Difference between revisions of "Eclipse/API Central"
(→Useful links: added link to Eclipse Dev. Process discussion of Quality APIs)
Revision as of 10:34, 23 October 2009
This page is a hub to collect information about Eclipse Project APIs.
- How to use the Eclipse API Guidelines for using Eclipse APIs to ensure that your code will keep working as Eclipse evolves.
- Evolving Java-based APIs Guidelines for how to evolve Java-based APIs while maintaining compatibility with existing client code.
- Javadoc How to write Javadoc
- Provisional API Guidelines
- Policy on use of Export-Package
- OSGi API Guidelines
- API Javadoc tags
- Version Numbering Guidelines on how to assign and evolve plug-in version numbers
- SPI description
- Eclipse APIs: Line in the Sand (pdf) The philosophy, psychology, and sociology of APIs, EclipseCON 2004 presentation by Jim des Rivieres
- API First (pdf) Best practices for API development based, EclipseCON 2005 presentation by Jim des Rivieres
- API Tutorial 2006 at EclipseCon
- Eclipse APIs and Java 5 EclipseCon 2007 presentation
- PDE UI Incubator ApiTools Compare
- Eclipse Development Process and Quality APIs