EDT:How to move RBD app to EDT
An EDT project has different layout with an RBD project, the best way to make RBD code working in EDT is to create a new EDT project and copy the code to it. There have also been some changes to the EGL language that may require you to change your RBD-developed code to be modified prior to running on EDT.
Move code to an EDT project
- Create a new EDT project.
- If the application contains RUI Handlers, choose either Web2.0 client application or Web 2.0 client application with service depending on if the application also contains services.
- If the application contains only Programs and common code, choose Basic.
- Copy EGL files and packages from the RBD project to the EDT project
- Configure EGL Compiler and generators. Compiler setting is a new feature in EDT which allows setting of different generators for each package and file.
- Select Java Generator for Services, Programs and any common parts referenced by Services or Programs
- Compiler setting of a parent resource is inherited by the children. Setting the package is usually good enough.
- Refactor package and code is sometimes necessary
Modify EGL code
This is a handy list of thing to modify. It is recorded when we move RBD samples and test apps to EDT. See the EGL Language conversion page for more information about updates to EGL.