To share a code snippet:
- On the page of interest, click Edit and, if necessary, log in to eclipse.org.
- Add a section or update an existing one; but always include your code in the following wikitext markup:
<source lang="java"> // put code here </source>
- The <source> tag is used instead of <code> or <pre> since it provides syntax highlighting similar to an advanced source code editor. We use the Java language highlighting, since a highlighter for EGL doesn't exist (yet). If you are interested in writing a syntax highlighter for EGL, the GeSHi (Generic Syntax Highlighter) extension is used.
- For longer examples, consider adding line numbers using line="GESHI_NORMAL_LINE_NUMBERS" in the source tag, though for some reason then the snippet doesn't appear in a colored background.
- To add most of your content, click Wikitext or disable the Rich Editor.
- Before you create a new page, read these instructions.
For help with editing, see Wikitext examples.