This page list all the migration process
From v0.8.X to v0.9.X
There was no regressive changes in EEF metamodels in 0.9 version.
Migrating from end-user point of view
- First, relaunch generation. Use the organize imports action of JDT if needed.
- If you have user code lost in *.lost files, use components and views extension mechanism to reintegrate this code. Delete lost files.
- The components providing mechanism have been changed in 0.9. EEF don't use the XXXPackageEditionProvider and XXXPackagePolicyEditionProvider to get controller and editing policies but a generated AdapterFactory instead. Delete theses classes.
- The sample plugin.xml generated file is updated with the new AdapterFactory declaration. Replace old EEF providers declaration by the generated AdapterFactory.
- Finally, update the OpenWizardOnDoubleClick constructor call (if you use wizards). It takes now the adapterFactory to use in parameter.
It works ! If you have any other trouble, see API Changes section or ask on EMFT newsgroup
The Batch mode in EEF have been redefined. It no longer use clone to compute difference before and after editing, but use ChangeRecorder instead. When opening an editing session in batch mode (basically editing a model element with the EEF wizard), changes are made in live, and if cancel button is used, all changes of the session are undone. This implies many API changes :