|Edit this menu|
STRATEGY Meeting Logistics
|Berlin, Stockholm, Salzburg||5:00:00 PM||UTC+1 hours|
|Helsinki (Finland)||6:00:00 PM||UTC+2 hours|
|London (UK)||4:00:00 PM||UTC+0 hour|
|San Francisco (USA. - California)||8:00:00 AM||UTC-8 hours|
|Sao Paulo (Brazil - São Paulo)||12:00:00 AM||UTC-2 hours|
Click here for Complete Listing of World Clock Timezones.
- US & Canada: 1877 825 8522
- UK: 0808 234 7914
- Brazil: 0800 891 6634
- Finland: 0800 11 6433
- Sweden: 020 79 3867 or 020 088 4643
- More international call-in Numbers, see: EMIWG/InternationalDialInNumbers
International Toll Number: US: +1 702 495 1500
- Motorola (Christian Kurzke)
- Nokia (Ronnie King)
- RIM (Jon Dearden, Ken Wallis)
- Sony/Ericsson (Thomas Westling)
- Symbian (Paul ?)
- Eclipse Foundation (Ian)
- IBM /eRCP (Mark Rogalski)
- Ericsson (Elena Fersman)
Roll Call and Review of the Agenda (5 Minutes)
(anyone have some last minute Agenda items)
- Successful Galileo Release
- Galileo SR1 Release (3.5.1) scheduled for September 25th
- Next Eclipse Release, June 2010 is called Helios
Next Topics for Pulsar
In SR1 Timeframe:
- Increase number of SDKs (RIM, S/E, others?)
- More flexible (server based?) SDK discovery. Talk with Mylyn project, see if we can cooperate on discovery mechanisms?
- Focus on Native
- Expand "Mobile Java" beyond MIDLETs
Things to explore:
- Expand Scope beyond SDKs providers to "3rd party tools providers", include companies which provide "value add" on top of SDKs.
What do current WG members want to see in Pulsar for 2010
- Nokia: Strong Focus on Native (Symbian) development, Ramp up discussions around Symbian
- RIM: Java beyond Midlets
- Sony/Ericsson: Value Add Toolchains
- Symbian: Drive the C++ support
Creation of Focused "Topic" reports
Proposal Ian/Christian: Create focused "topics" in Pulsar and assign interested parties to create proposals for the Pulsar WG agenda.
Goal: Present a "Discussion Paper" on given topic by next Pulsar call in ~4 weeks. Each paper should research some background and include a proposal for work in the Helios timeframe. Goal is not to "Commit to work", but needs to be realistic scope and create a discussion around which features are desired in Pulsar.
- "Native Development": Leaders Paul/Ronnie
- "Java": Leaders Christian/Ken
- "SDK Discovery": Leaders Christian/Ian
- "Toolchains beyond SDKs": Leaders Ian/?
Ian: *When to start officially promote pulsar? SR1?
New Member Introduction
Elena Fersman (Ericsson): Leading the Developer program for Ericsson, responsible for Developer Tools, mainly Java SDK, but also WebSDK (REST services etc). Interested in possibly participating in SR1 SDK release.
Due by next conference Call, mid August:
Christian, Gustavo: Draft a SR1 release schedule, showing the "SDK delivery" timeframes, testing period, etc. Extrapolate from Galileo Schedule.
Ian: Draft Marketing plan for SR1
Christian, Ken: Pulsar Java Discussion Topic Paper
Paul, Ronnie: Pulsar Native Discussion Topic Paper
Ian, (Christian), Gustavo: Improving SDK Discovery Topic Paper
Ian, ???: Extending Pulsar beyond SDKs Topic Paper
Due to Summer Break and recovery from Galileo, next conference call scheduled for ~4 weeks from today. Then, resume usual bi-weekly call schedule to ramp up for SR1