Some documents written and/or used by the PMC:
The Eclipse Project PMC has a weekly phone meeting every wednesday at 10.30am EST.
February 6, 2013 - John, Dani, Martin
- John: M5a and SR2 RC4
- John: Pawel and Platform / Debug work (Pin & Clone)
- Only adopt when it's really ready and satisfies all criteria, otherwise not into Kepler
- Maybe pull out Debug plugins into a feature of their own ?
January 30, 2013 - McQ, John, Dani, Martin, Andrew
- John: SR2 RC3 looking good - want to know about any remaining issues
- Dani: Java 8 Update - Markus Keller will move from JDT UI to JDT Core, taking over JSR-308
- John: NODE Dependency in Orion (exempt pre-req)
- Not shipping NODE ourselves, pushing to NODE package manager instead (or clone from git)
- Andrew: Is it a workswith ?
- Martin: Is there any overlap with the Java portion ?
- The server code is completely distinct from Java, but the same client can interact with both
January 24, 2013 -
- Martin: 4.3 and 3.8 dual-stream - Webtools project plan
- egit, mylyn, dtp have been doing both n + n-1 for a long time
- Technically, running on both should be possible if Platform API is used (except for the changes in Theming)
- The Eclipse Community needs to advance the latest (4.3)
- IBM product teams have been told not to forward at all if they can't forward to 4.x - shipping on 4.2
- John: Having wider ranges of tolerance is something we should be able to do (otherwise our plugin system is failing)
- John: Java8 will be the first killer feature in 4.x
- Dani: Java 8
- Will provide feature patches as soon as it makes sense - early draft, participating in expert group
- Want to have the compiler and editor ready when Java 8 goes GA - initial refactoring etc in SR1 - full feature set in the next release
- John: CBI update
- Consider switch after M5
January 17, 2013 - McQ, John, Martin
- John: bug 397896 EPP vs Classic
- Could volunteer to own the EPP package from Platform POV
- Then Wayne would own the decision of RCP/RAP vs Classic - what's the difference, keep both or unify
- John: Test Failures on I-Builds
- Move away tests that have been failing for 9 months
- Dani: Most tests are actually down to 0 failures
- John: CBI / Maven Builds
- Appears to be fragile at the moment - Maven .micro releases are breaking the build!
January 10, 2013 - McQ, John, Dani, Martin
- McQ: CBI - Switching Platform build to CBI for SR2 is not doable
- Want to make CBI work for Juno since it's the LTS stream
- CBI SDK builds are good at this point, it's only a couple of minor issues (shape of repos, download page, ...
- When to switch to CBI in the Kepler Stream ? - Proposal do do it immediately
- CBI patches waiting for Platform to pick up
January 3, 2013 - McQ, Andrew, John, Dani
- Andrew will recommend good conferences to promote Orion