EDT:EGL Editor Introduction
EGL editor is base on eclipse to provide specialized features for editing EGL code. Associated with the editor is a EGL-specific Outline view, which shows the structure of the active EGL Part. It is updated as the user edits the EGL file. The EGL editor includes the following features:
- Syntax highlighting
- Content/code assist
- Code formatting
- Import assistance(Organize import)
- Quick fix
- Integrated debugging features
In this blog I will introduce some features to improve the EGL development efficiency
- Use Content Assist to improve development efficiency
- Quick fix/Quick Assist
- Navigation between EGL parts
- Vertical ruler
Use Content Assist to improve development efficiency
Content assist helps you to quickly define variable, function or finish a line of code in the EGL editor. The content assist is context sensitive, which means that the proposals listed in the dialog is different with the cursor position changing. In the EGL editor press Ctrl + Space or Alt + “/”(Can be configured) on to trigger the content assist.This will open a list of available code completions.
Three types of content assist proposals in EGL
- Keyword Proposals：This proposal type only provides EGL Keywords which can be used at the current cursor position.
- Reference Proposals：This proposal type provides proposals like variables defined in the context,System type,library,functions which can be used at the current cursor position.
- Template Proposals：Template proposal type provide predefined code snippet,like function definition code, externaltype definition code etc.
How to configure content assist
- Open configuration dialog Window>Preferences>EGL>Editor>Content Assist
- Make sure auto activation checkbox was selected.
- Expend Content assist node and select Advanced configure page.
- Choose those Proposal kinds in your default proposal list(The first proposal list when content assist was invoked)
- Configure the order of proposal kinds you as you want.