- 1 Overview
- 2 Install
- 3 Documentation
- 3.1 User documentation
- 3.2 Screencasts & Slides
- 3.3 Project documents
- 4 Support
- 5 Getting Involved
Using Eclipse Release Update Site (Recommended)
To install the latest EMF Facet release, just point your Install Manager to the pre-defined Eclipse simultaneous release update site: http://download.eclipse.org/releases/__release_name__. For instance:
- in an Indigo 3.7 installation the update site will be : http://download.eclipse.org/releases/indigo/
- in an Juno 4.2 installation the update site will be :
Then, you can select the "EMF Facet SDK (Incubation)" feature under the "Modeling" category.
Update site locations
- Update sites:
- Alternative update sites:
- milestones 0.3.x: http://download.eclipse.org/facet/updates/milestones/0.3
- nightly (trunk, 0.3.0, Kepler): http://download.eclipse.org/facet/updates/nightly/
- nightly-maintenance (branches/0_2_1, 0.2.1, Juno): http://download.eclipse.org/facet/updates/nightly-maintenance/
Update site uses
The releases update site :
- contains the release (GA) and the service releases (SR1, SR2, etc.)
- should be used by all regular users
The milestones update sites:
- contain the milestones and release candidates: M1, M2, M3, M4, M5, M6, M7, RC1, RC2, RC3, RC4 (=GA), SR1 RC1, SR1 RC2, SR1 RC3, SR1 RC4 (=SR1), SR2 RC1, SR2 RC2, SR2 RC3, SR2 RC4 (=SR2)
- must be used by the builds of other Eclipse projects
- are referenced by Indigo b3aggrcon file and Juno b3aggrcon file.
The nightly update sites:
- contain the build of the SVN head (latest SVN revision)
- can be used to test a not-yet-released feature or bug fix
- must not be used to build any product release
- should be used by integration builds of the other release train members a few days before the milestones and release candidates to detect bugs or regressions.
Using an archived update Site (Not Recommended)
You can download the archive of the EMF Facet updates sites from the EMF Facet download page but you will have to resolve the dependencies and find the corresponding archived update sites manually. The EMF Facet team does not provide the list of the archived update sites needed to satisfy the dependencies, because it is too complicated to maintain. That's why this kind of installation is not recommended.
- 0.1.0 documentation (the documentation of the components copied from MoDisco is missing; please have a look at: Facet Manager, Query Manager, Customization)
- New and Noteworthy
- Head documentation: documentation in progress for the next version (0.2.0)
Screencasts & Slides
- EMF Facet 0.1.0, Eclipse DemoCamp Indigo in Nantes, 2011
- (frensh) MDT : Papyrus : état actuel et perspectives: Les journées NEPTUNE, May 2011.
- A presentation of Papyrus and of the use of the EMF Facet table by Papyrus.
- EMF Facet - A Non-Intrusive Tooling to Extend Metamodels, EMF Facet EclipseCon 2011 Audition, December, 2010.
- EMF Facet - A Non-Intrusive Tooling to Extend Metamodels: Eclipse Summit Europe 2010, November, 2010.
Release Train Required Documents
- IP Log (Indigo)
- 0.1.0 Release review docuware
- Indigo Release Train Requirement Conformance Summary
- Ramp down policy
Useful release train's documentations
- Involved project description list
- Involved project version and offset list
- The Eclipse Simultaneous Release
- Indigo_Simultaneous_Release (contains the calendar)
Useful release train's documentations
Project Creation Documents
EMF Facet uses the MoDisco Developer Guide.
Developers mailing list: https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/emft-dev
- Web documentation update
- Test scenarios
- Releng : How to Use
- Non enhancement opened bugs sort by importance (P1=planed for the next milestone, P2=planed for the next release, P3=not planned yet, P4=planed for the next "non service" release, P5=delayed)
- Enhancement opened bugs sort by importance (P1=planed for the next milestone, P2=planed for the next release, P3=not planned yet, P4=planed for the next "non service" release, P5=delayed).
- Unit Test Failures
- Bugs not flaged indigo+ ou juno+ (must be empty)
- Fixed but not assigned bugs (must be empty)
- Resolved but not closed bugs (should be empty)