EGit/New and Noteworthy/3.0
- Consider the ancestor when comparing with remote revisions (bug 400943).
- History view: Adjust column widths and don't show e-mail addresses by default to improve space use
- Improve error reporting for pull failures due to conflicts
- When opening a resource which exists in more than one project (due to nested projects), open it in the most specific project (bug 404629).
- Allow reset to user-entered commit expression in reset dialog (bug 352142).
- Commit dialog: the file section can now be resized by hovering the mouse just above the file section title and dragging the sash up or down, making the message section increase/decrease accordingly (bug 343712).
- Add rename detections to the quickdiff provider (bug 335081).
- Add rename detection to the history file diff viewer (bug 335082).
- Allow users to show server messages while pushing (bug 398387).
- Show fast forward modes in merge dialog (bug 397835).
- Share project: Allow "Create Repository" even when a parent directory already contains a repository (bug 407190).
- Also show committer if different from author in result dialogs of fetch, pull and push (bug 363023).
GitHub Connector Features
- Adapt github connector to use JGit/EGit 3.0
- Switch UserPlan fields to long instead of int
- This expected size can be common for large Enterprise installs.
- Add service support for contents API
- Lessen the re-indexing work and number of queued jobs (bug 381856).
Also see JGit 3.0 release notes.
- Fix commit keyboard shortcut Ctrl+# (bug 363648).
- Fix rebase pulldown in toolbar not being accessible during rebase (bug 387184).
- Fix NPE when operating on a selection containing a linked resource pointing to a file or directory outside of a workspace project git repository (bug 406922).
- Fix branch names shown in Configure Branch dialog (bug 407465).
116 Bugs and 23 enhancement requests were closed
- All former public packages have been marked internal since they were never intended to be API
- File enhancement bugs on EGit Core to specify EGit APIs you need. Prepend [API] to the bug title to mark it as API relevant.
The following 14 developers worked on this release:
André Dietisheim, Carsten Pfeiffer, Dani Megert, François Rey, Gunnar Wagenknecht, Jake Wharton, Kevin Sawicki, Laurent Goubet, Markus Keller, Matthias Sohn, Robin Rosenberg, Robin Stocker, Stephen Elsemore, Tomasz Zarna