Some documents written and/or used by the PMC:
The Eclipse Project PMC has a weekly phone meeting every wednesday at 10.30am EST.
February 26, 2014 - Alex, John, Martin, McQ
- John: Orion Release this week
- Alex: Eclipse on ARM64
- Launcher and core.net at first
- Had ports for other architectures in source form in the past, risk to get stale but helps getting the ball rolling
- John: Quite a lot steps to make a new Platform real - constants in OSGi, ... - but can happen piecemeal eg only do SWT first
- Martin: Would make sense to document the required steps for adding a new Platform while doing the job
- At least, write up the TODO list - in order to make it easier the next time
- Should ask Tom Watson about OSGi constants
- Dani: Update on GTK 3+ issue - bug filed against GTK, working on a workaround for fallback but not yet finished
- Alex: Fix in GTK3 alone wouldn't work because SWT overrides GTK in that part
- McQ: If SWT API can't be implemented on top of new GTK API any more, discussion needs to happen
- If SWT does something wrong, would need pointers to what they should be doing instead...
- Maybe a couple phone calls to talk through the technical details
- Don't fight over things ... figure out what's the right thing to do, and just do it
February 19, 2014 - Dani, Alex, Martin, John
- Dani: Silenio to work on GTK issue?
- John: GTK testing at the Eclipse Foundation
- John: e4 ML discussion about graduating some tools
- Model Editor, CSS Editor, CSS Spy, ...
- Fairly late, but risk is rather low -- suggest putting into PDE
- Dani concerns: No PDE committers available for handholding - and stuff is not polished; even Lars sees it in Luna+1
- John: These tools would only be used by people building RCP apps
- Martin: What is the goal of trying to graduate?
- If it's just about getting more exposure, perhaps keep in incubation and add to the RCP EPP Package ?
- Alex would like adding new people / interested contributors to PDE
February 5, 2014 - McQ, Dani, Martin, Alex
- Dani: Confcall Numbers: Skype into the US tollfree; Alex use SIP
- Martin: Eclipse 4 vs Eclipse 3.x - will file defects
- Alex: Testing on modern Linux
January 22, 2014 - John, Dani, Alex, Martin
- John, Alex: New GTK 3.10 breaking Eclipse on latest Fedora
- Alex been looking at Browser
- Some Views not showing up - Silenio just back yesterday
- Dani: For 4.4m5 and 4.3.2, will document issues in the README
- Considered a fallback to "gtk2" support in the Launcher, but that was considered too risky
- Silenio might have a workaround ... OK if the new code can be added conditionally for GTK 3.10 only
- Dani: M5 Status
- Still many open bugs not triaged - component leads should triage earlier
January 15, 2014 - McQ, Andrew, Dani, Martin
- Dani: Lakshmi (SWT Team) going on maternity leave - SWT still a decent team of 4
- Andrew: PMC Participation - Suggestion
January 8, 2014 - Dani, Martin, Andrew, John, McQ
- Dani: API Freeze with M6 on March 7, but JDT cannot put Java 8 stuff in before (March 18) thus will have to ask for an exception