This page is intended to become a hub to collect information about Eclipse project APIs. To start, here are some links:
- How to use the Eclipse API Guidelines for using Eclipse APIs to ensure that your code will keep working as Eclipse evolves.
- Evolving Java-based APIs Guidelines for how to evolve Java-based APIs while maintaining compatibility with existing client code.
- Eclipse APIs: Line in the Sand (pdf) The philosophy, psychology, and sociology of APIs, EclipseCON 2004 presentation by Jim des Rivieres
- API First (pdf) Best practices for API development based, EclipseCON 2005 presentation by Jim des Rivieres
- Late-breaking 3.2 API changes
- Provisional API Guidelines
- API Tutorial at EclipseCon 2006