This project "Diagram Layout in eTrice with KIELER" aims at improving the Graphical User Interface of eTrice ( a project under the Eclipse Modelling Domain intended towards implementation of the ROOM modelling language) by providing automatic lay-outing of ROOM diagrams in it's graphical editors. The lay-outing algorithms being employed are available under the KIELER project, which provides a lot of infrastructure for configuration and execution of layouts in various graphical editors in eclipse (eg: GMF and Graphiti based editors).
The deliverables of the project would be :
- Fully functional graphical editor for eTrice for modelling hierarchical Structures of actors with automatic lay-outing feature using KIELER framework.
- Fully functional graphical editor for eTrice for modelling hierarchical State Machine Diagram (behaviour) of actors with automatic lay-outing feature using KIELER framework.
- User will be provided the following methods to use the feature:
- A toolbar and menu action to trigger layout on the active diagram.
- A "Layout" view for layout option configuration.
- User Documentation for how to use these features in both the editors.
- Developer's Documentation for explaining the current implementation ( to facilitate any changes to be made in future and re-usability of the present code )
- Resources (proper interfaces) for further extending the features of the editors by using the KiVi, KSBasE and KLighD Frameworks (provided by KIELER).
- Documentation for the above resources for facilitating the extension.
- Tests for proving bug-freeness of the developed feature.
The following calender shows the details of the various tasks to be completed and the deadlines during the project tenure :-
Click Here to see the project proposal at GSoC's website .
eTrice Project Links
KIELER Project Links
- KIELER Home
- KIELER Project Wiki : Contains links for all sub-projects
- KIELER Git Repository on Gitrious