This page provides the required docuware for the EMF Validation 1.5.0 Release Review, as part of the upcoming Indigo Simultaneous Release.
The EMF Validation project provides the following capabilities.
- Constraint Definition - Provides API for defining constraints for any EMF meta-model (batch and live constraints).
- Customizable model traversal algorithms - Extensibility API to support meta-models that require custom strategies for model traversal.
- Constraint parsing for languages - Provides support for parsing the content of constraint elements defined in specific languages. The validation framework provides support for two languages: Java and OCL.
- Configurable constraint bindings to application contexts - API support to define "client contexts" that describe the objects that need to be validated and to bind them to constraints that need to be enforced on these objects.
- Validation listeners - Support for listening to validation events.
New in this release
No significant events have occurred with the Indigo release. EMF Validation is undergoing it's participation in the Eclipse Simultaneous release as it has for each and every release. This is the sixth yearly June release of EMF Validation.
Accordance with project plan themes and priorities
See the EMF Validation project plan at http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?projectid=modeling.emf.validation
APIs have not changed this release.
- The project lead certifies that the requirements for Eclipse Quality APIs have been met for this release.
- Metamodel definitions and corresponding implementations are considered APIs.
- API Tooling has been employed.
- No change.
- Tools haven't changed.
Nothing has been deprecated.
Bugzilla snapshot for the Indigo release.
Nothing has changed.
EMF Validation is a “+1” component in the simultaneous release.
M1 08/16/2010 M2 09/27/2010 M3 11/08/2010 M4 12/13/2010 M5 01/31/2011 M6 03/14/2011 API freeze M7 05/02/2011 Feature Freeze RC1 05/16/2011 RC2 05/23/2011 RC3 05/30/2011 RC4 06/06/2011 Indigo 06/22/2011
- Interaction in Bugzilla
- Activity on the EMF newsgroup
- Collaboration with other projects at Eclipse
No committers changes on EMF Validation for Indigo. Anthony Hunter is the lead and currently the only active committer.
The EMF Validation component leadership verifies that:
- the about files and use licenses are in place as per the Guidelines to Legal Documentation.
- all contributions (code, documentation, images, etc) have been committed by individuals who are either Members of the Foundation, or have signed the appropriate Committer Agreement. In either case, these are individuals who have signed, and are abiding by, the Eclipse IP Policy.
- all significant contributions have been reviewed by the Foundation's legal staff.
- all non-Committer code contributions, including third-party libraries, have been documented in the release and reviewed by the Foundation's legal staff.
- all Contribution Questionnaires have been completed.
- the "provider" field of each plug-in is set to "Eclipse Modeling Project“.
- the "copyright" field of each feature is set to the copyright owner (the Eclipse Foundation is rarely the copyright owner).
- any third-party logos or trademarks included in the distribution (icons, help file logos, etc) have been licensed under the EPL.
- any fonts or similar third-party images included in the distribution (e.g. in PDF or EPS files) have been licensed under the EPL.
The EMF Validation Project IP log in located at http://www.eclipse.org/projects/ip_log.php?projectid=modeling.emf.validation
The current project plan is available from http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?projectid=modeling.emf.validation
Draft development plan for next release is not yet available.