Difference between revisions of "EMF/Transaction/IndigoReview"
(New page: This page provides the required ''docuware'' for the '''EMF Transaction 1.5.0 Release Review''', as part of the upcoming '''Indigo Simultaneous Release'''. == Overview == The EMF Transact...)
|(One intermediate revision by one other user not shown)|
Latest revision as of 14:41, 4 June 2012
This page provides the required docuware for the EMF Transaction 1.5.0 Release Review, as part of the upcoming Indigo Simultaneous Release.
The EMF Transaction project provides the following capabilities.
- Multi-threading - Supports a protocol for clients to read and write EMF models on multiple threads.
- Model Integrity - Semantic integrity is ensured by automatic validation to detect invalid changes and semantic procedures to proactively maintain correctness of semantic dependencies.
- Batched Events - Clients are notified of groups of related changes in batches, rather than as a stream of EMF notifications. In particular, this allows applications to analyze change sets in their entirety.
- Undo/Redo - For a simplified programming model, the API automatically tracks changes applied to models without the need for client code to use EMF edit Commands. These changes are encapsulated in transactions/operations that can undo and redo themselves.
- Editing Domain - Support cooperative editing of models by multiple editors/applications. EMF resources can be shared amongst different editing domains.
- Eclipse Workspace - The API provides traceability between EMF resources and workspace resources. Multi-threaded access is coordinated via the Eclipse jobs API and its integration with the workspace.
- Eclipse Operations - The API supports the Eclipse operation history as an undo stack for undo/redo of resource changes. The API provides a framework for undoable operations that automatically capture undo/redo information, which can be interleaved on the same history with dependent operations that do not modify the EMF model.
New in this release
No significant events have occurred with the Indigo release. EMF Transaction is undergoing it's participation in the Eclipse Simultaneous release as it has for each and every release. This is the sixth yearly June release of EMF Transaction.
Accordance with project plan themes and priorities
See the EMF Transaction project plan at http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?projectid=modeling.emf.transaction
APIs have not changed this release.
- The project lead certifies that the requirements for Eclipse Quality APIs have been met for this release.
- Metamodel definitions and corresponding implementations are considered APIs.
- API Tooling has been employed.
- No change.
- Tools haven't changed.
Nothing has been deprecated.
Bugzilla snapshot for the Indigo release.
Nothing has changed.
EMF Transaction is a “+1” component in the simultaneous release.
M1 08/16/2010 M2 09/27/2010 M3 11/08/2010 M4 12/13/2010 M5 01/31/2011 M6 03/14/2011 API freeze M7 05/02/2011 Feature Freeze RC1 05/16/2011 RC2 05/23/2011 RC3 05/30/2011 RC4 06/06/2011 Indigo 06/22/2011
- Interaction in Bugzilla
- Activity on the EMF newsgroup
- Collaboration with other projects at Eclipse
No committers changes on EMF Transaction for Indigo. Anthony Hunter is currently the only active committer.
The EMF Transaction component leadership verifies that:
- the about files and use licenses are in place as per the Guidelines to Legal Documentation.
- all contributions (code, documentation, images, etc) have been committed by individuals who are either Members of the Foundation, or have signed the appropriate Committer Agreement. In either case, these are individuals who have signed, and are abiding by, the Eclipse IP Policy.
- all significant contributions have been reviewed by the Foundation's legal staff.
- all non-Committer code contributions, including third-party libraries, have been documented in the release and reviewed by the Foundation's legal staff.
- all Contribution Questionnaires have been completed.
- the "provider" field of each plug-in is set to "Eclipse Modeling Project“.
- the "copyright" field of each feature is set to the copyright owner (the Eclipse Foundation is rarely the copyright owner).
- any third-party logos or trademarks included in the distribution (icons, help file logos, etc) have been licensed under the EPL.
- any fonts or similar third-party images included in the distribution (e.g. in PDF or EPS files) have been licensed under the EPL.
The EMF Transaction Project IP log in located at http://www.eclipse.org/projects/ip_log.php?projectid=modeling.emf.transaction
The current project plan is available from http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?projectid=modeling.emf.transaction
Draft development plan for next release is not yet available.