This page provides the required docuware for the EMF Validation 1.4.0 Release Review, as part of the upcoming Helios Simultaneous Release.
The EMF Validation project provides the following capabilities.
- Constraint Definition - Provides API for defining constraints for any EMF meta-model (batch and live constraints).
- Customizable model traversal algorithms - Extensibility API to support meta-models that require custom strategies for model traversal.
- Constraint parsing for languages - Provides support for parsing the content of constraint elements defined in specific languages. The validation framework provides support for two languages: Java and OCL.
- Configurable constraint bindings to application contexts - API support to define "client contexts" that describe the objects that need to be validated and to bind them to constraints that need to be enforced on these objects.
- Validation listeners - Support for listening to validation events.
New in this release
EMF Validation is undergoing it's participation in the Eclipse Simultaneous release as it has for each and every release. This is the fifth yearly June release of EMF Validation.
Accordance with project plan themes and priorities
See the EMF Validation project plan at http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?projectid=modeling.emf.validation
APIs have not changed this release.
- The project lead certifies that the requirements for Eclipse Quality APIs have been met for this release.
- Metamodel definitions and corresponding implementations are considered APIs.
- API Tooling has been employed.
- No change.
- Tools haven't changed.
Nothing has been deprecated.
Bugzilla snapshot for the Helios release.
Nothing has changed.
EMF Validation is a “+1” component in the simultaneous release.
M1 08/17/2009 M2 09/28/2009 M3 11/09/2009 M4 12/14/2009 M5 02/01/2010 M6 03/15/2010 API freeze M7 05/03/2010 Feature Freeze RC1 05/17/2010 RC2 05/24/2010 RC3 05/31/2010 RC4 06/07/2010 RC5 06/14/2010 Helios 06/23/2010
- Interaction in Bugzilla
- Activity on the EMF newsgroup
- Collaboration with other projects at Eclipse
- Attendance at EclipseCon 2010
No committers changes on EMF Validation for Helios.
The EMF Validation component leadership verifies that:
- the about files and use licenses are in place as per the Guidelines to Legal Documentation.
- all contributions (code, documentation, images, etc) have been committed by individuals who are either Members of the Foundation, or have signed the appropriate Committer Agreement. In either case, these are individuals who have signed, and are abiding by, the Eclipse IP Policy.
- all significant contributions have been reviewed by the Foundation's legal staff.
- all non-Committer code contributions, including third-party libraries, have been documented in the release and reviewed by the Foundation's legal staff.
- all Contribution Questionnaires have been completed.
- the "provider" field of each plug-in is set to "Eclipse Modeling Project“.
- the "copyright" field of each feature is set to the copyright owner (the Eclipse Foundation is rarely the copyright owner).
- any third-party logos or trademarks included in the distribution (icons, help file logos, etc) have been licensed under the EPL.
- any fonts or similar third-party images included in the distribution (e.g. in PDF or EPS files) have been licensed under the EPL.
The EMF Validation Project IP log in located at http://www.eclipse.org/projects/ip_log.php?projectid=modeling.emf.validation
The current project plan is available from http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?projectid=modeling.emf.validation
Draft development plan for next release is not yet available.