EGit/Logical Model Support Improvements 2012
In the past Ericsson already sponsored work to implement support for logical models into EGit. The goal of this work is to enhance the existing implementation with additional features and usability improvements.
The word "model" in "logical model" has nothing to do with the EMF concept of model. Sometimes in this document, we'll talk about logical resources interchangeably. For more details about how logical model support has to be implemented relating to Team, you should read the document Team Support for Logical Model Integration.
For team providers like EGit, the following document is of high interest for implementation purposes: Repository Roadmap for Logical Model Integration
EMF Compare will be used as one of the model providers to be tested as the team is currently working on support for Logical Models, see Logical Model support for EMF compare
- Improve support in Commit Dialog
- Support for logical models in additional compare operations bug 354474
- Improvements to label and icon decorations
- Improvements to Synchronize View
- Removing done commits from synchronized view bug 345286
- Take logical models into account on
- Logical model integration works with EMF Compare
Development occurs on master branch of EGit, reviewed on Gerrit. Ongoing work (work-in-progress) can be preview on GitHub.