Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "Eclipse/Status meetings/Minutes"

(Discussion/Reminders)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
__notoc__
 
__notoc__
 +
<!-- Hints:
 +
* Copy the empty template for the next week from the very end of this edit box.
 +
* Use templates to refer to {{bug|455135}} or {{bug|455135|5}} (2nd argument is the comment #)
 +
-->
 +
== April 27, 2016 ==
  
<!-- Hint: Copy the empty template for the next week from the very end of this edit box. -->
+
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
== January 9, 2013 ==
+
 
 +
* Should we shift schedule due to issues getting a "good I-build" on Tuesday? If so, half a day? A whole day?
 +
* Two changes made to Platform Hipp
 +
:- Have changed parent pom to use I-builds for "build-individual-bundles".
 +
:- Have changed Platform Hipp so that all the jobs there will use the "Eclipse mirror of maven central" {{bug|492502}}
 +
* During RC period, we only do I-builds, no N-builds. But, I do not recall, does that start "right after M7" or does that start "right after RC1"? (I'd recommend "right after M7", but thought it deserved discussion.)
 +
:- Dani: after M7
 +
* Please read the [https://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/development/plans/freeze_plan_4_6.php Eclipse Neon 4.6 Endgame Plan] carefully and follow the fix pass rules of engagement when we enter the endgame.
 +
:- Next Monday and Tuesday are test days. Component leads make sure to have a test plan that covers all Neon work.
 +
 
 +
=== Status ===
 +
==== Platform Resources (Szymon P) ====
 +
==== Platform UI (Lars or Dani) ====
 +
==== Platform Debug (Sarika) ====
 +
==== Platform Ant (Sarika) ====
 +
==== Platform SWT (Arun) ====
 +
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 +
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 +
==== JDT Debug (Sarika) ====
 +
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
 +
==== PDE (Vikas) ====
 +
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 +
==== Equinox p2 (Pascal) ====
 +
 
 +
== April 13, 2016 ==
 +
 
 +
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 +
<!-- Eclipse Project PMC approval pending:
 +
* Copyright years don't need to be updated any more, see {{bug|485257|13}}.
 +
** The year of creation is still mandatory, but the ", <modificationYear>" can be omitted or left as is.
 +
-->
 +
 
 +
=== Status ===
 +
==== Platform Resources (Szymon P) ====
 +
==== Platform UI (Lars or Dani) ====
 +
==== Platform Debug (Sarika) ====
 +
==== Platform Ant (Sarika) ====
 +
==== Platform SWT (Arun) ====
 +
* M7 bug fixes
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 +
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 +
==== JDT Debug (Sarika) ====
 +
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
 +
==== PDE (Vikas) ====
 +
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 +
==== Equinox p2 (Pascal) ====
 +
 
 +
 
 +
== March 23, 2016 ==
 +
 
 +
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 +
 
 +
=== Status ===
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Resources (Szymon P) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Platform UI (Lars or Dani) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Debug (Sarika) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Ant (Sarika) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Platform SWT (Arun) ====
 +
* M6 verification
 +
* M7 bug fixes and patch reviews
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 +
 
 +
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 +
* M6 bug fixes
 +
* Java 9 work
 +
 
 +
==== JDT Debug (Sarika) ====
 +
 
 +
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
 +
 
 +
==== PDE (Vikas) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Equinox p2 (Pascal) ====
 +
 
 +
== March 16, 2016 ==
 +
 
 +
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 +
* [Markus] {{bug|477575}}: As standard procedure, switch "gerrit build reference" to I-build during milestones
 +
** As we had to learn in {{bug|489493|5}}, this is really necessary, because the absence of N-builds can break Gerrit jobs.
 +
* [Syzmon/Markus] The milestone week is a lockdown week, where we only push fixes for regressions or major problems, but not regular feature work. Component leads must monitor their repositories and remind misbehaving committers. Every committer can and should revert commits that violate the rules.
 +
 
 +
=== Status ===
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Resources (Szymon P) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Platform UI (Lars or Dani) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Debug (Sarika) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Ant (Sarika) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Platform SWT (Arun) ====
 +
* preliminary HiDPI support has been released for Win32 and GTK
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 +
 
 +
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 +
 
 +
==== JDT Debug (Sarika) ====
 +
 
 +
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
 +
 
 +
==== PDE (Vikas) ====
 +
* M6 bugs
 +
 
 +
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Equinox p2 (Pascal) ====
 +
 
 +
 
 +
== March 2, 2016 ==
 +
 
 +
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 +
 
 +
* Are we meeting next week?
 +
:: ''Yes, will still have the time reserved, even though several of us can not make the call.''
 +
* {{bug|488787}} Do we want an official update site with patched feature for 4.5.2 stream?
 +
:: ''Will have one "ready", but just note it in bug, not automatic update, not widely advertised, since effects only a special case.''
 +
* {{bug|179924}} Do we want to introduce "JDK internals" (via 3rd party bundles)?
 +
:: ''Will continue "holding" until we hear from developer of those 3rd party bundles.''
 +
* {{bug|488667}} Do we want to continue testing "delta pack"?
 +
:: ''David to work with Vikas to create the delta pack during tests (just as we tell users they can do, if they want to continue using it).''
 +
 
 +
=== Status ===
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Resources (Szymon P) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Platform UI (Lars or Dani) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Debug (Sarika) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Ant (Sarika) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Platform SWT (Arun) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 +
 
 +
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 +
 
 +
==== JDT Debug (Sarika) ====
 +
 
 +
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
 +
 
 +
==== PDE (Vikas) ====
 +
* 4.6 M6 bug fixing & reviews
 +
 
 +
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Equinox p2 (Pascal) ====
 +
 
 +
== February 24, 2016 ==
 +
 
 +
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 +
 
 +
=== Status ===
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Resources (Szymon P) ====
 +
* 4.6 M6 bug fixing.
 +
* Working on the integration with ssh-agents - {{bug|179924}}.
 +
 
 +
==== Platform UI (Lars or Dani) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Debug (Sarika) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Ant (Sarika) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Platform SWT (Arun) ====
 +
* Neon M6 bug fixes
 +
* Patch reviews
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 +
 
 +
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 +
 
 +
==== JDT Debug (Sarika) ====
 +
 
 +
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
 +
 
 +
==== PDE (Vikas) ====
 +
* 4.6 M6 bug fixing.
 +
 
 +
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Equinox p2 (Pascal) ====
 +
 
 +
== February 17, 2016 ==
 +
 
 +
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 +
 
 +
=== Status ===
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Resources (Szymon P) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Platform UI (Lars or Dani) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Debug (Sarika) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Ant (Sarika) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Platform SWT (Arun) ====
 +
* Neon M6 bug fixes
 +
* Fixed a regression in 4.5.2 for RC4 [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=487687 (Bug 487687)]
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 +
 
 +
* Consumed with "signing" issues (e.g {{bug|487833}})
 +
 
 +
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 +
 
 +
==== JDT Debug (Sarika) ====
 +
 
 +
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
 +
 
 +
==== PDE (Vikas) ====
 +
* Neon M6 bug fixes
 +
 
 +
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Equinox p2 (Pascal) ====
 +
 
 +
== February 10, 2016 ==
  
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
* Samples on welcome page no longer load (CVS shutdown), see {{Bug|396429}}
+
* Should we adapt this template to reflect Platform Text and UI merge?
** Should we remove the samples page entirely?
+
** Dani: No. It was promised that read-only access stays. This includes anonymous HTTP for me ({{Bug|397237}}).
+
  
 
=== Status ===
 
=== Status ===
  
==== Platform Workspace (Szymon) ====
+
==== Platform Resources (Szymon P) ====
 +
* Two previously rejected CQs for JNA are now approved by EMO under the new version of the IP Policy. Waiting for the guidance how to proceed with this further to finish the integration with ssh-agents - {{bug|179924}}.
  
==== Platform UI (Paul) ====
+
==== Platform UI (Lars) ====
  
 
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
 
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
* vacations
 
  
==== Platform Debug (Mike / Pawel) ====
+
==== Platform Debug (Sarika) ====
 +
* Neon M6 Bug Fixing
  
==== Platform Ant (Mike) ====
+
==== Platform Ant (Sarika) ====
  
==== Platform SWT (Silenio) ====
+
==== Platform SWT (Arun) ====
 +
* Neon M6 bug fixes including HiDPI work in progress
 +
* Patch reviews
 +
* SWT updated to require Java 7 [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=483635 Bug 483635]
  
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 +
 +
* ICU4J was upgraded to 56.1 ({{bug|482922}}) Those that know other languages (and/or how to test them) might kick the tires a little to make sure the bundle was correctly assembled in Orbit.
 +
 +
* Added a new version of javax.annotation that "requires system.bundle". 2/10 Nighly will be the first build that it is in. No adverse effects expected ... but ... you never know. ({{bug|462686}})
 +
 +
* Cross-project work:
 +
: - Finished build of "Repo Tests and Reports" ({{bug|467449}})
 +
: - Proposed they move to CBI project ({{bug|487535}})
 +
: - Made first-draft build of b3 Aggregator Editor ({{bug|487478}})
 +
: - Proposed it move to CBI project ({{bug|487543}})
  
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
  
==== JDT Debug (Mike) ====
+
==== JDT Debug (Sarika) ====
 +
* Neon M6 Bug Fixing
 +
* Java 9 work
  
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
* vacations
 
  
==== PDE (Curtis) ====
+
==== PDE (Vikas) ====
 +
*  Neon M6 Bug Fixing
  
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
  
==== Equinox p2 (Ian Bull) ====
+
==== Equinox p2 (Pascal) ====
 +
== February 3, 2016 ==
  
 +
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
  
== January 2, 2013 ==
+
* Neon
 +
:* The deadline to submit CQs for Neon is February 12, 2016. Make sure to specify that the CQ is required for Neon.
 +
:* M6 is the API freeze milestone - make sure to address bugs that require API changes by then.
 +
:* Is the Platform ready for "equinox.bidi 1.0"? See {{bug|487047#c3}}
 +
:: - Some manifests and features will need to be adjusted, so needs to be coordinated.
 +
:: - And does the equinox.bidi bundle need work to "declare API"? Such as update @since tags?
 +
::: ''The decision was "yes", can bump up to 1.0. Tom was to open a bug to cover the work and the coordination, but turned out there was one left over from Juno! ({{bug|380397}})''
 +
::: ''And, I learned, ''@since'' tags are not needed for version 1.0, since that is implied. But, as Markus said, we will need to check to be sure its Javadoc is included in our documentation bundles.''
 +
* Mars
 +
:* Wednesday's 10 AM (Eastern) M-build is our Mars.2 RC3 candidate build -- and ideally our last for Mars.2.
 +
:: - Please [http://eclip.se/8U triage "4.5.2/Mars.2" bugs].
 +
:* Thursday is a one-day test pass against Mars.2 (4.5.2) RC3
 +
:* There will be no RC4 ''scheduled''. We will build RC4 "upon request" as soon as all approvals/reviews are done.
 +
:: - But 2/12 is last chance for us to contribute a "final build" to Sim. Release without disrupting schedules.
 +
 
 +
=== Status ===
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Resources (Szymon P) ====
 +
* 4.5.2 testing
 +
 
 +
==== Platform UI (Lars) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Debug (Sarika) ====
 +
* Neon M6 Bug fixing
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Ant (Sarika) ====
 +
* Neon M6 Bug fixing
 +
 
 +
==== Platform SWT (Arun) ====
 +
* Neon M5 and Mars.2 RC2 testing
 +
* Neon M6 bug fixes including HiDPI work in progress
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 +
 
 +
* Working on improving and automating "repository checker" (such as for "version checking", and similar quality checks).
 +
* Built "BETA_JAVA9" patch that works with M5 ({{bug|486749}})
 +
* Have created a [https://hudson.eclipse.org/releng/ "Releng HIPP"] to help migrate away from "shell access" -- over time. (Tracked in {{bug|487044}}.)
 +
 
 +
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 +
 
 +
==== JDT Debug (Sarika) ====
 +
* Java 9 Work
 +
* Neon M6 Bug fixing
 +
 
 +
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
 +
 
 +
==== PDE (Vikas) ====
 +
* Neon M6 Bug fixing
 +
 
 +
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Equinox p2 (Pascal) ====
 +
 
 +
== January 27, 2016 ==
  
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 +
 +
* What is the policy on increasing features versions that increase simply because they have a branding bundle? See {{bug|486616}} both for this question, as well as a "late report" on other bundles and features that may need to be "bumped" for Mars.2.
 +
* Neon M5 sign-off on Thursday
 +
* Mars.2 RC2 test pass on Thursday
 +
* PMC approval is needed for any change after Mars.2 RC2
  
 
=== Status ===
 
=== Status ===
  
==== Platform Workspace (Szymon) ====
+
==== Platform Resources (Szymon P) ====
 +
* Neon M5 testing
 +
* Can't join today due to conflicting meeting
  
==== Platform UI (Paul) ====
+
==== Platform UI (Lars) ====
  
 
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
 
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
 +
* Neon M5 Bug fixing and testing
  
==== Platform Debug (Mike / Pawel) ====
+
==== Platform Debug (Sarika) ====
 +
* Neon M5 Bug fixing and testing
  
==== Platform Ant (Mike) ====
+
==== Platform Ant (Sarika) ====
 +
* Neon M5 Bug fixing and testing
  
==== Platform SWT (Silenio) ====
+
==== Platform SWT (Arun) ====
  
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 +
* Moved about 12 bugs "out" to future milestones. Most minor, a few "P2".
 +
* Still plan to move to "released" version of CBI 1.1.3 for final M5 build {{bug|484495}}
  
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
* Backporting verify error fixes complete
+
* Neon M5 verification and testing
* Progress on Java 8 work
+
* Bug fixes and inbox tracking
+
  
==== JDT Debug (Mike) ====
+
==== JDT Debug (Sarika) ====
 +
* Neon M5 Bug fixing and testing
  
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
  
==== PDE (Curtis) ====
+
==== PDE (Vikas) ====
* API filters in projects will filter api use scan results ({{Bug|332772}})
+
  
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
  
==== Equinox p2 (Ian Bull) ====
+
==== Equinox p2 (Pascal) ====
  
== Archived Minutes ==  
+
== January 20, 2016 ==
  
[[Eclipse/Status_meetings/Minutes_2012|2012 Minutes]]
+
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 +
<ul>
 +
<li>ListenerList has been generified ({{bug|483340}}). ListenerList#getListeners() still returns Object[]. Clients should not only add type arguments to the ListenerList, but also convert usages of #getListeners() to an enhanced 'for' loop, thereby taking advantage of the type-safe #iterator().
 +
<ul><li>Old:<pre>
 +
Object[] listeners= fInputChangeListeners.getListeners();
 +
for (int i= 0; i < listeners.length; i++) {
 +
((IInputChangedListener) listeners[i]).inputChanged(fInput);
 +
}
 +
</pre></li>
 +
<li>New:<pre>
 +
for (IInputChangedListener listener : fInputChangeListeners) {
 +
listener.inputChanged(fInput);
 +
}
 +
</pre></li>
 +
<li>Regular expression to convert usages that followed the old recommendation:<pre>
 +
Search : Object\s*\[\]\s*(\w+)s\s*=\s*(\w+)\.getListeners\(\);\s*for\s*\(int\s*(\w+)\s*=\s*0;\s*\3\s*<\s*\1s\.length;\s*\3\+\+\)(\s*\{\s*)(?:\(\((\w+)\)\s*\1s\[\3\]\)|(\w+)\s*\1\s*=\s*\(\6\)\s*\1s\[\3\];\s*\1)\.([^}]+\})
 +
Replace: for (\5\6 \1 : \2)\4\1.\7
 +
</pre></li>
 +
</ul>
 +
<li>EventManager is a problem ({{bug|486067}}). I would deprecate it instead of trying to generify it. [Markus]</li>
 +
<li>Next week is Neon M5. The Bangalore team has a public holiday on Tuesday and will already test on Monday. Please don't release risky fixes on Monday, since we will have less cross-component test coverage for them.</li>
  
 +
=== Status ===
  
[[Category:Eclipse_Platform_Status_Meetings| ]]
+
==== Platform Resources (Szymon P) ====
  
 +
==== Platform UI (Lars) ====
  
<!-- Template for next week's status (add 7 days, then copy):
+
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
== January 9, 2013 ==
+
 
 +
==== Platform Debug (Sarika) ====
 +
* Neon M5 Bug Fixing
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Ant (Sarika) ====
 +
* Neon M5 Bug Fixing
 +
 
 +
==== Platform SWT (Arun) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 +
 
 +
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 +
* 4.5.2 Bug verification and testing
 +
* M5 Bug fixes
 +
 
 +
==== JDT Debug (Sarika) ====
 +
* Neon M5 Bug Fixing
 +
 
 +
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
 +
* Content Assist supports sub-string completion and proposals highlight the matching characters.
 +
 
 +
==== PDE (Vikas) ====
 +
* Neon M5 Bug Fixing
 +
 
 +
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 +
 
 +
==== Equinox p2 (Pascal) ====
 +
 
 +
 
 +
== January 6, 2016 ==
  
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 +
* Mars.2 RC1 next week (warm-up only - no test pass), see [https://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/development/plans/freeze_plan_4_5_2.php Eclipse Mars.2 (4.5.2) Endgame Plan] for details.
 +
* Dani: Happy New Year to everyone! Sorry, I can't join today due to a conflict.
  
 
=== Status ===
 
=== Status ===
  
==== Platform Workspace (Szymon) ====
+
==== Platform Resources (Szymon P) ====
  
==== Platform UI (Paul) ====
+
==== Platform UI (Lars) ====
  
 
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
 
==== Platform Text (Dani) ====
  
==== Platform Debug (Mike / Pawel) ====
+
==== Platform Debug (Sarika) ====
 +
* Neon M6 bug fixing
  
==== Platform Ant (Mike) ====
+
==== Platform Ant (Sarika) ====
 +
* Mars.2 Ant upgrade to 1.9.6
  
==== Platform SWT (Silenio) ====
+
==== Platform SWT (Arun) ====
 +
* Neon M5 and 4.5.2 bug fixes and patch reviews
  
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
  
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 +
* Neon M6 bug fixes
 +
* 4.5.2 back porting.
  
==== JDT Debug (Mike) ====
+
==== JDT Debug (Sarika) ====
 +
* Neon M6 bug fixing
 +
* Mars.2 backporting
  
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
 
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
  
==== PDE (Curtis) ====
+
==== PDE (Vikas) ====
  
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
  
==== Equinox p2 (Ian Bull) ====
+
==== Equinox p2 (Pascal) ====
 +
 
 +
== Archived Minutes ==
 +
 
 +
* [[Eclipse/Status_meetings/Minutes_2015|2015]]
 +
* [[Eclipse/Status_meetings/Minutes_2014|2014]]
 +
* [[Eclipse/Status_meetings/Minutes_2013|2013]]
 +
* [[Eclipse/Status_meetings/Minutes_2012|2012]]
 +
 
 +
[[Category:Eclipse_Platform_Status_Meetings| ]][[Category:Eclipse]]
 +
 
 +
 
 +
<!-- Template for next week's status (add 7 days, then copy):
 +
== April 27, 2016 ==
 +
 
 +
=== Discussion/Reminders ===
 +
 
 +
=== Status ===
 +
==== Platform Resources (Szymon P) ====
 +
==== Platform UI (Lars or Dani) ====
 +
==== Platform Debug (Sarika) ====
 +
==== Platform Ant (Sarika) ====
 +
==== Platform SWT (Arun) ====
 +
==== Platform Releng (David) ====
 +
==== JDT Core (Jay) ====
 +
==== JDT Debug (Sarika) ====
 +
==== JDT UI (Markus) ====
 +
==== PDE (Vikas) ====
 +
==== Equinox (Tom Watson) ====
 +
==== Equinox p2 (Pascal) ====
 
-->
 
-->

Latest revision as of 05:26, 27 April 2016

April 27, 2016

Discussion/Reminders

  • Should we shift schedule due to issues getting a "good I-build" on Tuesday? If so, half a day? A whole day?
  • Two changes made to Platform Hipp
- Have changed parent pom to use I-builds for "build-individual-bundles".
- Have changed Platform Hipp so that all the jobs there will use the "Eclipse mirror of maven central" bug 492502
  • During RC period, we only do I-builds, no N-builds. But, I do not recall, does that start "right after M7" or does that start "right after RC1"? (I'd recommend "right after M7", but thought it deserved discussion.)
- Dani: after M7
- Next Monday and Tuesday are test days. Component leads make sure to have a test plan that covers all Neon work.

Status

Platform Resources (Szymon P)

Platform UI (Lars or Dani)

Platform Debug (Sarika)

Platform Ant (Sarika)

Platform SWT (Arun)

Platform Releng (David)

JDT Core (Jay)

JDT Debug (Sarika)

JDT UI (Markus)

PDE (Vikas)

Equinox (Tom Watson)

Equinox p2 (Pascal)

April 13, 2016

Discussion/Reminders

Status

Platform Resources (Szymon P)

Platform UI (Lars or Dani)

Platform Debug (Sarika)

Platform Ant (Sarika)

Platform SWT (Arun)

  • M7 bug fixes

Platform Releng (David)

JDT Core (Jay)

JDT Debug (Sarika)

JDT UI (Markus)

PDE (Vikas)

Equinox (Tom Watson)

Equinox p2 (Pascal)

March 23, 2016

Discussion/Reminders

Status

Platform Resources (Szymon P)

Platform UI (Lars or Dani)

Platform Debug (Sarika)

Platform Ant (Sarika)

Platform SWT (Arun)

  • M6 verification
  • M7 bug fixes and patch reviews

Platform Releng (David)

JDT Core (Jay)

  • M6 bug fixes
  • Java 9 work

JDT Debug (Sarika)

JDT UI (Markus)

PDE (Vikas)

Equinox (Tom Watson)

Equinox p2 (Pascal)

March 16, 2016

Discussion/Reminders

  • [Markus] bug 477575: As standard procedure, switch "gerrit build reference" to I-build during milestones
    • As we had to learn in bug 489493 comment 5, this is really necessary, because the absence of N-builds can break Gerrit jobs.
  • [Syzmon/Markus] The milestone week is a lockdown week, where we only push fixes for regressions or major problems, but not regular feature work. Component leads must monitor their repositories and remind misbehaving committers. Every committer can and should revert commits that violate the rules.

Status

Platform Resources (Szymon P)

Platform UI (Lars or Dani)

Platform Debug (Sarika)

Platform Ant (Sarika)

Platform SWT (Arun)

  • preliminary HiDPI support has been released for Win32 and GTK

Platform Releng (David)

JDT Core (Jay)

JDT Debug (Sarika)

JDT UI (Markus)

PDE (Vikas)

  • M6 bugs

Equinox (Tom Watson)

Equinox p2 (Pascal)

March 2, 2016

Discussion/Reminders

  • Are we meeting next week?
Yes, will still have the time reserved, even though several of us can not make the call.
  • bug 488787 Do we want an official update site with patched feature for 4.5.2 stream?
Will have one "ready", but just note it in bug, not automatic update, not widely advertised, since effects only a special case.
  • bug 179924 Do we want to introduce "JDK internals" (via 3rd party bundles)?
Will continue "holding" until we hear from developer of those 3rd party bundles.
  • bug 488667 Do we want to continue testing "delta pack"?
David to work with Vikas to create the delta pack during tests (just as we tell users they can do, if they want to continue using it).

Status

Platform Resources (Szymon P)

Platform UI (Lars or Dani)

Platform Debug (Sarika)

Platform Ant (Sarika)

Platform SWT (Arun)

Platform Releng (David)

JDT Core (Jay)

JDT Debug (Sarika)

JDT UI (Markus)

PDE (Vikas)

  • 4.6 M6 bug fixing & reviews

Equinox (Tom Watson)

Equinox p2 (Pascal)

February 24, 2016

Discussion/Reminders

Status

Platform Resources (Szymon P)

  • 4.6 M6 bug fixing.
  • Working on the integration with ssh-agents - bug 179924.

Platform UI (Lars or Dani)

Platform Debug (Sarika)

Platform Ant (Sarika)

Platform SWT (Arun)

  • Neon M6 bug fixes
  • Patch reviews

Platform Releng (David)

JDT Core (Jay)

JDT Debug (Sarika)

JDT UI (Markus)

PDE (Vikas)

  • 4.6 M6 bug fixing.

Equinox (Tom Watson)

Equinox p2 (Pascal)

February 17, 2016

Discussion/Reminders

Status

Platform Resources (Szymon P)

Platform UI (Lars or Dani)

Platform Debug (Sarika)

Platform Ant (Sarika)

Platform SWT (Arun)

  • Neon M6 bug fixes
  • Fixed a regression in 4.5.2 for RC4 (Bug 487687)

Platform Releng (David)

JDT Core (Jay)

JDT Debug (Sarika)

JDT UI (Markus)

PDE (Vikas)

  • Neon M6 bug fixes

Equinox (Tom Watson)

Equinox p2 (Pascal)

February 10, 2016

Discussion/Reminders

  • Should we adapt this template to reflect Platform Text and UI merge?

Status

Platform Resources (Szymon P)

  • Two previously rejected CQs for JNA are now approved by EMO under the new version of the IP Policy. Waiting for the guidance how to proceed with this further to finish the integration with ssh-agents - bug 179924.

Platform UI (Lars)

Platform Text (Dani)

Platform Debug (Sarika)

  • Neon M6 Bug Fixing

Platform Ant (Sarika)

Platform SWT (Arun)

  • Neon M6 bug fixes including HiDPI work in progress
  • Patch reviews
  • SWT updated to require Java 7 Bug 483635

Platform Releng (David)

  • ICU4J was upgraded to 56.1 (bug 482922) Those that know other languages (and/or how to test them) might kick the tires a little to make sure the bundle was correctly assembled in Orbit.
  • Added a new version of javax.annotation that "requires system.bundle". 2/10 Nighly will be the first build that it is in. No adverse effects expected ... but ... you never know. (bug 462686)
  • Cross-project work:
- Finished build of "Repo Tests and Reports" (bug 467449)
- Proposed they move to CBI project (bug 487535)
- Made first-draft build of b3 Aggregator Editor (bug 487478)
- Proposed it move to CBI project (bug 487543)

JDT Core (Jay)

JDT Debug (Sarika)

  • Neon M6 Bug Fixing
  • Java 9 work

JDT UI (Markus)

PDE (Vikas)

  • Neon M6 Bug Fixing

Equinox (Tom Watson)

Equinox p2 (Pascal)

February 3, 2016

Discussion/Reminders

  • Neon
  • The deadline to submit CQs for Neon is February 12, 2016. Make sure to specify that the CQ is required for Neon.
  • M6 is the API freeze milestone - make sure to address bugs that require API changes by then.
  • Is the Platform ready for "equinox.bidi 1.0"? See bug 487047#c3
- Some manifests and features will need to be adjusted, so needs to be coordinated.
- And does the equinox.bidi bundle need work to "declare API"? Such as update @since tags?
The decision was "yes", can bump up to 1.0. Tom was to open a bug to cover the work and the coordination, but turned out there was one left over from Juno! (bug 380397)
And, I learned, @since tags are not needed for version 1.0, since that is implied. But, as Markus said, we will need to check to be sure its Javadoc is included in our documentation bundles.
  • Mars
  • Wednesday's 10 AM (Eastern) M-build is our Mars.2 RC3 candidate build -- and ideally our last for Mars.2.
- Please triage "4.5.2/Mars.2" bugs.
  • Thursday is a one-day test pass against Mars.2 (4.5.2) RC3
  • There will be no RC4 scheduled. We will build RC4 "upon request" as soon as all approvals/reviews are done.
- But 2/12 is last chance for us to contribute a "final build" to Sim. Release without disrupting schedules.

Status

Platform Resources (Szymon P)

  • 4.5.2 testing

Platform UI (Lars)

Platform Text (Dani)

Platform Debug (Sarika)

  • Neon M6 Bug fixing

Platform Ant (Sarika)

  • Neon M6 Bug fixing

Platform SWT (Arun)

  • Neon M5 and Mars.2 RC2 testing
  • Neon M6 bug fixes including HiDPI work in progress

Platform Releng (David)

  • Working on improving and automating "repository checker" (such as for "version checking", and similar quality checks).
  • Built "BETA_JAVA9" patch that works with M5 (bug 486749)
  • Have created a "Releng HIPP" to help migrate away from "shell access" -- over time. (Tracked in bug 487044.)

JDT Core (Jay)

JDT Debug (Sarika)

  • Java 9 Work
  • Neon M6 Bug fixing

JDT UI (Markus)

PDE (Vikas)

  • Neon M6 Bug fixing

Equinox (Tom Watson)

Equinox p2 (Pascal)

January 27, 2016

Discussion/Reminders

  • What is the policy on increasing features versions that increase simply because they have a branding bundle? See bug 486616 both for this question, as well as a "late report" on other bundles and features that may need to be "bumped" for Mars.2.
  • Neon M5 sign-off on Thursday
  • Mars.2 RC2 test pass on Thursday
  • PMC approval is needed for any change after Mars.2 RC2

Status

Platform Resources (Szymon P)

  • Neon M5 testing
  • Can't join today due to conflicting meeting

Platform UI (Lars)

Platform Text (Dani)

  • Neon M5 Bug fixing and testing

Platform Debug (Sarika)

  • Neon M5 Bug fixing and testing

Platform Ant (Sarika)

  • Neon M5 Bug fixing and testing

Platform SWT (Arun)

Platform Releng (David)

  • Moved about 12 bugs "out" to future milestones. Most minor, a few "P2".
  • Still plan to move to "released" version of CBI 1.1.3 for final M5 build bug 484495

JDT Core (Jay)

  • Neon M5 verification and testing

JDT Debug (Sarika)

  • Neon M5 Bug fixing and testing

JDT UI (Markus)

PDE (Vikas)

Equinox (Tom Watson)

Equinox p2 (Pascal)

January 20, 2016

Discussion/Reminders

  • ListenerList has been generified (bug 483340). ListenerList#getListeners() still returns Object[]. Clients should not only add type arguments to the ListenerList, but also convert usages of #getListeners() to an enhanced 'for' loop, thereby taking advantage of the type-safe #iterator().
    • Old:
      		Object[] listeners= fInputChangeListeners.getListeners();
      		for (int i= 0; i < listeners.length; i++) {
      			((IInputChangedListener) listeners[i]).inputChanged(fInput);
      		}
      
    • New:
      		for (IInputChangedListener listener : fInputChangeListeners) {
      			listener.inputChanged(fInput);
      		}
      
    • Regular expression to convert usages that followed the old recommendation:
       Search : Object\s*\[\]\s*(\w+)s\s*=\s*(\w+)\.getListeners\(\);\s*for\s*\(int\s*(\w+)\s*=\s*0;\s*\3\s*<\s*\1s\.length;\s*\3\+\+\)(\s*\{\s*)(?:\(\((\w+)\)\s*\1s\[\3\]\)|(\w+)\s*\1\s*=\s*\(\6\)\s*\1s\[\3\];\s*\1)\.([^}]+\})
       Replace: for (\5\6 \1 : \2)\4\1.\7
      
  • EventManager is a problem (bug 486067). I would deprecate it instead of trying to generify it. [Markus]
  • Next week is Neon M5. The Bangalore team has a public holiday on Tuesday and will already test on Monday. Please don't release risky fixes on Monday, since we will have less cross-component test coverage for them.
  • Status

    Platform Resources (Szymon P)

    Platform UI (Lars)

    Platform Text (Dani)

    Platform Debug (Sarika)

    • Neon M5 Bug Fixing

    Platform Ant (Sarika)

    • Neon M5 Bug Fixing

    Platform SWT (Arun)

    Platform Releng (David)

    JDT Core (Jay)

    • 4.5.2 Bug verification and testing
    • M5 Bug fixes

    JDT Debug (Sarika)

    • Neon M5 Bug Fixing

    JDT UI (Markus)

    • Content Assist supports sub-string completion and proposals highlight the matching characters.

    PDE (Vikas)

    • Neon M5 Bug Fixing

    Equinox (Tom Watson)

    Equinox p2 (Pascal)

    January 6, 2016

    Discussion/Reminders

    • Mars.2 RC1 next week (warm-up only - no test pass), see Eclipse Mars.2 (4.5.2) Endgame Plan for details.
    • Dani: Happy New Year to everyone! Sorry, I can't join today due to a conflict.

    Status

    Platform Resources (Szymon P)

    Platform UI (Lars)

    Platform Text (Dani)

    Platform Debug (Sarika)

    • Neon M6 bug fixing

    Platform Ant (Sarika)

    • Mars.2 Ant upgrade to 1.9.6

    Platform SWT (Arun)

    • Neon M5 and 4.5.2 bug fixes and patch reviews

    Platform Releng (David)

    JDT Core (Jay)

    • Neon M6 bug fixes
    • 4.5.2 back porting.

    JDT Debug (Sarika)

    • Neon M6 bug fixing
    • Mars.2 backporting

    JDT UI (Markus)

    PDE (Vikas)

    Equinox (Tom Watson)

    Equinox p2 (Pascal)

    Archived Minutes