Difference between revisions of "Eclipse/Status meetings/Minutes"

From Eclipsepedia

Jump to: navigation, search
(JDT Core (Jay))
(Platform SWT (Arun))
 
(409 intermediate revisions by 18 users not shown)
Line 2: Line 2:
  
 
<!-- Hint: Copy the empty template for the next week from the very end of this edit box. -->
 
<!-- Hint: Copy the empty template for the next week from the very end of this edit box. -->
 
+
== April 16, 2014 ==
== February 13, 2013 ==
+
  
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 +
 +
* [dw] We need "semi-coordinated" change for {{Bug|431273}} - react to change in EUA
 +
: After much "debugging", my recommendation is to do global change of 
 +
license-feature-version="1.0.0.qualifier"
 +
to
 +
license-feature-version="0.0.0"
 +
: Can we say "do by Thursday afternoon"? That'd give time for some test builds, and "recovery" on Friday, if needed, for any that are missed?
  
 
=== Status ===
 
=== Status ===
  
==== Platform Workspace (Szymon) ====
+
==== Platform Workspace (Szymon P) ====
 +
* Polishing Java 7 filesystem fragment
 +
* Bug fixing for M7
  
 
==== Platform UI (Paul) ====
 
==== Platform UI (Paul) ====
  
 
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
 
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
* adopted SWT#COLOR_LINK_FOREGROUND in textual editors
+
* protected content assist from bad proposals (contributed by Terry Parker)
  
==== Platform Debug (Mike / Pawel) ====
+
==== Platform Debug (Sarika) ====
* bug fixing / triage
+
* M7 bug fixes
* continued evaluation of pin and clone - [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=145635 bug 145635]
+
* reverted fix for [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=156134 bug 156134] - caused way more breakage than imagined
+
  
 
==== Platform Ant (Mike) ====
 
==== Platform Ant (Mike) ====
*bug triage
 
  
==== Platform SWT (Silenio) ====
+
==== Platform SWT (Arun) ====
* investigating various accessibility bugs
+
* M7 bug fixing, patch reviews and inbox tracking
* CEF3 work continuing, and CQ logged
+
* XULRunner 17 work continuing
+
  
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 +
 +
* Ready to git rid of last "master feature" {{bug|406825}}
 +
: And as part of that, plan to move and simplify "repository" module {{bug|432776}}
 +
 +
* My view of next priorities:
 +
: * Need to focus on fixing several "graphics issues" {{bug|426260}}
 +
: * Need to focus on fixing several "test framework" issues, such as {{bug|431703}} and others.
 +
: * Need to sort out "configuration features" and executables so "eclipse" is not "installed twice" {{bug|432379}}
 +
: (all of which means "performance tests" is getting lower on high priority items, for M7)
  
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
* Inbox tracking
+
* M7 bug fixes and Java 8 maintenance fixes
* Progress on JSR 335 and 308
+
* Going over the open bugs for potential API candidates
+
  
==== JDT Debug (Mike) ====
+
==== JDT Debug (Sarika) ====
*bug fixing / triage
+
* M7 bug fixes
 +
* Java 8 bug analysis
  
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
* removed org.junit4 and org.junit version 3.x; fixed failing tests
 
* fixes in Eclipse JUnit view for re-running tests with names containing spaces
 
* fixed Javadoc view/hover for multi-line {@link ...} and @see <a href=...> tags
 
* reviews for jsr308 changes and for bidi APIs
 
* bug fixing/reviews
 
  
 
==== PDE (Curtis) ====
 
==== PDE (Curtis) ====
* API Tools Analysis scans can now run on bundles with an incomplete hierarchy (ant tasks only)
 
* Improving tests (DNF from Bug 399995, excess console output, transient failures)
 
* CBI build test failures for PDE indicate an incomplete target platform (missing doc/source bundles?)
 
  
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
Line 55: Line 58:
 
==== Equinox p2 (Ian Bull) ====
 
==== Equinox p2 (Ian Bull) ====
  
 +
== April 09, 2014 ==
  
== February 6, 2013 ==
+
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 +
 
 +
=== Status ===
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Workspace (Szymon P) ====
 +
* M7 bug fixing and inbox tracking
 +
 
 +
==== Platform UI (Paul) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Debug (Sarika) ====
 +
* Bug fixing for M7
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Ant (Mike) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Platform SWT (Arun) ====
 +
* M7 bug fixing, patch reviews and inbox tracking
 +
* {{bug|431711}} - bug to update list of supported platforms for Luna
 +
* working on enabling SWT/Eclipse port to new PPC platform - ppc64le
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 +
 
 +
* Can't attend this meeting, due to conflict with Tools PMC meeting.
 +
* As agreed at last status meeting, I opened a bug for Mars: {{bug|432003}} - Refine and Redefine our Features
 +
:: Ideally this work would start during Luna RC period (conceptually, if not "in a branch") so we could get many "restructuring" changes in Mars M1.
 +
* Added new "third party" stuff:
 +
:: * ICU4J 52.1 {{bug|429660}}
 +
:: * org.objectweb.asm (restructured into 6 pieces) {{bug|431820}}
 +
:: * "warmup" version of ECF {{bug|429930}}
 +
 
 +
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 +
* Luna M7 bug fixes
 +
* Backported to R3_6_maintenance and R3_6_maintenance_Java7 - {{bug|410207}}
 +
 
 +
==== JDT Debug (Sarika) ====
 +
* Bug fixing for M7
 +
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
 +
 
 +
==== PDE (Vikas) ====
 +
* Java 8 items for M7 (method reference, default method and lambda expression)
 +
* bug fixes for M7
 +
 
 +
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Equinox p2 (Ian Bull) ====
 +
 
 +
== April 02, 2014 ==
  
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
  
* Discuss how and when to tag SR2. See {{Bug|400102}} - Tag Juno SR2 Release
+
* [dw] Should we deprecate org.eclipse.core.runtime.feature? No one uses it (except "equinox SDK "product").
* Sign-offs needed for Juno SR2. See {{Bug|400107}} - Declare Juno SR2 RC4
+
** The feature was initially requested via {{bug|329722}}
* Reminder that [http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/eclipse.org-committers/msg00901.html eclipse.org is offline] this weekend (2/8-2/9).
+
** [dw] As agreed at status meeting, I opened a bug for Mars: {{bug|432003}} - Refine and Redefine our Features
 +
* [dw] We are exposed to losing "webstart function" on recent version of Java 7 (and 8). See {{bug|421294}}. Should it be marked "helpwanted" ... deprecated? ... removed? ... seems no one has expertise to fix it? (And, from reading the some of the "work arounds" people have come up with, sounds pretty complicated to fix ... (might require users to have access to unsigned bundles, which they'd have to sign themselves? But, I could be mis-interpreting the "work arounds".)
 +
* [Dani] The Eclipse Foundation [http://eclipse.org/org/press-release/20140402_eclipse_foundation_announces_java8_support.php announced Java™ 8 support today]
  
 
=== Status ===
 
=== Status ===
  
==== Platform Workspace (Szymon) ====
+
==== Platform Workspace (Szymon P) ====
 +
* {{bug|380325}} Release jdk7 filesystem fragment providing Java 7 NIO2 support
  
 
==== Platform UI (Paul) ====
 
==== Platform UI (Paul) ====
  
 
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
 
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
* full day test pass against RC3
 
* shipped 4.3 M5 (test pass, N&N)
 
* bug fixing/reviews
 
  
==== Platform Debug (Mike / Pawel) ====
+
==== Platform Debug (Mike) ====
  
 
==== Platform Ant (Mike) ====
 
==== Platform Ant (Mike) ====
  
==== Platform SWT (Silenio) ====
+
==== Platform SWT (Arun) ====
* lots of testing
+
* M7 bug fixing, patch reviews and inbox tracking
* CEF3 work continuing
+
* GTK3 work continuing
+
* various 4.3-stream fixing
+
  
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
  
* Juno SR2
+
* {{bug|431478}} added "stats" to Java 8 patch downloads. (1711, since Saturday ... missed "first 10 days" it was released.)
* Kepler M5a
+
:: Anything else we should gather stats on (from p2 repo)?
* CBI builds
+
* {{bug|431540}} moved some of our "post-build" processing into the build-proper, as it should be. (still lots more could be done).
: have been focusing on mechanics of automating builds, promotion, unit tests.  
+
* Working on improving "test framework" so we can have accurately labeled (and variable number of) VM's and architectures for testing a given build.
: have not looked (too much) at "correctness" yet.
+
:: My hope is for Nightlies, we would use Java 8, for Linux, Java 7 for Windows and Mac.
 +
:: (Mac has been updated to "1.7 update 51", still need to do for Windows).
 +
:: But, for I-builds, would be nice do 6 tests, 3 "platforms" times 2 VMs -- or is that overkill?
 +
* need to move "orbit build" to Hudson HIPP instance [though, will still be same script/PDE based build].
 +
* (still) need to investigate/plan for performance tests.
 +
* (still) need to get "releng tests" back in build, and tests -- such as count number of features and bundles in repository and compare with expected number.
  
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
* Test pass RC3
+
* Bug fixes for M7
* 4.3 M5 testing and bug verification
+
* Cherry-picking commits from master to BETA_JAVA8
+
* Progress on JSR 308 and JSR 335
+
  
 
==== JDT Debug (Mike) ====
 
==== JDT Debug (Mike) ====
  
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
* full day test pass against RC
 
* shipped 4.3 M5 (test pass, N&N)
 
* prepared JDT UI for removal of org.junit4 and org.junit version 3.x (org.junit version 4.x will be used for JUnit 3 and JUnit 4 tests)
 
* Javadoc hover/view now also show packages as links
 
* working on improved if-else closing bracket hover
 
* bug fixing/reviews
 
  
 
==== PDE (Curtis) ====
 
==== PDE (Curtis) ====
 
* 4.2.2 RC3 / 4.3 M5 testing
 
* Improvements to API Tools ant tasks (report resolver errors, report missing filter files)
 
* Fixing tests, still some intermittent failures
 
  
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
Line 119: Line 159:
 
==== Equinox p2 (Ian Bull) ====
 
==== Equinox p2 (Ian Bull) ====
  
 
+
== March 26, 2014 ==
== January 30, 2013 ==
+
  
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
  
* What's our standard for java source code encoding? Join the fun discussion in ...
+
=== Status ===
:* {{bug|399441}} - [CBI] Warnings about UTF-8
+
:* {{bug|399451}} - Some projects have incorrect encoding set
+
  
* Proposed Plan for RC3/M5/RC4
+
==== Platform Workspace (Szymon P) ====
:* Last scheduled M5 build tonight, 8 PM, sign-off tomorrow, contribute Friday
+
 
:* If that final build goes well (and no need for Thursday respin of M5) then we'll respin RC3 on Thursday with the known bugs fixes.
+
==== Platform UI (Paul) ====
::* What are those bugs again?
+
 
::* Will schedule 3.8.x for 8 AM Thursday and 4.2.x 10 AM Thursday (Eastern), but will 'pull plug' if problems with M5
+
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
::* sign-off RC3 tomorrow, contribute RC3 on Friday
+
 
:* I believe some bugs are still planned for RC4? Should those builds be "on demand", once PMC approval is given? Final RC4 build on Wednesday?
+
==== Platform Debug (Mike) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Ant (Mike) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Platform SWT (Arun) ====
 +
* M7 bug fixing and inbox tracking
 +
* Update the supported versions page? - http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?projectid=eclipse#target_environments
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 +
 
 +
* {{bug|429406}} - Remember to "turn on" API change-check in post M6 builds
 +
 
 +
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 +
* Java 8 GA announced
 +
* Working on bug fixes for Luna and Java 8
 +
 
 +
==== JDT Debug (Mike) ====
 +
 
 +
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
 +
* Java 8 GA announced
 +
* Working on bug fixes for Luna and Java 8
 +
* Fixed {{bug|399391}} on bugs.eclipse.org: Diff for Git patches drops file path after first space
 +
 
 +
==== PDE (Curtis) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Equinox p2 (Ian Bull) ====
 +
 
 +
== March 19, 2014 ==
 +
 
 +
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
  
 
=== Status ===
 
=== Status ===
  
==== Platform Workspace (Szymon) ====
+
==== Platform Workspace (Szymon P) ====
* investigating/fixing failing tests
+
* {{bug|380325}} Release jdk7 filesystem fragment providing Java 7 NIO2 support
* testing
+
  
 
==== Platform UI (Paul) ====
 
==== Platform UI (Paul) ====
  
 
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
 
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
* full day test pass against Juno SR2 RC3: no issue found
 
* full day test pass against Kepler M5: no issue found
 
* bug fixing
 
  
==== Platform Debug (Mike / Pawel) ====
+
==== Platform Debug (Mike) ====
*Juno SR2 RC3 test pass
+
** found [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=399423 bug 399423], considering for RC4
+
* Kepler M5 test pass
+
* bug fixing / triage
+
  
 
==== Platform Ant (Mike) ====
 
==== Platform Ant (Mike) ====
*Juno SR2 RC3 test pass
 
* Kepler M5 test pass
 
* bug fixing / triage
 
  
==== Platform SWT (Silenio) ====
+
==== Platform SWT (Arun) ====
* 4.2.2RC3/3.8.2RC3 testing
+
* M7 bug fixing and inbox tracking
* identified regression, back-ported fix to 4.2.2/3.8.2 stream, but not yet included in any builds: Bug 398711 (win32)NPE in AbstractTreeViewer.getSelection trying to select non-expanded nodes
+
* {{bug|412589}} API addition possible post M6?
* continuing GTK+ 3 work
+
* continuing XULRunner 17 work
+
* revisiting embedding of Chromium Embedded Framework
+
* committing CBI patches to 4.3 stream
+
* 4.3-stream bug fixing, including: Bug 395169 (win32)Table contents disappear when scrolling horizontally)
+
  
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
  
* Juno SR2
+
* Nice to be going back to 2 builds types, instead of 5!
* Kepler M5
+
* CBI builds
+
  
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
* 4.2.2 RC3 test pass - no issues found
+
Java 8 release finishing touches ({{bug|428468}})
* 4.3 M5 test pass - no issues found
+
* Progress on Java 8 work
+
  
 
==== JDT Debug (Mike) ====
 
==== JDT Debug (Mike) ====
*Juno SR2 RC3 test pass
 
* Kepler M5 test pass
 
* investigating mass test failures: [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=399373 bug 399373]
 
* bug fixing / triage
 
  
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
* full day test pass against Juno SR2 RC3: no issue found
+
* Java 8 release finishing touches - shipped first official Eclipse support for Java 8 yesterday
* full day test pass against Kepler M5: 1 minor issue found and fixed
+
* Fixed problems with rendering of lambda elements, presenting them in the type hierarchy, and method override computation.
* bug fixing
+
  
 
==== PDE (Curtis) ====
 
==== PDE (Curtis) ====
 
* 4.2.2 RC3 / 4.3 M5 testing
 
* Improvements to API Tools ant tasks (report resolver errors, report missing filter files)
 
* Fixing tests, still some intermittent failures
 
  
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
Line 201: Line 240:
 
==== Equinox p2 (Ian Bull) ====
 
==== Equinox p2 (Ian Bull) ====
  
 
+
== March 12, 2014 ==
== January 23, 2013 ==
+
  
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
  
* [davidw] Reminder there are two M-builds this week. Today's, and again Friday. With Friday being the "official" one for Juno SR2 RC3. Which we would like to be the final one for Juno SR2 ... though, for emergencies/blockers there is always RC4? (Recall, we are trying to finish "early" since next week is Kepler M5 stabilization week).
+
[David] Reminder: still need some triage on [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/report.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&classification=Eclipse&classification=RT&product=Equinox&product=JDT&product=PDE&product=Platform&target_milestone=4.4%20M1&target_milestone=4.4%20M2&target_milestone=4.4%20M3&target_milestone=4.4%20M4&target_milestone=4.4%20M5&target_milestone=4.4%20M6&target_milestone=Luna%20M1&target_milestone=Luna%20M2&target_milestone=Luna%20M3&target_milestone=Luna%20M4&target_milestone=Luna%20M5&target_milestone=Luna%20M6&x_axis_field=bug_severity&y_axis_field=component&format=table&action=wrap&saved_report_id=12 open M6 bugs].
  
 
=== Status ===
 
=== Status ===
  
==== Platform Workspace (Szymon) ====
+
==== Platform Workspace (Szymon P) ====
* bug fixing, testing
+
* {{bug|380325}} Release jdk7 filesystem fragment providing Java 7 NIO2 support
* can we add 3.8.2+/4.2.2+ target to Bugzilla?
+
* Szymon will not join today's call :|
+
  
 
==== Platform UI (Paul) ====
 
==== Platform UI (Paul) ====
  
 
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
 
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
* bug fixing/reviews, vacation
 
* test pass for Juno SR2 RC2
 
  
==== Platform Debug (Mike / Pawel) ====
+
==== Platform Debug (Mike) ====
* bug fixing / triage / reviews
+
* Juno SR2 RC2 testing
+
* nothing else planned for 3.8.2 / 4.2.2
+
* kicking the tires of [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=145635 bug 145635] for inclusion in 4.3M5
+
  
 
==== Platform Ant (Mike) ====
 
==== Platform Ant (Mike) ====
* bug triage
 
* Juno SR2 RC2 testing
 
* nothing else planned for 3.8.2 / 4.2.2
 
  
==== Platform SWT (Silenio) ====
+
==== Platform SWT (Arun) ====
* one fix submitted for 4.2.2RC3: Bug 398386 - Tooltips appearing randomly
+
* continuing GTK+ 3 work
+
* continuing XULRunner 17 work
+
* Linux-PPC32 resurrected as a supported platform
+
* various 4.3-stream bug fixes
+
  
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
  
* Good progress on CBI-based Kepler builds (no more "blockers", once I moved up to JDK 1.7.0_11 instead of 1.7.0!)  
+
* [Can not attend this status meeting, due to conflicting meeting.]
: Not "urgent", but "this week" would be good for two CBI related fixes for Kepler:
+
* Working on Java 8 builds and tests. Especially "finishing touches".
:: SWT: {{bug|398848}} [CBI] Please port pom build sections forward to master branch
+
:* Set up Unit tests to run with Java 8, version _51 (the one with new "security restrictions")
:: Equinox launcher PPC: {{bug|398141}} Request to resume builds for gtk.linux.ppc (32-bit)
+
:* Which also requires fixes to "test and reporting" framework {{bug|390986}}.
 +
:* Who can work on "web start" problem? {{bug|421294}} -- or, we'll have to live with "loss of function" with newest JREs.
 +
* Need to figure out (remember?) how to turn on "Post M6 API checks" {{bug|429406}}
 +
* Still, sigh, working on new "images and logo". {{bug|426260}}
 +
:* Planning to "remove" or "convert" many GIF images, and use PNG format instead. See {{bug|424916}}.  
 +
:: In other words, speak up quick if you know of a reason not to!
 +
* Next priority (still) is to get "performance test example" running.
 +
:* But, will still need "backend data base", and
 +
:* Resurrect the "Performance UI" (or, what ever it was that produces the reams of pictures and statistics).
  
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
* Bug fixes on master and 3.8.2
 
* Progress on JSR 308
 
  
 
==== JDT Debug (Mike) ====
 
==== JDT Debug (Mike) ====
* bug fixing / triage / reviews
 
* Juno SR2 RC2 testing
 
* nothing else planned for 3.8.2 / 4.2.2
 
  
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
* bug fixing/reviews, vacation
 
  
 
==== PDE (Curtis) ====
 
==== PDE (Curtis) ====
  
* Nothing else planned for 3.8.2
+
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
** Waiting for tests to run on Mac (2 failures last week)
+
 
* Bug fixing
+
==== Equinox p2 (Ian Bull) ====
 +
 
 +
 
 +
== March 05, 2014 ==
 +
 
 +
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 +
* [Dani] Component leads, please tag Luna SR2 (4.3.2) with 'R4_3_2' by Friday. For details see [https://bugs.eclipse.org/428090 bug 428090].
 +
* [Szymon] How to avoid spam in Gerrit? For details see {{bug|429647}}.
 +
* [David] Proposal on how to handle "Solaris x86_64 contribution" ... read it and comment in {{bug|429343}}.
 +
 
 +
=== Status ===
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Workspace (Szymon P) ====
 +
* M6 testing and bug verification
 +
* M7 planning
 +
 
 +
==== Platform UI (Paul) ====
 +
* Still looking at https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=429579
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Debug (Mike) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Ant (Mike) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Platform SWT (Arun) ====
 +
* M6 testing and bug verification
 +
* Inbox tracking and M7 planning
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 +
 +
* Investigating Kepler SR2 and Luna (mysterious) p2-update bug on Windows: {{bug|427148}}
 +
* Learning/fixing "delta-pack"
 +
* About to start focusing on "BETA_JAVA8" testing
 +
 
 +
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 +
* Java 8 bug fixes
 +
* Luna M6 bug fixes and testing/bug-verification
 +
 
 +
==== JDT Debug (Mike) ====
 +
 
 +
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
 +
 
 +
==== PDE (Curtis) ====
  
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
Line 268: Line 335:
 
==== Equinox p2 (Ian Bull) ====
 
==== Equinox p2 (Ian Bull) ====
  
 +
== February 26, 2014 ==
  
== January 16, 2013 ==
+
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 +
 
 +
* (dw) should we re-spin weekly I-build to get fix for {{bug|426826}}?
 +
 
 +
=== Status ===
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Workspace (Szymon P) ====
 +
* Bug fixing and inbox tracking
 +
 
 +
==== Platform UI (Paul) ====
 +
* [bidi] added Globalization preference page (makes old command-line options accessible for end user)
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Debug (Mike) ====
 +
* Bug fixing
 +
* Investigating source lookup bug: [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=327497 bug 327497]
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Ant (Mike) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Platform SWT (Arun) ====
 +
* M6 bug fixing and inbox tracking
 +
* {{bug|407927}} - Combo API addition for BiDi, reviewing the patch
 +
* {{bug|421127}} - Raised a bug against GTK+, investigating a workaround for M6
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 +
 
 +
* Kepler RC4a respun for p2 bug. Aggregated "Sim Rel" repo rebuilt.
 +
:* both have been "promoted" (but not visible) so mirroring can start
 +
* Most "icon, splash screen, and about box copyright" work is done, but still lots of details to "follow-up" on.
 +
:: (See list of dependencies on {{bug|426260}}).
 +
:* Note: I could not help but be innovative and improve modularization of build while doing this work {{bug|427428}}
 +
:: * But that does cause "launcher team" to "do less" {{bug|429093}}
 +
:: * And has implications for "delta-pack" {{bug|419246}}
 +
* Next priorities are getting "Java 8 Unit Tests" running
 +
: * And THEN, finally, start to look at getting performance tests running, somewhat (i.e. don't expect the good 'ol days of 12 hour test runs and reams of performance results summaries :).
 +
 
 +
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 +
 
 +
* RC1 bug verification and testing for Java 8
 +
* Bug fixes for Java 8
 +
 
 +
==== JDT Debug (Mike) ====
 +
* Bug fixing
 +
* Java 8 work and testing
 +
 
 +
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
 +
* Java 8 work: Organize Imports, finding unimplemented methods, convert lambda to anonymous
 +
 
 +
==== PDE (Curtis) ====
 +
* Working on update to ASM 5.0 for Java 8 support. [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=390930 Bug 390930] and the [http://dev.eclipse.org/ipzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=7942 CQ]
 +
* Java 8 work for API Tools
 +
 
 +
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Equinox p2 (Ian Bull) ====
 +
 
 +
== February 19, 2014 ==
  
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
  
* Should we revisit our current practice of leaving failing tests in the build ({{bug|398159}}).
+
=== Status ===
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Workspace (Szymon P) ====
 +
* Bug fixing and inbox tracking
 +
 
 +
==== Platform UI (Paul) ====
 +
 
 +
*Winnowed down our M6 bug list
 +
*Consider graduating some of the e4.tools to Platform UI and PDE UI
 +
*Working on EclipseCon presentations
 +
*Moving some CSS themes to a centralized plugin in Platform UI
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Debug (Mike) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Ant (Mike) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Platform SWT (Arun) ====
 +
* M6 bug fixing and inbox tracking
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 +
 
 +
* Planning slight change in behavior of splash screen
 +
: {{bug|428462}} - Do not display build id on splash screen (by default).
 +
: If objections, please comment in the bug.
 +
 
 +
* Wrote "wiki" with some [[Platform-releng/Platform_Build_BETA_JAVA8_Branch| notes about "Java 8 Beta builds"]]
 +
: For now we'll leave these builds "on the build machine" but see wiki for locations, if you want to try one out.
 +
: One implication (request) is even after I-build completes on Tuesday morning, try to avoid releasing anything new to master/integration (unless required to fix I-build) ... say until 2 or 3 (Eastern) on Tuesday, since after normal I-build (starts at 8) we do a weekly "Y-build" at 1 PM, that's just like the I-build, except we use the new Java 8 JDT Beta Compiler ... the intent being able to compare the two builds.
 +
:: But, don't let this request slow you down ... if you need to release ... go ahead and release.
 +
 
 +
* My current priority is getting new Logos/images "in the build" by M6 ... and then will work on running unit tests with Java 8 Early Access VM.
 +
 
 +
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 +
* Java 8 bug fixes
 +
 
 +
==== JDT Debug (Mike) ====
 +
 
 +
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
 +
* Java 8 work (patches, formatting of type annotations, ...)
 +
 
 +
==== PDE (Curtis) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Equinox p2 (Ian Bull) ====
 +
 
 +
== February 12, 2014 ==
 +
 
 +
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
  
 
=== Status ===
 
=== Status ===
  
==== Platform Workspace (Szymon) ====
+
==== Platform Workspace (Szymon P) ====
 +
* Bug fixing and inbox tracking
  
 
==== Platform UI (Paul) ====
 
==== Platform UI (Paul) ====
  
 
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
 
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
* bug fixing
+
* done with Kepler SR2 (4.3.2)
  
==== Platform Debug (Mike / Pawel) ====
+
==== Platform Debug (Mike) ====
* Getting ready to commit pin and clone feature: [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=145635 bug 145635- (Support for debug view pin & clone)]
+
* Refactoring contribution for expressions view: [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=372181 bug 372181 (Working set support for Expressions View)]
+
  
 
==== Platform Ant (Mike) ====
 
==== Platform Ant (Mike) ====
  
==== Platform SWT (Silenio) ====
+
==== Platform SWT (Lakshmi) ====
* backported last planned fixes for 4.2.2
+
* GTK+ 3 work continuing
+
* various 4.3-stream fixes
+
  
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
  
* Working on Juno SR2 RC2
+
* Last week people asked "what's the performance bug?", Main one is {{bug|374441}}
: See [http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/platform-releng/buildSchedule.html| Build Schedule]: build today, test Thursday, sign-offs due Tues. End of next week (and the week after that) we will be "doubled up" on Juno SR2 and Kepler M5.  
+
:: Hope to restart effort in a week or two.  
* Working on getting CBI-based builds to run for Kepler. {{bug|398201}} is current "blocker". After that, I'll work on getting unit tests to run against our CBI-based N-builds.
+
 
 +
* New "logo images" didn't make it in yet ... expect patches to be coming this week {{bug|426260}}
 +
: Be sure to comment in bug if you hate them ... once they "in a build" they are "ours".
 +
 
 +
* ECF changes took more time than expected, but I think "releng" part is done ... now up to p2 and Equinox to finish:
 +
: {{bug|409787}} [Tom, I think you need to respond on that bug about "concurrency" bundle.]
 +
: {{bug|419647}} Main bug to track p2 and equinox changes (changes to features ... no code changes, per se).  
 +
 
 +
* Java 8 releng work
 +
: Waiting for answer to {{bug|426902}} (I'd prefer to "move back to SYSTEM" for now.
 +
: {{bug|427242}} Had "feature patch" working as well as Tycho will allow on test machine ... but, now won't run on production machine ... still investigating. 
 +
 
 +
* Kepler SR2 RC4 just finished (I think) ... will expect final sign-offs on Thursday. Should only be one new fix. But, I did "clean up" all local caches and re-clone, so sanity check wouldn't hurt.
  
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
* Will not be able to attend the call today
 
* One open item for 4.2.2 ({{Bug|395897}}, INDEX_LOCATION_ATTRIBUTE_NAME attribute value is ignored when the index is rebuilt)
 
* Bug fixes and inbox tracking
 
 
* Progress on Java 8 work
 
* Progress on Java 8 work
  
Line 310: Line 490:
  
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
* added quick fixes for "unused type parameter" problems
+
* done with Kepler SR2 (4.3.2)
 +
* continued work on Java 8
 +
* vacation
  
 
==== PDE (Curtis) ====
 
==== PDE (Curtis) ====
* Backported one more fix to 4.2.2 {{Bug|398235}}
 
** Classpath update job locks the workspace
 
** In 4.2.2 this only happens if system property "pde.lockWorkspaceForClasspath" is set to true
 
* Samples moved to PDE website
 
* Category xml editor now supports individual bundles for creating p2 repositories
 
* Community submitted improvements to the New Plug-in With Incremental Builder template
 
  
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
Line 324: Line 500:
 
==== Equinox p2 (Ian Bull) ====
 
==== Equinox p2 (Ian Bull) ====
  
 +
== February 05, 2014 ==
 +
 +
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 +
 +
* Kepler RC3 build today (M-build). Sign-off due Thursday, end of day.
 +
 +
=== Status ===
 +
 +
==== Platform Workspace (Szymon P) ====
 +
* Bug fixing and inbox tracking
 +
 +
==== Platform UI (Paul) ====
 +
 +
* Fixing the M6 bugs
 +
 +
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
 +
 +
==== Platform Debug (Mike) ====
 +
 +
==== Platform Ant (Mike) ====
 +
 +
==== Platform SWT (Arun) ====
 +
 +
* Fixing M6 bugs
 +
* {{bug|421127}} - continuing investigation for a proper fix / temporary fall back to GTK 2 mechanism if needed
 +
* {{bug|424657}} - planning to back port this fix for Kepler SR2
 +
 +
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 +
 +
* {{bug|427242}} - Produce Java 8 feature patch for 4.3.2.
 +
:: In progress, hope to have something by end of week.
 +
* {{bug|426260}} - [Graphics] Files for new logo
 +
:: In progress, will ask teams to use initial versions ... on Thursday?
 +
:: (Does not have to be perfectly coordinated, but good to have for next week's I-build)
 +
:: Will ask for feedback from community ... but do not plan to "run a contest" or anything.
 +
:: We do still need/support Solaris, right? 
 +
* {{bug|419647}} - React to ECF feature restructuring
 +
:: ECF has a "first cut" ... will try a test build, and propose patches for p2 and equinox ... on Friday or Monday?
 +
* Small tweaks to "branding wiki" (which, I mention, to encourage others to document what you learn, in our "new" build system, or as things change)
 +
:: https://wiki.eclipse.org/Platform-releng/Updating_Branding#Launcher_.28Desktop.29_icons
 +
:: https://wiki.eclipse.org/Platform-releng/Updating_Branding#Version_Numbers
 +
:: https://wiki.eclipse.org/Platform-releng/Updating_Branding#Copyright_blurbs
 +
 +
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 +
 +
* Java 8 EA3 announced
 +
* Continuing to work on Java 8 effort
 +
 +
==== JDT Debug (Mike) ====
 +
 +
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
 +
 +
==== PDE (Curtis) ====
 +
 +
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 +
 +
==== Equinox p2 (Ian Bull) ====
  
== January 9, 2013 ==
+
== January 29, 2014 ==
  
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
* Samples on welcome page no longer load (CVS shutdown), see {{Bug|396429}}
+
* Kepler SR 2 (4.3.2):
** Should we remove the samples page entirely?
+
** RC2 build on Wednesday 08:00 EST
** Dani: No. It was promised that read-only access stays. This includes anonymous HTTP for me ({{Bug|397237}}).
+
** full-time test pass against RC2 on Thursday
 +
** PMC approval required for non-doc fixes after RC2
 +
* February 14 is deadline for CQ submissions
 +
* Luna (4.4) M6 (March 7, 2014) is API freeze
  
 
=== Status ===
 
=== Status ===
  
==== Platform Workspace (Szymon) ====
+
==== Platform Workspace (Szymon P) ====
 +
* Shipped M5
 +
* Bug fixing and inbox tracking
 +
* No open items for Kepler SR2
  
 
==== Platform UI (Paul) ====
 
==== Platform UI (Paul) ====
  
 
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
 
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
 +
* shipped M5
 +
* no open items for Kepler SR2
 
* bug fixing
 
* bug fixing
  
==== Platform Debug (Mike / Pawel) ====
+
==== Platform Debug (Mike) ====
* continued work on Pin / Clone [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=145635 bug 145635]
+
* bug fixing / triage
+
  
 
==== Platform Ant (Mike) ====
 
==== Platform Ant (Mike) ====
* bug fixing / triage
 
  
==== Platform SWT (Silenio) ====
+
==== Platform SWT (Arun) ====
* beginning work on embedding CEF (Chromium Embedded Framework)
+
* beginning work on XULRunner 17 support
+
* continuing GTK+ 3 work
+
* continuing UIA work
+
* still have some fixes from 4.3.x to backport to 4.2.2
+
* vacation
+
  
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 +
 +
* {{Bug|426669}} Good progress on doing "production builds" for Java 8 support (just in time ... as a few issues discovered that can be fixed in time for Kepler SR2! Such as {{bug|426841}}).
 +
 +
* Working on (testing) "Sim. Release" M5 overall delivery. (EPP packages due Friday). Appears many changes going it (as is common every year for M5).
  
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
* One open item for 4.2.2 ({{Bug|395897}}, INDEX_LOCATION_ATTRIBUTE_NAME attribute value is ignored when the index is rebuilt)
+
* M5 testing/delivered
* Progress on Java 8 work
+
* Java 8 work
 +
* No open items for SR2
  
 
==== JDT Debug (Mike) ====
 
==== JDT Debug (Mike) ====
* completed investigation of interrupting / stopping threads from the debug view - [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=392893 bug 392893]
 
* continuing investigation of using JDT core evaluation code - [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=289798 bug 289798]
 
* started converting the inspect / evaluate actions to commands / handlers - [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=390869 bug 390869]
 
* bug fixing triage
 
  
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
* Javadoc view and hovers now show package docs from package-info.java and package.html
+
* shipped M5
* Backported last fix for 4.2.2 ({{Bug|319054}}, New Java Project wizard can delete files when trying to use symlink in project path)
+
* no open items for Kepler SR2
 +
* Java 8 work
  
 
==== PDE (Curtis) ====
 
==== PDE (Curtis) ====
  
* New API to contribute to the PDE required plug-ins classpath container {{Bug|363733}}
+
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Equinox p2 (Ian Bull) ====
 +
 
 +
== January 22, 2014 ==
 +
 
 +
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 +
 
 +
=== Status ===
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Workspace (Szymon P) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Platform UI (Paul) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
 +
* shipped M5
 +
* no open items for Kepler SR2
 +
* bug fixing
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Debug (Mike) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Ant (Mike) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Platform SWT (Arun) ====
 +
 
 +
* No open items for Kepler SR2
 +
* API addition request for Luna M5 under review - https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/17893/
 +
* {{bug|421127}} - GTK+ 3 port is broken from GTK+ version 3.10, needs to be highlighted in N&N and Readme files for M5 and SR2
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 +
 
 +
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 +
 
 +
* No open items for Kepler SR2
 +
* Luna M5 testing underway
 +
* Progress on Java 8 effort
 +
 
 +
==== JDT Debug (Mike) ====
 +
 
 +
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
 +
* [Mac] fixed key binding conflicts for "Edit > Expand Selection To ...":
 +
:Ctrl+Shift+Arrow_Up/Down is used by Mission Control by default. Using Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Arrow_* now.
 +
* Java 8 work
 +
 
 +
==== PDE (Curtis) ====
  
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
Line 380: Line 658:
 
==== Equinox p2 (Ian Bull) ====
 
==== Equinox p2 (Ian Bull) ====
  
 +
== January 15, 2014 ==
  
== January 2, 2013 ==
+
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 +
* Lakshmi is on maternity leave. Arun Thondapu is responsible for SWT during that time.
 +
 
 +
=== Status ===
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Workspace (Szymon P) ====
 +
* Bug fixing and inbox tracking
 +
 
 +
==== Platform UI (Paul) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Debug (Mike) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Ant (Mike) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Platform SWT (Lakshmi) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 +
 
 +
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 +
 
 +
* All set for Kepler SR2
 +
* Working on open items for M5
 +
* Making progress on Java 8 effort.
 +
 
 +
==== JDT Debug (Mike) ====
 +
 
 +
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
 +
 
 +
==== PDE (Curtis) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Equinox p2 (Ian Bull) ====
 +
 
 +
== January 8, 2014 ==
  
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
Line 387: Line 702:
 
=== Status ===
 
=== Status ===
  
==== Platform Workspace (Szymon) ====
+
==== Platform Workspace (Szymon P) ====
 +
* API changes:
 +
** {{bug|311240}} - Remove WorkspaceLock API
 +
** {{bug|310072}} - Delete deprecated IncrementalProjectBuilder#getRule() API
 +
* Bug fixing and inbox tracking
  
 
==== Platform UI (Paul) ====
 
==== Platform UI (Paul) ====
Line 393: Line 712:
 
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
 
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
  
==== Platform Debug (Mike / Pawel) ====
+
==== Platform Debug (Mike) ====
  
 
==== Platform Ant (Mike) ====
 
==== Platform Ant (Mike) ====
  
==== Platform SWT (Silenio) ====
+
==== Platform SWT (Lakshmi) ====
 +
* {{bug|422561}} - implementation for Xulrunner 24 support merged to master branch
 +
* 4.4 M5 bug fixing
  
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
  
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
* Backporting verify error fixes complete
+
* Progress on Java 8: EA 2 announced and focusing on EA 3.
* Progress on Java 8 work
+
* Bug fixes and inbox tracking
+
  
 
==== JDT Debug (Mike) ====
 
==== JDT Debug (Mike) ====
  
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
 +
* Java 8: AST change catchup and other bug reviews
  
 
==== PDE (Curtis) ====
 
==== PDE (Curtis) ====
* API filters in projects will filter api use scan results ({{Bug|332772}})
 
  
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
  
 
==== Equinox p2 (Ian Bull) ====
 
==== Equinox p2 (Ian Bull) ====
 +
  
 
== Archived Minutes ==  
 
== Archived Minutes ==  
  
[[Eclipse/Status_meetings/Minutes_2012|2012 Minutes]]
+
* [[Eclipse/Status_meetings/Minutes_2013|2013 Minutes]]
 +
* [[Eclipse/Status_meetings/Minutes_2012|2012 Minutes]]
  
  
[[Category:Eclipse_Platform_Status_Meetings| ]]
+
[[Category:Eclipse_Platform_Status_Meetings| ]][[Category:Eclipse]]
  
  
 
<!-- Template for next week's status (add 7 days, then copy):
 
<!-- Template for next week's status (add 7 days, then copy):
== February 13, 2013 ==
+
== April 16, 2014 ==
  
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
Line 432: Line 753:
 
=== Status ===
 
=== Status ===
  
==== Platform Workspace (Szymon) ====
+
==== Platform Workspace (Szymon P) ====
  
 
==== Platform UI (Paul) ====
 
==== Platform UI (Paul) ====
Line 438: Line 759:
 
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
 
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
  
==== Platform Debug (Mike / Pawel) ====
+
==== Platform Debug (Mike) ====
  
 
==== Platform Ant (Mike) ====
 
==== Platform Ant (Mike) ====
  
==== Platform SWT (Silenio) ====
+
==== Platform SWT (Arun) ====
  
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====

Latest revision as of 10:42, 16 April 2014


[edit] April 16, 2014

[edit] Discussion/Reminders

  • [dw] We need "semi-coordinated" change for bug 431273 - react to change in EUA
After much "debugging", my recommendation is to do global change of
license-feature-version="1.0.0.qualifier"

to

license-feature-version="0.0.0"
Can we say "do by Thursday afternoon"? That'd give time for some test builds, and "recovery" on Friday, if needed, for any that are missed?

[edit] Status

[edit] Platform Workspace (Szymon P)

  • Polishing Java 7 filesystem fragment
  • Bug fixing for M7

[edit] Platform UI (Paul)

[edit] Platform Text (Dani)

  • protected content assist from bad proposals (contributed by Terry Parker)

[edit] Platform Debug (Sarika)

  • M7 bug fixes

[edit] Platform Ant (Mike)

[edit] Platform SWT (Arun)

  • M7 bug fixing, patch reviews and inbox tracking

[edit] Platform Releng (David)

  • Ready to git rid of last "master feature" bug 406825
And as part of that, plan to move and simplify "repository" module bug 432776
  • My view of next priorities:
* Need to focus on fixing several "graphics issues" bug 426260
* Need to focus on fixing several "test framework" issues, such as bug 431703 and others.
* Need to sort out "configuration features" and executables so "eclipse" is not "installed twice" bug 432379
(all of which means "performance tests" is getting lower on high priority items, for M7)

[edit] JDT Core (Jay)

  • M7 bug fixes and Java 8 maintenance fixes

[edit] JDT Debug (Sarika)

  • M7 bug fixes
  • Java 8 bug analysis

[edit] JDT UI (Markus)

[edit] PDE (Curtis)

[edit] Equinox (Tom Watson)

[edit] Equinox p2 (Ian Bull)

[edit] April 09, 2014

[edit] Discussion/Reminders

[edit] Status

[edit] Platform Workspace (Szymon P)

  • M7 bug fixing and inbox tracking

[edit] Platform UI (Paul)

[edit] Platform Text (Dani)

[edit] Platform Debug (Sarika)

  • Bug fixing for M7

[edit] Platform Ant (Mike)

[edit] Platform SWT (Arun)

  • M7 bug fixing, patch reviews and inbox tracking
  • bug 431711 - bug to update list of supported platforms for Luna
  • working on enabling SWT/Eclipse port to new PPC platform - ppc64le

[edit] Platform Releng (David)

  • Can't attend this meeting, due to conflict with Tools PMC meeting.
  • As agreed at last status meeting, I opened a bug for Mars: bug 432003 - Refine and Redefine our Features
Ideally this work would start during Luna RC period (conceptually, if not "in a branch") so we could get many "restructuring" changes in Mars M1.
  • Added new "third party" stuff:
* ICU4J 52.1 bug 429660
* org.objectweb.asm (restructured into 6 pieces) bug 431820
* "warmup" version of ECF bug 429930

[edit] JDT Core (Jay)

  • Luna M7 bug fixes
  • Backported to R3_6_maintenance and R3_6_maintenance_Java7 - bug 410207

[edit] JDT Debug (Sarika)

  • Bug fixing for M7

[edit] JDT UI (Markus)

[edit] PDE (Vikas)

  • Java 8 items for M7 (method reference, default method and lambda expression)
  • bug fixes for M7

[edit] Equinox (Tom Watson)

[edit] Equinox p2 (Ian Bull)

[edit] April 02, 2014

[edit] Discussion/Reminders

  • [dw] Should we deprecate org.eclipse.core.runtime.feature? No one uses it (except "equinox SDK "product").
    • The feature was initially requested via bug 329722
    • [dw] As agreed at status meeting, I opened a bug for Mars: bug 432003 - Refine and Redefine our Features
  • [dw] We are exposed to losing "webstart function" on recent version of Java 7 (and 8). See bug 421294. Should it be marked "helpwanted" ... deprecated? ... removed? ... seems no one has expertise to fix it? (And, from reading the some of the "work arounds" people have come up with, sounds pretty complicated to fix ... (might require users to have access to unsigned bundles, which they'd have to sign themselves? But, I could be mis-interpreting the "work arounds".)
  • [Dani] The Eclipse Foundation announced Java™ 8 support today

[edit] Status

[edit] Platform Workspace (Szymon P)

  • bug 380325 Release jdk7 filesystem fragment providing Java 7 NIO2 support

[edit] Platform UI (Paul)

[edit] Platform Text (Dani)

[edit] Platform Debug (Mike)

[edit] Platform Ant (Mike)

[edit] Platform SWT (Arun)

  • M7 bug fixing, patch reviews and inbox tracking

[edit] Platform Releng (David)

  • bug 431478 added "stats" to Java 8 patch downloads. (1711, since Saturday ... missed "first 10 days" it was released.)
Anything else we should gather stats on (from p2 repo)?
  • bug 431540 moved some of our "post-build" processing into the build-proper, as it should be. (still lots more could be done).
  • Working on improving "test framework" so we can have accurately labeled (and variable number of) VM's and architectures for testing a given build.
My hope is for Nightlies, we would use Java 8, for Linux, Java 7 for Windows and Mac.
(Mac has been updated to "1.7 update 51", still need to do for Windows).
But, for I-builds, would be nice do 6 tests, 3 "platforms" times 2 VMs -- or is that overkill?
  • need to move "orbit build" to Hudson HIPP instance [though, will still be same script/PDE based build].
  • (still) need to investigate/plan for performance tests.
  • (still) need to get "releng tests" back in build, and tests -- such as count number of features and bundles in repository and compare with expected number.

[edit] JDT Core (Jay)

  • Bug fixes for M7

[edit] JDT Debug (Mike)

[edit] JDT UI (Markus)

[edit] PDE (Curtis)

[edit] Equinox (Tom Watson)

[edit] Equinox p2 (Ian Bull)

[edit] March 26, 2014

[edit] Discussion/Reminders

[edit] Status

[edit] Platform Workspace (Szymon P)

[edit] Platform UI (Paul)

[edit] Platform Text (Dani)

[edit] Platform Debug (Mike)

[edit] Platform Ant (Mike)

[edit] Platform SWT (Arun)

[edit] Platform Releng (David)

  • bug 429406 - Remember to "turn on" API change-check in post M6 builds

[edit] JDT Core (Jay)

  • Java 8 GA announced
  • Working on bug fixes for Luna and Java 8

[edit] JDT Debug (Mike)

[edit] JDT UI (Markus)

  • Java 8 GA announced
  • Working on bug fixes for Luna and Java 8
  • Fixed bug 399391 on bugs.eclipse.org: Diff for Git patches drops file path after first space

[edit] PDE (Curtis)

[edit] Equinox (Tom Watson)

[edit] Equinox p2 (Ian Bull)

[edit] March 19, 2014

[edit] Discussion/Reminders

[edit] Status

[edit] Platform Workspace (Szymon P)

  • bug 380325 Release jdk7 filesystem fragment providing Java 7 NIO2 support

[edit] Platform UI (Paul)

[edit] Platform Text (Dani)

[edit] Platform Debug (Mike)

[edit] Platform Ant (Mike)

[edit] Platform SWT (Arun)

  • M7 bug fixing and inbox tracking
  • bug 412589 API addition possible post M6?

[edit] Platform Releng (David)

  • Nice to be going back to 2 builds types, instead of 5!

[edit] JDT Core (Jay)

Java 8 release finishing touches (bug 428468)

[edit] JDT Debug (Mike)

[edit] JDT UI (Markus)

  • Java 8 release finishing touches - shipped first official Eclipse support for Java 8 yesterday
  • Fixed problems with rendering of lambda elements, presenting them in the type hierarchy, and method override computation.

[edit] PDE (Curtis)

[edit] Equinox (Tom Watson)

[edit] Equinox p2 (Ian Bull)

[edit] March 12, 2014

[edit] Discussion/Reminders

[David] Reminder: still need some triage on open M6 bugs.

[edit] Status

[edit] Platform Workspace (Szymon P)

  • bug 380325 Release jdk7 filesystem fragment providing Java 7 NIO2 support

[edit] Platform UI (Paul)

[edit] Platform Text (Dani)

[edit] Platform Debug (Mike)

[edit] Platform Ant (Mike)

[edit] Platform SWT (Arun)

[edit] Platform Releng (David)

  • [Can not attend this status meeting, due to conflicting meeting.]
  • Working on Java 8 builds and tests. Especially "finishing touches".
  • Set up Unit tests to run with Java 8, version _51 (the one with new "security restrictions")
  • Which also requires fixes to "test and reporting" framework bug 390986.
  • Who can work on "web start" problem? bug 421294 -- or, we'll have to live with "loss of function" with newest JREs.
  • Need to figure out (remember?) how to turn on "Post M6 API checks" bug 429406
  • Still, sigh, working on new "images and logo". bug 426260
  • Planning to "remove" or "convert" many GIF images, and use PNG format instead. See bug 424916.
In other words, speak up quick if you know of a reason not to!
  • Next priority (still) is to get "performance test example" running.
  • But, will still need "backend data base", and
  • Resurrect the "Performance UI" (or, what ever it was that produces the reams of pictures and statistics).

[edit] JDT Core (Jay)

[edit] JDT Debug (Mike)

[edit] JDT UI (Markus)

[edit] PDE (Curtis)

[edit] Equinox (Tom Watson)

[edit] Equinox p2 (Ian Bull)

[edit] March 05, 2014

[edit] Discussion/Reminders

  • [Dani] Component leads, please tag Luna SR2 (4.3.2) with 'R4_3_2' by Friday. For details see bug 428090.
  • [Szymon] How to avoid spam in Gerrit? For details see bug 429647.
  • [David] Proposal on how to handle "Solaris x86_64 contribution" ... read it and comment in bug 429343.

[edit] Status

[edit] Platform Workspace (Szymon P)

  • M6 testing and bug verification
  • M7 planning

[edit] Platform UI (Paul)

[edit] Platform Text (Dani)

[edit] Platform Debug (Mike)

[edit] Platform Ant (Mike)

[edit] Platform SWT (Arun)

  • M6 testing and bug verification
  • Inbox tracking and M7 planning

[edit] Platform Releng (David)

  • Investigating Kepler SR2 and Luna (mysterious) p2-update bug on Windows: bug 427148
  • Learning/fixing "delta-pack"
  • About to start focusing on "BETA_JAVA8" testing

[edit] JDT Core (Jay)

  • Java 8 bug fixes
  • Luna M6 bug fixes and testing/bug-verification

[edit] JDT Debug (Mike)

[edit] JDT UI (Markus)

[edit] PDE (Curtis)

[edit] Equinox (Tom Watson)

[edit] Equinox p2 (Ian Bull)

[edit] February 26, 2014

[edit] Discussion/Reminders

  • (dw) should we re-spin weekly I-build to get fix for bug 426826?

[edit] Status

[edit] Platform Workspace (Szymon P)

  • Bug fixing and inbox tracking

[edit] Platform UI (Paul)

  • [bidi] added Globalization preference page (makes old command-line options accessible for end user)

[edit] Platform Text (Dani)

[edit] Platform Debug (Mike)

  • Bug fixing
  • Investigating source lookup bug: bug 327497

[edit] Platform Ant (Mike)

[edit] Platform SWT (Arun)

  • M6 bug fixing and inbox tracking
  • bug 407927 - Combo API addition for BiDi, reviewing the patch
  • bug 421127 - Raised a bug against GTK+, investigating a workaround for M6

[edit] Platform Releng (David)

  • Kepler RC4a respun for p2 bug. Aggregated "Sim Rel" repo rebuilt.
  • both have been "promoted" (but not visible) so mirroring can start
  • Most "icon, splash screen, and about box copyright" work is done, but still lots of details to "follow-up" on.
(See list of dependencies on bug 426260).
  • Note: I could not help but be innovative and improve modularization of build while doing this work bug 427428
* But that does cause "launcher team" to "do less" bug 429093
* And has implications for "delta-pack" bug 419246
  • Next priorities are getting "Java 8 Unit Tests" running
* And THEN, finally, start to look at getting performance tests running, somewhat (i.e. don't expect the good 'ol days of 12 hour test runs and reams of performance results summaries :).

[edit] JDT Core (Jay)

  • RC1 bug verification and testing for Java 8
  • Bug fixes for Java 8

[edit] JDT Debug (Mike)

  • Bug fixing
  • Java 8 work and testing

[edit] JDT UI (Markus)

  • Java 8 work: Organize Imports, finding unimplemented methods, convert lambda to anonymous

[edit] PDE (Curtis)

  • Working on update to ASM 5.0 for Java 8 support. Bug 390930 and the CQ
  • Java 8 work for API Tools

[edit] Equinox (Tom Watson)

[edit] Equinox p2 (Ian Bull)

[edit] February 19, 2014

[edit] Discussion/Reminders

[edit] Status

[edit] Platform Workspace (Szymon P)

  • Bug fixing and inbox tracking

[edit] Platform UI (Paul)

  • Winnowed down our M6 bug list
  • Consider graduating some of the e4.tools to Platform UI and PDE UI
  • Working on EclipseCon presentations
  • Moving some CSS themes to a centralized plugin in Platform UI

[edit] Platform Text (Dani)

[edit] Platform Debug (Mike)

[edit] Platform Ant (Mike)

[edit] Platform SWT (Arun)

  • M6 bug fixing and inbox tracking

[edit] Platform Releng (David)

  • Planning slight change in behavior of splash screen
bug 428462 - Do not display build id on splash screen (by default).
If objections, please comment in the bug.
For now we'll leave these builds "on the build machine" but see wiki for locations, if you want to try one out.
One implication (request) is even after I-build completes on Tuesday morning, try to avoid releasing anything new to master/integration (unless required to fix I-build) ... say until 2 or 3 (Eastern) on Tuesday, since after normal I-build (starts at 8) we do a weekly "Y-build" at 1 PM, that's just like the I-build, except we use the new Java 8 JDT Beta Compiler ... the intent being able to compare the two builds.
But, don't let this request slow you down ... if you need to release ... go ahead and release.
  • My current priority is getting new Logos/images "in the build" by M6 ... and then will work on running unit tests with Java 8 Early Access VM.

[edit] JDT Core (Jay)

  • Java 8 bug fixes

[edit] JDT Debug (Mike)

[edit] JDT UI (Markus)

  • Java 8 work (patches, formatting of type annotations, ...)

[edit] PDE (Curtis)

[edit] Equinox (Tom Watson)

[edit] Equinox p2 (Ian Bull)

[edit] February 12, 2014

[edit] Discussion/Reminders

[edit] Status

[edit] Platform Workspace (Szymon P)

  • Bug fixing and inbox tracking

[edit] Platform UI (Paul)

[edit] Platform Text (Dani)

  • done with Kepler SR2 (4.3.2)

[edit] Platform Debug (Mike)

[edit] Platform Ant (Mike)

[edit] Platform SWT (Lakshmi)

[edit] Platform Releng (David)

  • Last week people asked "what's the performance bug?", Main one is bug 374441
Hope to restart effort in a week or two.
  • New "logo images" didn't make it in yet ... expect patches to be coming this week bug 426260
Be sure to comment in bug if you hate them ... once they "in a build" they are "ours".
  • ECF changes took more time than expected, but I think "releng" part is done ... now up to p2 and Equinox to finish:
bug 409787 [Tom, I think you need to respond on that bug about "concurrency" bundle.]
bug 419647 Main bug to track p2 and equinox changes (changes to features ... no code changes, per se).
  • Java 8 releng work
Waiting for answer to bug 426902 (I'd prefer to "move back to SYSTEM" for now.
bug 427242 Had "feature patch" working as well as Tycho will allow on test machine ... but, now won't run on production machine ... still investigating.
  • Kepler SR2 RC4 just finished (I think) ... will expect final sign-offs on Thursday. Should only be one new fix. But, I did "clean up" all local caches and re-clone, so sanity check wouldn't hurt.

[edit] JDT Core (Jay)

  • Progress on Java 8 work

[edit] JDT Debug (Mike)

[edit] JDT UI (Markus)

  • done with Kepler SR2 (4.3.2)
  • continued work on Java 8
  • vacation

[edit] PDE (Curtis)

[edit] Equinox (Tom Watson)

[edit] Equinox p2 (Ian Bull)

[edit] February 05, 2014

[edit] Discussion/Reminders

  • Kepler RC3 build today (M-build). Sign-off due Thursday, end of day.

[edit] Status

[edit] Platform Workspace (Szymon P)

  • Bug fixing and inbox tracking

[edit] Platform UI (Paul)

  • Fixing the M6 bugs

[edit] Platform Text (Dani)

[edit] Platform Debug (Mike)

[edit] Platform Ant (Mike)

[edit] Platform SWT (Arun)

  • Fixing M6 bugs
  • bug 421127 - continuing investigation for a proper fix / temporary fall back to GTK 2 mechanism if needed
  • bug 424657 - planning to back port this fix for Kepler SR2

[edit] Platform Releng (David)

  • bug 427242 - Produce Java 8 feature patch for 4.3.2.
In progress, hope to have something by end of week.
In progress, will ask teams to use initial versions ... on Thursday?
(Does not have to be perfectly coordinated, but good to have for next week's I-build)
Will ask for feedback from community ... but do not plan to "run a contest" or anything.
We do still need/support Solaris, right?
ECF has a "first cut" ... will try a test build, and propose patches for p2 and equinox ... on Friday or Monday?
  • Small tweaks to "branding wiki" (which, I mention, to encourage others to document what you learn, in our "new" build system, or as things change)
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Platform-releng/Updating_Branding#Launcher_.28Desktop.29_icons
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Platform-releng/Updating_Branding#Version_Numbers
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Platform-releng/Updating_Branding#Copyright_blurbs

[edit] JDT Core (Jay)

  • Java 8 EA3 announced
  • Continuing to work on Java 8 effort

[edit] JDT Debug (Mike)

[edit] JDT UI (Markus)

[edit] PDE (Curtis)

[edit] Equinox (Tom Watson)

[edit] Equinox p2 (Ian Bull)

[edit] January 29, 2014

[edit] Discussion/Reminders

  • Kepler SR 2 (4.3.2):
    • RC2 build on Wednesday 08:00 EST
    • full-time test pass against RC2 on Thursday
    • PMC approval required for non-doc fixes after RC2
  • February 14 is deadline for CQ submissions
  • Luna (4.4) M6 (March 7, 2014) is API freeze

[edit] Status

[edit] Platform Workspace (Szymon P)

  • Shipped M5
  • Bug fixing and inbox tracking
  • No open items for Kepler SR2

[edit] Platform UI (Paul)

[edit] Platform Text (Dani)

  • shipped M5
  • no open items for Kepler SR2
  • bug fixing

[edit] Platform Debug (Mike)

[edit] Platform Ant (Mike)

[edit] Platform SWT (Arun)

[edit] Platform Releng (David)

  • bug 426669 Good progress on doing "production builds" for Java 8 support (just in time ... as a few issues discovered that can be fixed in time for Kepler SR2! Such as bug 426841).
  • Working on (testing) "Sim. Release" M5 overall delivery. (EPP packages due Friday). Appears many changes going it (as is common every year for M5).

[edit] JDT Core (Jay)

  • M5 testing/delivered
  • Java 8 work
  • No open items for SR2

[edit] JDT Debug (Mike)

[edit] JDT UI (Markus)

  • shipped M5
  • no open items for Kepler SR2
  • Java 8 work

[edit] PDE (Curtis)

[edit] Equinox (Tom Watson)

[edit] Equinox p2 (Ian Bull)

[edit] January 22, 2014

[edit] Discussion/Reminders

[edit] Status

[edit] Platform Workspace (Szymon P)

[edit] Platform UI (Paul)

[edit] Platform Text (Dani)

  • shipped M5
  • no open items for Kepler SR2
  • bug fixing

[edit] Platform Debug (Mike)

[edit] Platform Ant (Mike)

[edit] Platform SWT (Arun)

  • No open items for Kepler SR2
  • API addition request for Luna M5 under review - https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/17893/
  • bug 421127 - GTK+ 3 port is broken from GTK+ version 3.10, needs to be highlighted in N&N and Readme files for M5 and SR2

[edit] Platform Releng (David)

[edit] JDT Core (Jay)

  • No open items for Kepler SR2
  • Luna M5 testing underway
  • Progress on Java 8 effort

[edit] JDT Debug (Mike)

[edit] JDT UI (Markus)

  • [Mac] fixed key binding conflicts for "Edit > Expand Selection To ...":
Ctrl+Shift+Arrow_Up/Down is used by Mission Control by default. Using Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Arrow_* now.
  • Java 8 work

[edit] PDE (Curtis)

[edit] Equinox (Tom Watson)

[edit] Equinox p2 (Ian Bull)

[edit] January 15, 2014

[edit] Discussion/Reminders

  • Lakshmi is on maternity leave. Arun Thondapu is responsible for SWT during that time.

[edit] Status

[edit] Platform Workspace (Szymon P)

  • Bug fixing and inbox tracking

[edit] Platform UI (Paul)

[edit] Platform Text (Dani)

[edit] Platform Debug (Mike)

[edit] Platform Ant (Mike)

[edit] Platform SWT (Lakshmi)

[edit] Platform Releng (David)

[edit] JDT Core (Jay)

  • All set for Kepler SR2
  • Working on open items for M5
  • Making progress on Java 8 effort.

[edit] JDT Debug (Mike)

[edit] JDT UI (Markus)

[edit] PDE (Curtis)

[edit] Equinox (Tom Watson)

[edit] Equinox p2 (Ian Bull)

[edit] January 8, 2014

[edit] Discussion/Reminders

[edit] Status

[edit] Platform Workspace (Szymon P)

  • API changes:
    • bug 311240 - Remove WorkspaceLock API
    • bug 310072 - Delete deprecated IncrementalProjectBuilder#getRule() API
  • Bug fixing and inbox tracking

[edit] Platform UI (Paul)

[edit] Platform Text (Dani)

[edit] Platform Debug (Mike)

[edit] Platform Ant (Mike)

[edit] Platform SWT (Lakshmi)

  • bug 422561 - implementation for Xulrunner 24 support merged to master branch
  • 4.4 M5 bug fixing

[edit] Platform Releng (David)

[edit] JDT Core (Jay)

  • Progress on Java 8: EA 2 announced and focusing on EA 3.

[edit] JDT Debug (Mike)

[edit] JDT UI (Markus)

  • Java 8: AST change catchup and other bug reviews

[edit] PDE (Curtis)

[edit] Equinox (Tom Watson)

[edit] Equinox p2 (Ian Bull)

[edit] Archived Minutes