Skip to main content
Jump to: navigation, search

Eclipse/PMC

Meeting Schedule

The Eclipse Project PMC has a weekly phone meeting every wednesday at 10.30am EST.

Meeting Minutes

Jan 28:

  • Java 6
    • move reference platform to Sun 6u11
      • problem(?): Sun added 3 new items added that are licensed LGPL or GPL
      • Martin to add comment to bug to identify this issue
    • ICU 4.0
      • we will stay with 4.0
    • Deprecation Policy
      • still under discussion
    • Use of internal provisional
      • seems to be some consensus about *not* requiring this
    • JDT co-leadership
      • what is the process?
        • Jeff: vote in community; then propose to the PMC
        • Would like to get Dani Meghert involved.
        • Philippe will check development process documents
    • Cocoa port
      • Looking good
      • Taking early access off and making it the "first" choice for Mac downloads
    • Milestone progress / 3.4.2
      • Need to discuss M5 in arch call (should have done this last week)
      • Should always remind the team in the arch call of upcoming deadlines
      • Performance issues that need API to fix have to happen by M6
        • Teams should understand performance results (will be discussed in a couple of weeks)
    • Re: Reference Platforms
      • Java6 on Solaris
        • Martin's company would like to support this

Jan 21:

  • How should we track meeting minutes topic - Wiki
  • Provisional API conventions - Jeff working on bug 261874 for discussion at the AC
    • should there be a tag in the Javadoc (ie. "experimental")?
    • Jeff wants to keep the concerns "conventions" vs "Javadoc" separate
    • Jeff, "... Javadoc should not be generated for provisional ..."
    • Martin disagrees, "... need feedback and discussion for new API ..."
  • What is the role of the PMC lead?
    • global view of components/processes
    • organize architecture call, ensure we are on track
    • spark conversations (ie. M5 is feature freeze)
  • Reference platforms
    • we should choose JDK1.6, "update 11" rather than "update 4"
    • around "RC time", solidify the reference platform (it is the one we are testing on)

Jan 14:

  • PMC component ownership x bugzilla pmc authorization

Back to the top