ECF Conference Call 9.23.2008
Revision as of 09:53, 23 September 2008 by Slewis.composent.com
Move to runtime
- Stay with CVS for now...as use of ECF in p2/platform makes subversion usage more cumbersome. It may be possible to use Subversion for components of ECF in future.
- See ECF Migration to Runtime Project to verify new module structure and that all necessary existing modules are to be copied over. Make changes to page if things missing or wrong.
- Ted and Markus are talking about changes to build to do automated testing.
2.0.1 service release
- Contribution to Ganymede 3.4.1 service release complete. After Ganymede service release Scott will do a build for ECF download page.
2.1 Minor Release
- See ECF/Plan for 2.1. Also Scott would like to introduce org.eclipse.ecf.storage plugin. *See /cvsroot/technology/org.eclipse.ecf/plugins/org.eclipse.ecf.storage and ../tests/org.eclipse.ecf.tests.storage.
- Markus and Jan will check with Sharon and then commit jSLP RC5 to ECF repository. After that is complete then build will be updated. Hopefully can happen in time for 2.1.
Planning for ECF 3.0
- See ECF/Plan for 3.0.
- Need to restructure ECF features for easier (p2-based) consumption. See Reorganize/restructure ECF Features on ECF/Plan for 3.0.
- COMMITTER ACTION: All committers review ECF/Plan for 3.0 and report to mailing list whether their area and availability matches plan with what is there. Scott needs input on the plan so that he can construct an xml-based plan that is reasonable/rational given people's availability for ECF.