Using Eclipse Release Update Site (Recommended)
To install the latest EMF Facet release, just point your Install Manager to the default eclipse predefined update site: http://download.eclipse.org/releases/__release_name__. For instance:
- in an Indigo 3.7 installation the update site will be :
Then, you can select the "EMF Facet SDK (Incubation)" feature under the "Modeling" category.
Update site locations
- Update sites
- Alternative update sites
- milestones 0.1.x: http://download.eclipse.org/facet/updates/milestones/0.1
- milestones 0.2.x: http://download.eclipse.org/facet/updates/milestones/0.2
- nightly (trunk, 0.2.0): http://download.eclipse.org/facet/updates/nightly/
- nightly (branches/0_1, 0.1.1): http://download.eclipse.org/facet/updates/nightly-maintenance/
Update site uses
The releases update site :
- contains the release (GA) and the service releases (SR): GA, SR1, SR2 ;
- must be used by all the regular users.
The milestones update sites:
- contain the milestones and release candidates: M1, M2, M3, M4, M5, M6, M7, RC1, RC2, RC3, RC4 (=GA), SR1 RC1, SR1 RC2, SR1 RC3, SR1 RC4 (=SR1), SR2 RC1, SR2 RC2, SR2 RC3, SR2 RC4 (=SR2) ;
- must be used by the other Eclipse projects' builds (release and milestones) ;
- are referenced by Indigo b3aggrcon file and Juno b3aggrcon file.
The nightly update sites:
- contain the build of the SVN head ;
- can be used to test a not-yet-released fix of a bug ;
- must not be used to build any product release;
- should be used by integration builds of the other release train members a few days before the milestones and release candidates to detect bugs or regressions.
Using an archived update Site (Not Recommended)
You can download the archive of the EMF Facet updates sites form the EMF Facet download page but you will have to resolve the dependencies and find the corresponding archived update sites. The EMF Facet team does not provide the list of the archived update sites to download to satisfy the dependencies, because it is too complicated to maintain. That's why this kind of installation is not recommended.
- 0.1.0 documentation (the documentation of the components copied from MoDisco is missing, please have a look at:Facet Manger, Query Manger, Customization)
- New and Noteworthy
- Head documentation: documentation in progress for the next version (0.2.0)
Screencasts & Slides
- EMF Facet 0.1.0, Eclipse DemoCamp Indigo in Nantes, 2011
- (frensh) MDT : Papyrus : état actuel et perspectives: Les journées NEPTUNE, May 2011.
- A presentation of Papyrus and of the use of the EMF Facet table by Papyrus.
- EMF Facet - A Non-Intrusive Tooling to Extend Metamodels, EMF Facet EclipseCon 2011 Audition, December, 2010.
- EMF Facet - A Non-Intrusive Tooling to Extend Metamodels: Eclipse Summit Europe 2010, November, 2010.
- EMF Facet Project Proposal
- Project Provisioning
- Creation review docuware
- Project metrics
- API Policy
- EMFFacet UI issues
- EMFFacet Accessibility issues
- IP Log (Indigo)
- 0.1.0 Release review docuware
- Indigo Release Train Requirement Conformance Summary
- Ramp down policy
- Web documentation update
- Test scenarios
- Releng : How to Use
- Non enhancement opened bugs sort by importance (P1=planed for the next milestone, P2=planed for the next release, P3=not planned yet, P4=planed for the next "non service" release, P5=delayed)
- Enhancement opened bugs sort by importance (P1=planed for the next milestone, P2=planed for the next release, P3=not planned yet, P4=planed for the next "non service" release, P5=delayed).
- Bugs not flaged indigo+ (must be empty)
EMF Facet uses the MoDisco Developer Guide.
Developers mailing list: https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/emft-dev