- All EPP Packages for the Galileo release are build from p2 repositories with the p2 director.
- Every package is defined by
- a feature
- a branding plug-in
- a epp.product file that is used to generate the EPP p2 repository
- a eclipse_PACKAGENAME_galileo.xml file (the old EPP config file) that is used for generating the website only.
- [currently] EPP p2 repository: http://download.eclipse.org/technology/epp/packages/galileo/milestones/
EPP uses the following p2 repositories:
- Galileo Staging: http://download.eclipse.org/releases/staging/
- EPP p2 repository: http://download.eclipse.org/technology/epp/packages/galileo/milestones/
- The CDT repository: http://download.eclipse.org/tools/cdt/updates/galileo/ (this is necessary because the Linux x86_64 are not available from the Galileo repository)
Local Package Build
A local package build is the same as running the p2 director on the above p2 repositories and installing special root IU's from the repositories. Available root IU's: epp.package.cpp, epp.package.java, epp.package.jee, epp.package.modeling, epp.package.php, epp.package.pulsar, epp.package.rcp, epp.package.reporting.