EDT:How to move RBD app to EDT
An EDT project has different layout with an RBD project, the best way to make RBD code working in EDT is to create a new EDT project and copy the code to it. There have also been some changes to the EGL language that may require you to change your RBD-developed code to be modified prior to running on EDT.
Move code to an EDT project
- Create a new EDT project.
- If the application contains RUI Handlers, choose either Web2.0 client application or Web 2.0 client application with service depending on if the application also contains services.
- If the application contains only Programs and common code, choose Basic.
- Copy EGL files and packages from the RBD project to the EDT project
- Configure EGL Compiler and generators. Compiler setting is a new feature in EDT which allows setting of different generators for each package and file.
- Select Java Generator for Services, Programs and any common parts referenced by Services or Programs
- Compiler setting of a parent resource is inherited by the children. Setting the package is usually good enough.
- Refactor package and code is sometime necessary