The EGit project proposal has been accepted. Please visit the project page.
Relation to other Eclipse projects and other open source projects
- Git - The fast distributed SCM
- JGit - a pure Java implementation of Git licensed under a BSD style license.
- Eclipse Linux project: there is natural affinity between Git and Linux, since it is the SCM of choice for the Linux kernel
- Eclipse platform team support and existing providers:
- CVS team provider
- SVN team provider
- Other DVCS projects with Eclipse plugins. We might benefit from sharing API's for certain DVCS related features
- Eclipse PDE build: to provide a Git adapter for PDE build fetching from Git repositories
- Looks like we want an ant task for this
- Mylyn - a Task based IDE that provides privileged integration with Eclipse-supported team providers . A possible integration with EGit could be considered.
- Buckminster - A build and assembly framework. Needs to know about git to be able to clone projects