EDT:Tutorial: Access a database with EGL Rich UI
In this tutorial, you create a Rich UI application so that the user can access rows in a database.
In this tutorial, you will complete these tasks:
- Plan the application and design the interface.
- Create a Derby database.
- Write a data-access service that interacts with the database tables.
- Create a web application that accesses the service, displays the retrieved data, and processes the user's updates.
- Install and configure the Apache Tomcat web server.
- Deploy the web application and service.
About 3 hours
Next - Lesson 1: Plan the application