====
+
==== JDT Debug (Sarika) ====
 +
* Neon M5 Bug fixing and testing
  
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
* added quick fixes for "unused type parameter" problems
 
  
==== PDE (Curtis) ====
+
==== PDE (Vikas) ====
* Backported one more fix to 4.2.2 {{Bug|398235}}
+
** Classpath update job locks the workspace
+
** In 4.2.2 this only happens if system property "pde.lockWorkspaceForClasspath" is set to true
+
* Samples moved to PDE website
+
* Category xml editor now supports individual bundles for creating p2 repositories
+
* Community submitted improvements to the New Plug-in With Incremental Builder template
+
  
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
  
==== Equinox p2 (Ian Bull) ====
+
==== Equinox p2 (Pascal) ====
 
+
  
== January 9, 2013 ==
+
== January 20, 2016 ==
  
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
* Samples on welcome page no longer load (CVS shutdown), see {{Bug|396429}}
+
<ul>
** Should we remove the samples page entirely?
+
<li>ListenerList has been generified ({{bug|483340}}). ListenerList#getListeners() still returns Object[]. Clients should not only add type arguments to the ListenerList, but also convert usages of #getListeners() to an enhanced 'for' loop, thereby taking advantage of the type-safe #iterator().
** Dani: No. It was promised that read-only access stays. This includes anonymous HTTP for me ({{Bug|397237}}).
+
<ul><li>Old:<pre>
 +
Object[] listeners= fInputChangeListeners.getListeners();
 +
for (int i= 0; i < listeners.length; i++) {
 +
((IInputChangedListener) listeners[i]).inputChanged(fInput);
 +
}
 +
</pre></li>
 +
<li>New:<pre>
 +
for (IInputChangedListener listener : fInputChangeListeners) {
 +
listener.inputChanged(fInput);
 +
}
 +
</pre></li>
 +
<li>Regular expression to convert usages that followed the old recommendation:<pre>
 +
Search : Object\s*\[\]\s*(\w+)s\s*=\s*(\w+)\.getListeners\(\);\s*for\s*\(int\s*(\w+)\s*=\s*0;\s*\3\s*<\s*\1s\.length;\s*\3\+\+\)(\s*\{\s*)(?:\(\((\w+)\)\s*\1s\[\3\]\)|(\w+)\s*\1\s*=\s*\(\6\)\s*\1s\[\3\];\s*\1)\.([^}]+\})
 +
Replace: for (\5\6 \1 : \2)\4\1.\7
 +
</pre></li>
 +
</ul>
 +
<li>EventManager is a problem ({{bug|486067}}). I would deprecate it instead of trying to generify it. [Markus]</li>
 +
<li>Next week is Neon M5. The Bangalore team has a public holiday on Tuesday and will already test on Monday. Please don't release risky fixes on Monday, since we will have less cross-component test coverage for them.</li>
  
 
=== Status ===
 
=== Status ===
  
==== Platform Workspace (Szymon) ====
+
==== Platform Resources (Szymon P) ====
  
==== Platform UI (Paul) ====
+
==== Platform UI (Lars) ====
  
 
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
 
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
* bug fixing
 
  
==== Platform Debug (Mike / Pawel) ====
+
==== Platform Debug (Sarika) ====
* continued work on Pin / Clone [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=145635 bug 145635]
+
* Neon M5 Bug Fixing
* bug fixing / triage
+
  
==== Platform Ant (Mike) ====
+
==== Platform Ant (Sarika) ====
* bug fixing / triage
+
* Neon M5 Bug Fixing
  
==== Platform SWT (Silenio) ====
+
==== Platform SWT (Arun) ====
* beginning work on embedding CEF (Chromium Embedded Framework)
+
* beginning work on XULRunner 17 support
+
* continuing GTK+ 3 work
+
* continuing UIA work
+
* still have some fixes from 4.3.x to backport to 4.2.2
+
* vacation
+
  
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
  
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
* One open item for 4.2.2 ({{Bug|395897}}, INDEX_LOCATION_ATTRIBUTE_NAME attribute value is ignored when the index is rebuilt)
+
* 4.5.2 Bug verification and testing
* Progress on Java 8 work
+
* M5 Bug fixes
  
==== JDT Debug (Mike) ====
+
==== JDT Debug (Sarika) ====
* completed investigation of interrupting / stopping threads from the debug view - [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=392893 bug 392893]
+
* Neon M5 Bug Fixing
* continuing investigation of using JDT core evaluation code - [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=289798 bug 289798]
+
* started converting the inspect / evaluate actions to commands / handlers - [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=390869 bug 390869]
+
* bug fixing triage
+
  
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
* Javadoc view and hovers now show package docs from package-info.java and package.html
+
* Content Assist supports sub-string completion and proposals highlight the matching characters.
* Backported last fix for 4.2.2 ({{Bug|319054}}, New Java Project wizard can delete files when trying to use symlink in project path)
+
  
==== PDE (Curtis) ====
+
==== PDE (Vikas) ====
 
+
* Neon M5 Bug Fixing
* New API to contribute to the PDE required plug-ins classpath container {{Bug|363733}}
+
  
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
  
==== Equinox p2 (Ian Bull) ====
+
==== Equinox p2 (Pascal) ====
  
  
== January 2, 2013 ==
+
== January 6, 2016 ==
  
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 +
* Mars.2 RC1 next week (warm-up only - no test pass), see [https://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/development/plans/freeze_plan_4_5_2.php Eclipse Mars.2 (4.5.2) Endgame Plan] for details.
 +
* Dani: Happy New Year to everyone! Sorry, I can't join today due to a conflict.
  
 
=== Status ===
 
=== Status ===
  
==== Platform Workspace (Szymon) ====
+
==== Platform Resources (Szymon P) ====
  
==== Platform UI (Paul) ====
+
==== Platform UI (Lars) ====
  
 
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
 
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
  
==== Platform Debug (Mike / Pawel) ====
+
==== Platform Debug (Sarika) ====
 +
* Neon M6 bug fixing
  
==== Platform Ant (Mike) ====
+
==== Platform Ant (Sarika) ====
 +
* Mars.2 Ant upgrade to 1.9.6
  
==== Platform SWT (Silenio) ====
+
==== Platform SWT (Arun) ====
 +
* Neon M5 and 4.5.2 bug fixes and patch reviews
  
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
  
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
* Backporting verify error fixes complete
+
* Neon M6 bug fixes
* Progress on Java 8 work
+
* 4.5.2 back porting.
* Bug fixes and inbox tracking
+
  
==== JDT Debug (Mike) ====
+
==== JDT Debug (Sarika) ====
 +
* Neon M6 bug fixing
 +
* Mars.2 backporting
  
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
  
==== PDE (Curtis) ====
+
==== PDE (Vikas) ====
* API filters in projects will filter api use scan results ({{Bug|332772}})
+
  
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
  
==== Equinox p2 (Ian Bull) ====
+
==== Equinox p2 (Pascal) ====
  
 
== Archived Minutes ==  
 
== Archived Minutes ==  
  
[[Eclipse/Status_meetings/Minutes_2012|2012 Minutes]]
+
* [[Eclipse/Status_meetings/Minutes_2015|2015]]
 
+
* [[Eclipse/Status_meetings/Minutes_2014|2014]]
 +
* [[Eclipse/Status_meetings/Minutes_2013|2013]]
 +
* [[Eclipse/Status_meetings/Minutes_2012|2012]]
  
 
[[Category:Eclipse_Platform_Status_Meetings| ]][[Category:Eclipse]]
 
[[Category:Eclipse_Platform_Status_Meetings| ]][[Category:Eclipse]]
Line 1,003: Line 669:
  
 
<!-- Template for next week's status (add 7 days, then copy):
 
<!-- Template for next week's status (add 7 days, then copy):
== May 1, 2013 ==
+
== October 26, 2016 ==
  
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
  
 
=== Status ===
 
=== Status ===
 
+
==== Platform Resources (Szymon P) ====
==== Platform Workspace (Szymon) ====
+
==== Platform UI (Lars or Dani) ====
 
+
==== Platform Debug (Sarika) ====
==== Platform UI (Paul) ====
+
==== Platform Ant (Sarika) ====
 
+
==== Platform SWT (Arun) ====
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
+
==== Platform Releng (Sravan) ====
 
+
==== Platform Debug (Mike / Pawel) ====
+
 
+
==== Platform Ant (Mike) ====
+
 
+
==== Platform SWT (Silenio) ====
+
 
+
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
+
 
+
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 
+
==== JDT Debug (Sarika) ====
==== JDT Debug (Mike) ====
+
==== JDT UI (Noopur or Markus) ====
 
+
==== PDE (Vikas) ====
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
+
 
+
==== PDE (Curtis) ====
+
 
+
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 
==== Equinox p2 (Ian Bull) ====
 
 
-->
 
-->

Latest revision as of 15:09, 2 November 2016


November 2, 2016

Releng (Sravan and Markus)

October 26, 2016

Releng (Markus and Sravan)

September 21, 2016

Discussion/Reminders

  • [Markus] Component leads: Remind your committers and yourself about contribution quality. Eclipse is not your pet project, and there is no free quality control that fixes your bugs. I had to file tons of bugs just when going over the N&N.
    • N&N contributions reached an unacceptable low again. Read the instructions and follow them!

Status

Platform Resources (Szymon P)

Platform UI (Lars or Dani)

Platform Debug (Sarika)

Platform Ant (Sarika)

Platform SWT (Arun)

Platform Releng (Sravan)

JDT Core (Jay)

JDT Debug (Sarika)

JDT UI (Noopur or Markus)

PDE (Vikas)

Equinox (Tom Watson)

September 14, 2016

Discussion/Reminders

  • [Markus] Should we reopen R4_6_maintenance for 4.6.2? E.g. start updating the POMs next Wednesday and scheduling first M-build in 2 weeks?
    • Decision: Sravan plans to finish up our contribution for 4.6.1 next week. After that's done, he will open the bug for migrating the POM versions.

Status

Platform Resources (Szymon P)

Platform UI (Lars or Dani)

Platform Debug (Sarika)

Platform Ant (Sarika)

Platform SWT (Arun)

Platform Releng (Sravan)

JDT Core (Jay)

JDT Debug (Sarika)

JDT UI (Noopur or Markus)

PDE (Vikas)

Equinox (Tom Watson)

August 31, 2016

Discussion/Reminders

Status

Platform Resources (Szymon P)

Platform UI (Lars or Dani)

Platform Debug (Sarika)

Platform Ant (Sarika)

Platform SWT (Arun)

Platform Releng (Sravan)

JDT Core (Jay)

JDT Debug (Sarika)

JDT UI (Markus)

PDE (Vikas)

Equinox (Tom Watson)

August 17, 2016

Discussion/Reminders

Status

Platform Resources (Szymon P)

Platform UI (Lars or Dani)

Platform Debug (Sarika)

Platform Ant (Sarika)

Platform SWT (Arun)

  • 4.7 M2 and 4.6.1 bug fixes
  • Sorting out few build machine issues

Platform Releng (Sravan)

  • (Markus) Added API in bundle org.eclipse.test.performance to take a screenshot during a JUnit test:
org.eclipse.test.Screenshots#takeScreenshot(Class<?> testClass, String name)

JDT Core (Jay)

  • Checked and updated bundles whose version had to be updated for 4.6.1
  • Back porting bugs for 4.6.1

JDT Debug (Sarika)

JDT UI (Markus)

PDE (Vikas)

Equinox (Tom Watson)

August 3, 2016

Discussion/Reminders

Status

Platform Resources (Szymon P)

Platform UI (Lars or Dani)

Platform Debug (Sarika)

Platform Ant (Sarika)

Platform SWT (Arun)

Platform Releng (David)

  • Ready for M1?
  • e4Build id is no longer used.
  • all those e4Build cron jobs have been moved to Releng HIPP which will has an id of "genie.releng".
  • As previously announced ...

JDT Core (Jay)

JDT Debug (Sarika)

JDT UI (Markus)

PDE (Vikas)

Equinox (Tom Watson)

Equinox p2 (Pascal)

June 8 – July 27, 2016

Discussion/Reminders

* please send your top plan items for Oxygen (4.7) to eclipse-dev

  • no further status calls till end of July, but please watch or check this page for important notifications
  • if you have major status updates, please still post them here or to eclipse-dev
  • master is open for Oxygen (4.7) contributions
    • I-builds for Oxygen will only start after Neon has been declared
    • do not update parent POM versions (but do update the bundle versions according to Version Numbering)
    • do not create R4_6_maintenance at this point
    • if we need a rebuild for certain bundles, we will create an R4_6_maintenance branch for that repo and build from there

Status

  • no changes planned for Neon on top of 4.6 RC4a


May 25, 2016

Discussion/Reminders

  • Copyright years don't need to be updated any more, see bug 485257 comment 17.
    • The year of creation is still mandatory, but the ", <modificationYear>" can be omitted or left as is.

Status

Platform Resources (Szymon P)

Platform UI (Lars or Dani)

Platform Debug (Sarika)

Platform Ant (Sarika)

Platform SWT (Arun)

Platform Releng (David)

JDT Core (Jay)

JDT Debug (Sarika)

JDT UI (Markus)

PDE (Vikas)

Equinox (Tom Watson)

Equinox p2 (Pascal)

April 27, 2016

Discussion/Reminders

  • Should we shift schedule due to issues getting a "good I-build" on Tuesday? If so, half a day? A whole day?
  • Two changes made to Platform Hipp
- Have changed parent pom to use I-builds for "build-individual-bundles".
- Have changed Platform Hipp so that all the jobs there will use the "Eclipse mirror of maven central" bug 492502
  • During RC period, we only do I-builds, no N-builds. But, I do not recall, does that start "right after M7" or does that start "right after RC1"? (I'd recommend "right after M7", but thought it deserved discussion.)
- Dani: after M7
- Next Monday and Tuesday are test days. Component leads make sure to have a test plan that covers all Neon work.

Status

Platform Resources (Szymon P)

Platform UI (Lars or Dani)

Platform Debug (Sarika)

Platform Ant (Sarika)

Platform SWT (Arun)

Platform Releng (David)

JDT Core (Jay)

JDT Debug (Sarika)

JDT UI (Markus)

PDE (Vikas)

Equinox (Tom Watson)

Equinox p2 (Pascal)

April 13, 2016

Discussion/Reminders

Status

Platform Resources (Szymon P)

Platform UI (Lars or Dani)

Platform Debug (Sarika)

Platform Ant (Sarika)

Platform SWT (Arun)

  • M7 bug fixes

Platform Releng (David)

JDT Core (Jay)

JDT Debug (Sarika)

JDT UI (Markus)

PDE (Vikas)

Equinox (Tom Watson)

Equinox p2 (Pascal)

March 23, 2016

Discussion/Reminders

Status

Platform Resources (Szymon P)

Platform UI (Lars or Dani)

Platform Debug (Sarika)

Platform Ant (Sarika)

Platform SWT (Arun)

  • M6 verification
  • M7 bug fixes and patch reviews

Platform Releng (David)

JDT Core (Jay)

  • M6 bug fixes
  • Java 9 work

JDT Debug (Sarika)

JDT UI (Markus)

PDE (Vikas)

Equinox (Tom Watson)

Equinox p2 (Pascal)

March 16, 2016

Discussion/Reminders

  • [Markus] bug 477575: As standard procedure, switch "gerrit build reference" to I-build during milestones
    • As we had to learn in bug 489493 comment 5, this is really necessary, because the absence of N-builds can break Gerrit jobs.
  • [Syzmon/Markus] The milestone week is a lockdown week, where we only push fixes for regressions or major problems, but not regular feature work. Component leads must monitor their repositories and remind misbehaving committers. Every committer can and should revert commits that violate the rules.

Status

Platform Resources (Szymon P)

Platform UI (Lars or Dani)

Platform Debug (Sarika)

Platform Ant (Sarika)

Platform SWT (Arun)

  • preliminary HiDPI support has been released for Win32 and GTK

Platform Releng (David)

JDT Core (Jay)

JDT Debug (Sarika)

JDT UI (Markus)

PDE (Vikas)

  • M6 bugs

Equinox (Tom Watson)

Equinox p2 (Pascal)

March 2, 2016

Discussion/Reminders

  • Are we meeting next week?
Yes, will still have the time reserved, even though several of us can not make the call.
  • bug 488787 Do we want an official update site with patched feature for 4.5.2 stream?
Will have one "ready", but just note it in bug, not automatic update, not widely advertised, since effects only a special case.
  • bug 179924 Do we want to introduce "JDK internals" (via 3rd party bundles)?
Will continue "holding" until we hear from developer of those 3rd party bundles.
  • bug 488667 Do we want to continue testing "delta pack"?
David to work with Vikas to create the delta pack during tests (just as we tell users they can do, if they want to continue using it).

Status

Platform Resources (Szymon P)

Platform UI (Lars or Dani)

Platform Debug (Sarika)

Platform Ant (Sarika)

Platform SWT (Arun)

Platform Releng (David)

JDT Core (Jay)

JDT Debug (Sarika)

JDT UI (Markus)

PDE (Vikas)

  • 4.6 M6 bug fixing & reviews

Equinox (Tom Watson)

Equinox p2 (Pascal)

February 24, 2016

Discussion/Reminders

Status

Platform Resources (Szymon P)

  • 4.6 M6 bug fixing.
  • Working on the integration with ssh-agents - bug 179924.

Platform UI (Lars or Dani)

Platform Debug (Sarika)

Platform Ant (Sarika)

Platform SWT (Arun)

  • Neon M6 bug fixes
  • Patch reviews

Platform Releng (David)

JDT Core (Jay)

JDT Debug (Sarika)

JDT UI (Markus)

PDE (Vikas)

  • 4.6 M6 bug fixing.

Equinox (Tom Watson)

Equinox p2 (Pascal)

February 17, 2016

Discussion/Reminders

Status

Platform Resources (Szymon P)

Platform UI (Lars or Dani)

Platform Debug (Sarika)

Platform Ant (Sarika)

Platform SWT (Arun)

  • Neon M6 bug fixes
  • Fixed a regression in 4.5.2 for RC4 (Bug 487687)

Platform Releng (David)

JDT Core (Jay)

JDT Debug (Sarika)

JDT UI (Markus)

PDE (Vikas)

  • Neon M6 bug fixes

Equinox (Tom Watson)

Equinox p2 (Pascal)

February 10, 2016

Discussion/Reminders

  • Should we adapt this template to reflect Platform Text and UI merge?

Status

Platform Resources (Szymon P)

  • Two previously rejected CQs for JNA are now approved by EMO under the new version of the IP Policy. Waiting for the guidance how to proceed with this further to finish the integration with ssh-agents - bug 179924.

Platform UI (Lars)

Platform Text (Dani)

Platform Debug (Sarika)

  • Neon M6 Bug Fixing

Platform Ant (Sarika)

Platform SWT (Arun)

  • Neon M6 bug fixes including HiDPI work in progress
  • Patch reviews
  • SWT updated to require Java 7 Bug 483635

Platform Releng (David)

  • ICU4J was upgraded to 56.1 (bug 482922) Those that know other languages (and/or how to test them) might kick the tires a little to make sure the bundle was correctly assembled in Orbit.
  • Added a new version of javax.annotation that "requires system.bundle". 2/10 Nighly will be the first build that it is in. No adverse effects expected ... but ... you never know. (bug 462686)
  • Cross-project work:
- Finished build of "Repo Tests and Reports" (bug 467449)
- Proposed they move to CBI project (bug 487535)
- Made first-draft build of b3 Aggregator Editor (bug 487478)
- Proposed it move to CBI project (bug 487543)

JDT Core (Jay)

JDT Debug (Sarika)

  • Neon M6 Bug Fixing
  • Java 9 work

JDT UI (Markus)

PDE (Vikas)

  • Neon M6 Bug Fixing

Equinox (Tom Watson)

Equinox p2 (Pascal)

February 3, 2016

Discussion/Reminders

  • Neon
  • The deadline to submit CQs for Neon is February 12, 2016. Make sure to specify that the CQ is required for Neon.
  • M6 is the API freeze milestone - make sure to address bugs that require API changes by then.
  • Is the Platform ready for "equinox.bidi 1.0"? See bug 487047#c3
- Some manifests and features will need to be adjusted, so needs to be coordinated.
- And does the equinox.bidi bundle need work to "declare API"? Such as update @since tags?
The decision was "yes", can bump up to 1.0. Tom was to open a bug to cover the work and the coordination, but turned out there was one left over from Juno! (bug 380397)
And, I learned, @since tags are not needed for version 1.0, since that is implied. But, as Markus said, we will need to check to be sure its Javadoc is included in our documentation bundles.
  • Mars
  • Wednesday's 10 AM (Eastern) M-build is our Mars.2 RC3 candidate build -- and ideally our last for Mars.2.
- Please triage "4.5.2/Mars.2" bugs.
  • Thursday is a one-day test pass against Mars.2 (4.5.2) RC3
  • There will be no RC4 scheduled. We will build RC4 "upon request" as soon as all approvals/reviews are done.
- But 2/12 is last chance for us to contribute a "final build" to Sim. Release without disrupting schedules.

Status

Platform Resources (Szymon P)

  • 4.5.2 testing

Platform UI (Lars)

Platform Text (Dani)

Platform Debug (Sarika)

  • Neon M6 Bug fixing

Platform Ant (Sarika)

  • Neon M6 Bug fixing

Platform SWT (Arun)

  • Neon M5 and Mars.2 RC2 testing
  • Neon M6 bug fixes including HiDPI work in progress

Platform Releng (David)

  • Working on improving and automating "repository checker" (such as for "version checking", and similar quality checks).
  • Built "BETA_JAVA9" patch that works with M5 (bug 486749)
  • Have created a "Releng HIPP" to help migrate away from "shell access" -- over time. (Tracked in bug 487044.)

JDT Core (Jay)

JDT Debug (Sarika)

  • Java 9 Work
  • Neon M6 Bug fixing

JDT UI (Markus)

PDE (Vikas)

  • Neon M6 Bug fixing

Equinox (Tom Watson)

Equinox p2 (Pascal)

January 27, 2016

Discussion/Reminders

  • What is the policy on increasing features versions that increase simply because they have a branding bundle? See bug 486616 both for this question, as well as a "late report" on other bundles and features that may need to be "bumped" for Mars.2.
  • Neon M5 sign-off on Thursday
  • Mars.2 RC2 test pass on Thursday
  • PMC approval is needed for any change after Mars.2 RC2

Status

Platform Resources (Szymon P)

  • Neon M5 testing
  • Can't join today due to conflicting meeting

Platform UI (Lars)

Platform Text (Dani)

  • Neon M5 Bug fixing and testing

Platform Debug (Sarika)

  • Neon M5 Bug fixing and testing

Platform Ant (Sarika)

  • Neon M5 Bug fixing and testing

Platform SWT (Arun)

Platform Releng (David)

  • Moved about 12 bugs "out" to future milestones. Most minor, a few "P2".
  • Still plan to move to "released" version of CBI 1.1.3 for final M5 build bug 484495

JDT Core (Jay)

  • Neon M5 verification and testing

JDT Debug (Sarika)

  • Neon M5 Bug fixing and testing

JDT UI (Markus)

PDE (Vikas)

Equinox (Tom Watson)

Equinox p2 (Pascal)

January 20, 2016

Discussion/Reminders

  • ListenerList has been generified (bug 483340). ListenerList#getListeners() still returns Object[]. Clients should not only add type arguments to the ListenerList, but also convert usages of #getListeners() to an enhanced 'for' loop, thereby taking advantage of the type-safe #iterator().
    • Old:
      		Object[] listeners= fInputChangeListeners.getListeners();
      		for (int i= 0; i < listeners.length; i++) {
      			((IInputChangedListener) listeners[i]).inputChanged(fInput);
      		}
      
    • New:
      		for (IInputChangedListener listener : fInputChangeListeners) {
      			listener.inputChanged(fInput);
      		}
      
    • Regular expression to convert usages that followed the old recommendation:
       Search : Object\s*\[\]\s*(\w+)s\s*=\s*(\w+)\.getListeners\(\);\s*for\s*\(int\s*(\w+)\s*=\s*0;\s*\3\s*<\s*\1s\.length;\s*\3\+\+\)(\s*\{\s*)(?:\(\((\w+)\)\s*\1s\[\3\]\)|(\w+)\s*\1\s*=\s*\(\6\)\s*\1s\[\3\];\s*\1)\.([^}]+\})
       Replace: for (\5\6 \1 : \2)\4\1.\7
      
  • EventManager is a problem (bug 486067). I would deprecate it instead of trying to generify it. [Markus]
  • Next week is Neon M5. The Bangalore team has a public holiday on Tuesday and will already test on Monday. Please don't release risky fixes on Monday, since we will have less cross-component test coverage for them.
  • Status

    Platform Resources (Szymon P)

    Platform UI (Lars)

    Platform Text (Dani)

    Platform Debug (Sarika)

    • Neon M5 Bug Fixing

    Platform Ant (Sarika)

    • Neon M5 Bug Fixing

    Platform SWT (Arun)

    Platform Releng (David)

    JDT Core (Jay)

    • 4.5.2 Bug verification and testing
    • M5 Bug fixes

    JDT Debug (Sarika)

    • Neon M5 Bug Fixing

    JDT UI (Markus)

    • Content Assist supports sub-string completion and proposals highlight the matching characters.

    PDE (Vikas)

    • Neon M5 Bug Fixing

    Equinox (Tom Watson)

    Equinox p2 (Pascal)

    January 6, 2016

    Discussion/Reminders

    • Mars.2 RC1 next week (warm-up only - no test pass), see Eclipse Mars.2 (4.5.2) Endgame Plan for details.
    • Dani: Happy New Year to everyone! Sorry, I can't join today due to a conflict.

    Status

    Platform Resources (Szymon P)

    Platform UI (Lars)

    Platform Text (Dani)

    Platform Debug (Sarika)

    • Neon M6 bug fixing

    Platform Ant (Sarika)

    • Mars.2 Ant upgrade to 1.9.6

    Platform SWT (Arun)

    • Neon M5 and 4.5.2 bug fixes and patch reviews

    Platform Releng (David)

    JDT Core (Jay)

    • Neon M6 bug fixes
    • 4.5.2 back porting.

    JDT Debug (Sarika)

    • Neon M6 bug fixing
    • Mars.2 backporting

    JDT UI (Markus)

    PDE (Vikas)

    Equinox (Tom Watson)

    Equinox p2 (Pascal)

    Archived Minutes