Oomph eTrice Setup
Prerequisites: Java 1.8 (for developers preferably a JDK).
1. Download and run Oomph installer in Advanced Mode
2. Select desired Eclipse product + version, e.g. product Eclipse IDE for Eclipse Committer and version from build config in git: Tycho/Maven pom.xml
3. Optional for commiters: set your git ssh key
4. Download the eTrice setup file ETrice.setup and add & select it in the oomph catalog
6. Configure your personal installation
TODO: add eTrice to official Eclipse catalog
Local Build and Tests
Once you performed the above steps and have checked 'Build Automatically' Eclipse PDE will do the build for you and you will be able to launch a runtime workbench containing the eTrice plug-ins.
Junit based tests can be launched directly from Eclipse as usual.
However, there are also end-to-end tests for the generators which have to be executed using Gradle. In order to do so you can e.g. execute Gradle from a command shell. On windows it is recommended to substitute the root directory of the eTrice sources with a drive letter (
subst X: C:/path/to/etrice/sources).
gradle --rerun-tasks clean build