EDT:How to add new EDT plugins
Revision as of 15:47, 11 April 2011 by Mheitz.us.ibm.com (New page: When a new plugin is added to EDT, the release engineer should do the following. * Add the plugin project to our CVS repository. (This could be done by any committer.) Do Team > Share Pro...)
When a new plugin is added to EDT, the release engineer should do the following.
- Add the plugin project to our CVS repository. (This could be done by any committer.) Do Team > Share Project > CVS and choose :extssh:email@example.com:/cvsroot/tools. Choose Use Specified Module Name and enter org.eclipse.edt/folder/pluginName.
- If the folder in the previous step is new, update the project metadata. Go to https://dev.eclipse.org/portal/myfoundation/portal/portal.php, click view new to tools.edt, and click maintain next to Project Info Meta-data. Click edit and update the list under "source repository".
- Add the new plugin to the feature.xml of its feature.
- Make an entry in the map file (org.eclipse.edt.releng/maps/edt.map) for the new plugin.
- Do Team > Release to get the code into the next build.